Illinois Babies
Options

large-size maternity bras?

Hey Chicago ladies - particularly those with larger breasts - where do you go to get your bras? 38G here (or at least I was pre-pregnancy, who knows what I'll actually measure now), lived here for 2 years and I haven't yet found a go-to place! Obviously I need somewhere that carries larger sizes, and with staff who are trained in bra fitting and will help me find something that works. I'm located in NW Chicago but definitely willing to head into the city or out to the burbs for the right place!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: large-size maternity bras?

• Options
    I swear by Lane Bryant's Cacique collection! Have been wearing them for about 10 years now. I actually bought new bras over the summer and tried a different brand, but returned them for Cacique. I got some nursing bras at Motherhood Maternity back in the day that were fine for when the time comes. I had a sports-style bra from them that was very comfy!
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    Another recommendation for Be By Baby in Roscoe Village!  I think I read a sign that said they go up to size K?  Very friendly, helpful staff and a huge selection!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies! I think my next mission will be to Be By Baby! I ended up going to Nordstrom for a regular bra but I don't think the lady fitted me correctly. Either that or my boobs have just expanded, again... but I don't know, she seemed to be in kind of a rush. I was really happy when I left and then a few days later I was completely uncomfortable and crying about it! Oh the joys of pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think Soma in 900 N Michigan carries larger sizes.
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• Options
    I've had yet another recommendation for Be By Baby, and also for a place called Schwartz's Intimate Apparel in Highland Park. Just passing along for anyone else who comes across this thread! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you are ever in crystal Lake, there is a boutique called La Bellisima downtown, the owner is very knowledgeable and is wonderful at fitting. I've introduced several friends to her and they exclusively shop there now. She has a great selection with some beautiful options!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"