December 2014 Moms
Options

MOLD!!!

Soooo il start my schpeel of how awful this pregnancy has been. First twenty weeks consisted of all day deathly morning sickness accompanied by my terrible job in a deli, among other things. At 22 weeks my disease decided I wasn't going to get away with this pregnancy without the wrath of kidney stones so I ended up in the hospital three times with my left kidney completely failing and had to go through two different surgeries, all While training at my new job. So around 28 weeks I'm pretty much healed and go back to work on the lovely shift of 1130-1030 4 days a week, and I just cannot stop feeling I'll constantly! I'm thinking what the heck, when will this end! I can't eat anything without feeling like I'm being kicked in the stomach, like my heart is going to beat out of my chest, and inevitably ending up with my face in the toilet. Every freaking night. I can't even eat anything that has bread or cheese for some reason.. Anyway, I get shaky and dizzy . I passed the glucose scan and doctor said my blood pressure is fine, they are currently checking my proteins, but he's chalking it up as a bad last trimester combined with the meds I'm on due to my disease (cystenuria) that I take to control the production of my chronic kidney stones (mine are made of protien, just a fun fact) ... BUT for weeks I've heard a hissing getting louder and louder from our fridge, everyone pretty much said I'm crazy and guess what we find today?! MOLD EVERYWHERE, guess why?! Flipping fridge hose has been slowly leaking! (Not crazy!), my question is, could this be why I'm constantly feeling awful with no explication?? I mean I get it all, chills , dizziness, nausea, migraines, the nine yards. Have we found the culprit? And what precautions should I be taking? Also I have a two year old? Should I be taking more precautions for her too?

Re: MOLD!!!

• Options
    Well considering I just found out, obviously il talk to my doctor, I just thought women could be helpful instead of act like, well that. I don't understand why people feel so inclined to answer with a dumb question that clearly went through my head far before I posted this on a public page.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Talk to someone who knows something about mold.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Oh yeah one more thing....

I don't understand why people are inclined to ask stupid questions to random internet strangers. But alas here you are asking a stupid question....

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited October 2014
    Depends...are you allergic to mold?  How do your other seasonal and environmental allergies present? 

Is it black mold?  With my mold allergy I haven't had it cause the GI issues that you were previously explaining. 

Perhaps you should get it professionally cleaned and then see if your symptoms clear up. 

Edit:  I would also recommend you change your SN so that you aren't so easily googled. 

Test
  • Options
    Unfortunately I know nothing about mold. I would contact someone who does and contact your dr to be safe. Oh and try and stay out of the kitchen until someone comes to look at it just in case.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    OP, not sure if the below link is helpful because it does not go into detail about the potential health effects of mold. But it does state that mold in your fridge could potentially get into the air in your house so you can be breathing spores in whenever you are at home. Hope this helps a little.

https://cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/20121/does-having-spoiling-food-in-your-fridge-cause-other-food-to-spoil-faster
  • Options
    Well considering I just found out, obviously il talk to my doctor, I just thought women could be helpful instead of act like, well that. I don't understand why people feel so inclined to answer with a dumb question that clearly went through my head far before I posted this on a public page.
    You do know it took longer to type up your diary entry above than it would take to dial the 7 digits that are likely necessary to get in touch with your doctor?

Test
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I would not only talk to your Dr about the mold, but also whatever was in the fridge hose that leaked. I don't know how fridges work, but I'm assuming it's some sort of coolant or something.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited October 2014

Soooo il start my schpeel of how awful this pregnancy has been. First twenty weeks consisted of all day deathly morning sickness accompanied by my terrible job in a deli, among other things. At 22 weeks my disease decided I wasn't going to get away with this pregnancy without the wrath of kidney stones so I ended up in the hospital three times with my left kidney completely failing and had to go through two different surgeries, all While training at my new job. So around 28 weeks I'm pretty much healed and go back to work on the lovely shift of 1130-1030 4 days a week, and I just cannot stop feeling I'll constantly! I'm thinking what the heck, when will this end! I can't eat anything without feeling like I'm being kicked in the stomach, like my heart is going to beat out of my chest, and inevitably ending up with my face in the toilet. Every freaking night. I can't even eat anything that has bread or cheese for some reason.. Anyway, I get shaky and dizzy . I passed the glucose scan and doctor said my blood pressure is fine, they are currently checking my proteins, but he's chalking it up as a bad last trimester combined with the meds I'm on due to my disease (cystenuria) that I take to control the production of my chronic kidney stones (mine are made of protien, just a fun fact) ... BUT for weeks I've heard a hissing getting louder and louder from our fridge, everyone pretty much said I'm crazy and guess what we find today?! MOLD EVERYWHERE, guess why?! Flipping fridge hose has been slowly leaking! (Not crazy!), my question is, could this be why I'm constantly feeling awful with no explication?? I mean I get it all, chills , dizziness, nausea, migraines, the nine yards. Have we found the culprit? And what precautions should I be taking? Also I have a two year old? Should I be taking more precautions for her too?
    I have no idea what to say to this... I guess it could make you sick. How did so much mold build up in your fridge without your realizing it?
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely a doctor question. You need to let them know what your symptoms are, how long they have been happening, and if anyone in your family is having the same symptoms. You should also stop being mean to the people that you asked for help. Us telling you to go to the doctor is the best answer!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hope you can get it cleaned out soon! Definitely call someone like a contractor or whatever to come see if it's in your walls. Good luck
  • Options
    Um

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry you are going through so much. Mold is a nasty thing we had mold in our last house we were always sick we bought a new house and no one is sick anymore. Call someone who specializes in mold for clean up if it's bad. I think black mold is the worst health wise. Good luck!
  • Options
    Can mold make you type really long, rambling, paragraphs that make people's eyes hurt? 

If so, then I think it's mold.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"