June 2015 Moms

If you continued to (obsessively) test with wondfos...

What happened?

I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and embarrassingly I've been testing with Wondfos daily for uhm... about 3 weeks now.

:\">

They got continuously darker, reached the point of slightly darker than the control, stayed that way for about a week and now seems to be getting lighter.

Is this normal or a bad sign? I know they say stop testing it will make you crazy, and they're right. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: If you continued to (obsessively) test with wondfos...

• I saw in another thread someone mentioned that once your HCG gets too high it starts making the wondfos not as dark. Weird!
    Me: 30 DH: 30 ~ TTC #1 Since August 2011 
    BFP #1 2/28/13, Ectopic, Tubal surgery 3/25 
    Began RE testing 8/8, Dx Unexplained, 
    IUI #1 11/1=BFN Moving on to IVF 
    IVF #1 12/2 ER 8R 7M 4 fertilized
    12/7 Transferred 2 "perfect" little blasts 12/17 BFN
    New DX= DOR, I fu*kng hate IF
    1/14 Hysteroscopy, new clean uterus!
    IVF #2: bcp, Lupron, follistim 300, menopur 225. 2/21 8R 4M 3F. 3dt of 2 perfect embryos. 1 little penguin 
     3/10 BFFN
    Regrouping. Seeing reproductive immunologist Dr. Kwak Kim 6/10 
    Kwak Kim protocol: Metformin 1000mg, vitamin D 4000iu, vitamin E 400iu, baby aspirin, Metanx, levothyroxine 75mcgs 
     Surprise BFP 9/21!!! Beta #1 247, Beta #2 630. Miscarried 10/13

• The hook effect can cause that
    What's the "hook effect"?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine were still dark, but I ran out of wondfos and I'm not super far along (they only just got darker than the control). I love my pee-stick collection. For reference, my last wondfo was on Saturday and I had an U/S today and all I've got is an egg and yolk. My first positive wondfo was eleven days ago.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • I guess it's just time to stop testing so I can stop freaking myself out.

BabyFruit Ticker

• PenguinMG said:

I'll admit that is super satisfying to see the test line be so dark that the control is almost a squinter (FRER, not wondfo). #teampeeonallthethings
    I've been thinking about possibly buying one last FRER just to hopefully see that and then quit testing. Maybe I'll do that... though I feel like its a waste of money.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I can barely see my frer control line now 5w5d I try to test with dollar tree cheapies once a day but if I even get a faint cramp I go pee on a stick lol. They're comforting but I know if I get a bad result I'll freak so I'm trying to be cautious. I caved and bought a cb week estimator and got a 3+ At 5w3d I hope after my ultrasound on Thursday I'll chill before Hpts break me. My collection is in the $80/90 range O.o I have a problem.
  • I am totally on TPOATT! I'm notorious for testing too early and of course being disappointed...so this month i purposely didn't have any tests in my house and i told DH to not let me buy any until atleast 12 DPO. Well on a whim at 10 DPO I was staring at some clearbue digital OPKs in my bathroom and thought what the hell. I figured it would come up with an open circle, meaning negative, and that even if it didnt it couldnt really be reliable, right?...anyway big fat smiley face! So I was like wait, whattttt. I immediately bought a million pee sticks and have been taking them once (but usually TWICE) a day ever since...no shame. 

• I peed on Wondfos every morning for 10 days in a row starting at 8 DPO. BFP was 10 DPO, so I had 8 days of BFPs before I got a really satisfying dark line and decided to quit and just pee on one more FRER this week sometime to get a pretty FRER +. Apparently I should do that sooner rather than later, if yours are getting lighter approaching 6w...
    imageimage  
               J15 January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married 9.29.12
    TTC #1 8.2014 BFP #1 9.26.14 - Happy anniversary!
    Expecting our little Peanut 6.9.15
  • So after reading this and other posts on the topic I decided to POAS this evening after drinking lots of liquids so it was more diluted.

I just used another Wondfo and it was as dark as the control again! I also used an equate OPK that I forgot I had since I was curious and the test line was dark and solid before I even laid the stick flat. Way darker than the control. I know it was just an OPK but even when I detected my LH surge it only ever got just as dark as the control never darker, so it was fun to see. :)

I feel better now and should stop testing but we'll see. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've peed on Wondfo's every day since my first faint positive on 8dpo, I'm now on 14dpo........fortunately I ordered large pack online because I'll probably test until my first doctors appointment
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm at 6wks 4 days and mine have started to get lighter too! Thanks for this post!
  • So glad I'm not the only person still peeing on things! I had two chemical pregnancies where the lines stayed faint and faded out, so I have been excited to watch the lines get darker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am an obsessive pee-er and now have a weird labeled collection taped to a piece of paper from the first BFP to now to see the progression. Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo. Gotta love those wondfos!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • ahh i only tested once, the day i missed my period. is everyone continuing to test? i think that would drive me crazy.
  • I got my BFP with a Clear Blue on Friday 13DPO (and was excited that it already said 2-3 weeks, because with my first pregnancy it only showed 1-2 weeks at 13DPO so in my mind I'm hoping my HCG levels are already higher than last time?) And then I used my last Wondfo on Saturday 'just to confirm' and got a really nice solid line. I won't be buying anymore tests but I have 2 more Clear Blues left so I'll probably use one this weekend to see if it bumps up to 3+ weeks...I mean, why not right?

I'm also hoping that since I recently miscarried, my doctor will do early BHCG tests to confirm that the pregnancy is progressing. I have a phone call with her in an hour so I'm pretty anxious to find out.

• The hook effect is the real deal! I was 6 weeks on Sunday, and I took a test with FMU and it was lighter than it had been, so I googled the hook effect. I drank water and peed after only holding my pee an hour and it was very dilute and the line was as dark as the control line!! It is totally a thing, and it does exist.

After that yesterday, it made me feel confident enough to back away from the pee sticks. I'm really going to try not to POAS again unless I freak out about something. Strangely enough this so called hook effect made me feel better!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"