Trouble TTC

AW: Totally Overwhelmed Tonight

I had my IVF consult today to go over my protocol.  I've been on BCPs for 2 weeks and will be on them for 2 more weeks. I go in on Oct. 16th for my first US and a mock transfer, I didn't know they did this, but he said they put the catheter in I guess to see what their dealing with before the actual procedure.  I start Lupron that day or the next, there was so much info, I honestly don't remember exactly.  What totally freaked me out was that I have to start Progesterone Injections the day after my ER, and I will take them at least 7 days, but more than likely longer.  In know these are the dreaded shot.  I really thought I would avoid them by take the suppositories, but my doctor feels the injections have a better success rate.  He said if I really can't handle them I can switch to the suppositories, but if he feels the injects will give me a better chance and I'm not going to risk it.  I had such and anxiety attack in the doctors office just thinking about it.  As it gets closer to really happening I am totally terrified, I cried all the way home in the car and then had another meltdown when I got home and showed my husband the protocol.  I've calmed down, but I have to get over this fear of that damn needle.  Any advice on how to do this?  How long did you have to take the Progesterone Injection after the ER?  

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

Re: AW: Totally Overwhelmed Tonight

• Girl! First of all, big hugs! You are so close now. I've only had one IM shot at home and it was NDB. REALLY. I swear I would not lie to you. The placement is important. I'm going to find a video and I'll be back.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck, HV!
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • @ronniesgirls1981 thank you so much, I just watched the video.  It made me feel a little better.  I just keep hoping I'm overreacting.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• ((HUGS)) to you. I haven't been anywhere near this point and can't imagine how overwhelmed you're feeling, but I agree with ketchups's great advice, all the wash down to the bottle of wine. Take a deep breath, hug YH and know we're all here for you in any way we can be!
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Thanks ketchup. Problem is I drank almost a whole bottle of wine last night lol, my H had to be at work super early this morning and went to bed early, I stayed up and proceeded to drink almost the whole bottle. I know I can do it but the thought of it makes me weak.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Hang in there, lady. I haven't been there, but I hope you're feeling this way because of nerves and that the actual experience won't be that bad. 

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• @Hollowvic‌ you can do this!! I am going to be a week or two ahead of you on my first IVF, so how about this, if you are having a freak-out, just PM me and I'll tell ya how easy it was! I had my mock transfer and hysteroscopy yesterday, and it was really, really NBD! If you had an HSG, it really should be no worse than that (I would say the mock transfer/scope was easier in my case.) Yeah the PIO needles are scary, but you got this! I am told the progesterone injects are better for getting your levels up, so that's worth it for getting your baby...keep the end goal in mind and you can get through all of this. As for the protocol, just take it one day at a time. And LMK if I can help! Also, wine as others have suggested. Mmm wine, now where are you...
    2.5 years TTC with MFI, 3 failed IUIs 
    IVF w/ICSI October 2014: 17R, 13M, 12F 4 Frosties
    ET of two blasts 11/2/14 BFP!!! It's TWINS! EDD 7/21/15

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @chicory‌ I am right behind ya, I appreciate knowing I can pm you if I'm having a freak out moment. I'm going to take it one day at a time. Now that I'm home and relaxing it's sinking in and I have more of a grip on it. I think there's just going to be days when I get totally overwhelmed, today was one of them. Thank you

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• I only had one PIO injection, and had to take the suppositories. The PIO injection was really not bad at all. Teeny and not painful. You got this!!!

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• I haven't gotten to this point, but I know that we can do so much more than we give ourselves credit for. You got this!
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012
    BFP 06.04.2014  EDD 02.13.2015  D&C 07.25.2014

photo February4_zps0abb1614.jpg
    RE Consult Results
    Me: 32, PCOS, Hypothyroid, HSG All Clear
    DH: 33, Low Morph (2.5%)
    11.2014 (Letrozole+IUI+Progesterone)=?

• I'm not anywhere near the point where you are at so I can't provide any advice. But, I get the needle fear. Having all of these blood draws is my worst nightmare. What keeps me going is what the "prize" is at the end. I would do anything for a baby. So, keep your head up and think happy thoughts with the shots. You'll do great and get through it all with flying colors :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

• Looks like you've got a lot of great support, teachers, and motivators in this group. You'll do great!
  • typo31 said:
    Looks like you've got a lot of great support, teachers, and motivators in this group. You'll do great!

I Do have a lo of great support and motivators in this group, I don't know what I would do without you ladies :)

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Sounds like an exciting IVF cycle plan!! So sorry you're stuck with PIO shots but it shows amazing courage that you will go through with it even when it's scary.

I have always been so scared I can't breathe when DH gives me B12 shots in the arm...but when I finally gave myself the shot, it felt so much easier, because I felt like I was in control instead of someone doing something to me. Maybe find out what sounds less scary for you...maybe closing your eyes while YH deals with the needle will make it a little easier?

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"