July 2012 Moms
Options

S/O Xmas

What are you getting/asking for your little ones? I found a train table for Dagny on a FB marketplace site and am going to ask Grandparents for Thomas tracks & trains. I'm also thinking Santa will bring her a basketball hoop but need some other small ideas.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O Xmas

• Options
    @cookiesandwine‌ that's why I'm going with the train table idea. Thomas tracks & stuff are expensive but between the 3 sets of grandparents who buy for her (my Dad & Stepmom put $ in her college account) over $200 is spent! So I like the idea of the trains because it's basically one present they can all contribute to.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Pleione‌ I love the bean bag idea!

• Options
    PleionePleione member
    edited September 2014
    @aimeefarrahfowler - I think a big boy room would be a great present. You'll just have to get him excited about it and do some sort of big reveal maybe? You can always also do little stocking stuffers so he gets to open something too.

@britbratjf - yah, I like it in theory too, now actually finding one of these things that's comfy, durable, kid-sized, and most importantly with a zippered cover that can be thrown in the wash.... should be an interesting challenge.
  • Options

K is obsessed with snapping pics with our cameras, so we will def be getting him a kid-friendly digital camera (found some cool ones for like $40). I know he's young for it, but he covets ours and we can barely even pull it out to snap pics because he tries to take it from us and its all he can think about (thus ruining the pics) whenever we get it out.

Also, he's been pretending things are guitars and singing along as he strums them lately so we plan on getting him a little kiddie guitar and maybe some new paints/markers/craft kits since all of his from his birthday are already used up and gross by now.

• Options
    Oh, and a baby doll to "practice" with for when the new baby comes and we are totally re-doing his room into a big boy room with a big boy bed. So hopefully that will go over well!

• Options
    Ohhhh @bellaxanthe‌ a Barbie is a good idea. She's played with those at a friends house and liked them!

• Options
    PleionePleione member
    edited September 2014
    @sarasansh, ooh those look perfect! With washable slipcovers too. I might have to talk myself into buying one despite the price tag.
  • Options
    we're cutting back this year because we went over board last year. Something lie Santa gets the big gift and we get her 4 other small ones. We're doing the calico critter doll house. shes played with one a few times and loves it.

• Options
    @karmb Dagny loves those Calico Critters too! Maybe I'll pick up one of those if I get a good coupon close to Xmas...

• Options
    @karmb Dagny loves those Calico Critters too! Maybe I'll pick up one of those if I get a good coupon close to Xmas...
    I know. theyre so expensive but I figure its a goo set that can grow with her

• Options
    The boys are going to get 1 big gift all together and right now it's between a trampoline (the 5' one that's only 2' off the ground), or a john deer power wheel that they can take turns driving but that they can all fit on at the same time. Then each boy will get a few things to open.

Cortlandt is super into Spider-Man and transformers and dressing up so it will be along those lines. And he may be getting a new bike since he has outgrown his.

Camden is super into Hulk, really all of the avengers, dressing up, transformers, and painting so his gifts will go along those lines.

Jace I have no clue! I feel like the kids have all the toys they could possibly need which is why we are keeping Christmas simple! He will probably get some new clothes and some decorations for his room since we are redoing it and a few little toys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"