March 2014 Moms
Options

Breast Milk Donation Bank

I have a rather large stash of frozen breast milk that I want to donate (there is just no room in our freezer and we may be moving soon). I am making more fresh milk than M eats each day, so I don't want the oversupply to go to waste.

I called my local hospital, and they said that there is no milk donation bank in our area; I will have to ship out of state to MA. Since I have to ship anyway, I wanted to see if any M14 moms are interested before I ship to the Mother's Milk Bank of the Northeast.

Re: Breast Milk Donation Bank

• Options
    Thanks @nikkys2008‌ I will!
  • Options
    I posted about this about a week ago and someone suggested eats on feets on face-book.. I joined the group and have seen several people I could donate to just haven't done so yet but probably will in the near future!

Lilypie - (rVtP)Daisypath - (hJ7A)Lilypie - (mHiG)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    there are lots of local breast milk sharing groups on facebook too where you could donate to a local mom in need. I did this when LO was younger and I had a stash, to a mom of a preemie that couldn't afford milk bank milk (they charge like $4 an ounce I think)
    Human Milk 4 Human Babies is one group that I used.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions @kstar83‌ and @talee1989‌ !
  • Options
    of course @jcoffeebeans. I think it is a wonderful gesture and there are so many babies, that don't tolerate formula and you can just see the moms so stressed out. i know I would be! And even just being able to relieve that stress for a week can help so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"