February 2015 Moms
Options

Tuesday Spam

1235»

Re: Tuesday Spam

• Options
    Mine was only about 20 minutes and then 5 minutes for getting images of his heart. She took a lot of measurements and pointed out organs, but it wasn't very time intensive. Maybe you have a particularly cooperative baby?
    Yeah, this was pretty much it for us, too.  Head, heart, leg (for height), and made sure all the important bits were there - they check for things like cleft palate and look at the heartbeat.  It was way shorter this time than I've ever had before, but I just figure baby wasn't squiggling around too much.  Despite the two cups of coffee I drank beforehand.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Case of Ebola has been confirmed in Dallas. 

Scary stuff.
    I have been so scared of this happening!

I know I just saw that.  I knew they were testing a person in Dallas and based on the info they provided it seemed like they were HIGHLY suspicious instead of just doing their due diligence and testing like they have with the other cases they tested for ebola in and came up neg.  

It is absolutely terrifying but at the same time I know our medical system is far superior to that of Africa not just in management of a single case but in disease control etc that I am not that scared it will spread like it has in Africa.  

I have been following the Ebola epidemic quite closely since it first was reported/ before it became the headline it is.  
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mahalo3mahalo3 member
    edited September 2014
  • Options

At what point do I stop being the buffer between DH and my sister and just let them argue it out?

I wish I knew the answer. I just fear that once you stop being a buffer, you'll just get pulled into the middle. @jennhillhoite‌
  • Options
    foxslaw said:

At what point do I stop being the buffer between DH and my sister and just let them argue it out?

I wish I knew the answer. I just fear that once you stop being a buffer, you'll just get pulled into the middle. @jennhillhoite‌
    @foxslaw‌, my fears exactly.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

foxslaw said:

Also if I remember correctly, your mom is already criticizing you for not helping your sister out more or something? I'm afraid that would make that situation worse too. Have you talked to your DH about how you're afraid to be in the middle? @jennhillhoite‌
  • Options
    I also want to say that my heart goes out to you. This seems like a really sucky situation. :(@jennhillhoite‌
  • Options
    foxslaw said:

foxslaw said:

Also if I remember correctly, your mom is already criticizing you for not helping your sister out more or something? I'm afraid that would make that situation worse too. Have you talked to your DH about how you're afraid to be in the middle? @jennhillhoite‌
    Yes. I made my mom aware of her parties and drinking but my mom still thinks I should help her out more. There isn't a lot I can do outside of letting her live in my house tent free.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kefttsc said:
    Oem617 said:
    Paleomama said:
    Quick question about car seats: for those with a singleton pregnancy, are you registering for one car seat or two? My husband thinks it will be a pain in the ass to haul one car seat from car to car. Is it ridiculous to register for two just because we're lazy, or is that normal?
    1 seat, 2 bases. Not only is it easier to deal with, but it also lessens the chance of forgetting that you have the baby in the car because whoever has the baby has the seat.
    Do they sale the bases separate? I have never thought of doing that.
    @paleomama Yes, they do! And most BRU/BBB stores will let you try car seats in your car before you buy.
    Roughly $30 for a base.
    Damn that's not bad. The base for the Britax B Safe infant seat we have is $70.
    The base for the Chicco Keyfit 30 is $85!  And we have to have TWO extras.  EEEEEKKK!!!!!
    Girl tell me about it, watch for deals, and don't forget it will qualify for the 20% off coupon and the multiples discount.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Trin42 said:

My Random (which is a confession of sorts): I googled the correct usage of I.E. and E.G. last week and I'm really trying to use them correctly now.  I always ALWAYS used I.E. because I like the looks of it better. :\">  I find most of the time I actually need to use E.G. so I probably looked like an idiot for years.

HAH I should probably do this...I don't doubt I've been using them wrong myself.

Oh man, I get a grammar hard on when using them properly. Totally different once you know what the letters stand for!  :D

Well, that settles it--if it turns on @Irishcurls, then I need to go educate myself!

-----quote fail

i.e = id est, "that is," or "that is to say." So use i.e when giving further explanation, or rephrasing.

e.g = exampli gratia, "for example." When using a concrete example. 

Learn something new everyday! I think I have been using I.e. wrong.

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My dog is chillin next to me on the bed and just looked up at me with sad eyes. Wish I knew what he was thinking.
  • Options
    My dog is chillin next to me on the bed and just looked up at me with sad eyes. Wish I knew what he was thinking.

my guess is food or walk.

That's all my dogs ever think about anyways

• Options
    Maple403Maple403 member
    edited September 2014
    Congrats to all the ladies who had their A/S today! Sounds like good news all around.

Urgh. Weight. I saw some people mention it. Well, today at our Office barbeque, I got my first rude weight inquiry. A female coworker said "You are still really small. How much weight have you gained?" I don't lie well and I'm really non-confrontational, so I answered honestly: "6 pounds. It's less than average and I'm eating extra to try to gain more." The lady just kind of said again how small I was and moved on. No one else said anything. I felt uncomfortable and weird.

Actually, one person did say "Well, that's a skinny girl problem."

Thank you, female coworker, for making my weight the focus of the conversation even for a short time. 

Now I just feel bad again for not gaining. Today I've started replacing most my beverages from water or zero calorie options to milk, juice, and a small degree of regular soda. I'm already eating every two hours and still haven't gained since implementing that advice. If this doesn't help, I guess I'll try ensure... but I'm really trying to hold off on that, I've heard ensure is disgusting.

ETA: I've also considered asking my OB to test my thyroid levels at my next appointment. I am starting to worry I have become hyperthyroid. If my OB tells me they are worried about my weight, i'm going to ask for my thyroid hormones to be tested.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

foxslaw said:

foxslaw said:

Yes. I made my mom aware of her parties and drinking but my mom still thinks I should help her out more. There isn't a lot I can do outside of letting her live in my house tent free.
    Eesh. I'm sorry, girl.
  • Options
    foxslaw said:

foxslaw said:

foxslaw said:

Eesh. I'm sorry, girl.
    It happens. As defeated as it sounds, I know my place in the family. I'm the good influence, a provider, a caregiver, a therapist and the one that bails others out. It sucks but my family is learning to rely on me less as I have transitioned into having my own family and finances to worry.
  • Options
    Maple403 said:
    Congrats to all the ladies who had their A/S today! Sounds like good news all around.

Urgh. Weight. I saw some people mention it. Well, today at our Office barbeque, I got my first rude weight inquiry. A female coworker said "You are still really small. How much weight have you gained?" I don't lie well and I'm really non-confrontational, so I answered honestly: "6 pounds. It's less than average and I'm eating extra to try to gain more." The lady just kind of said again how small I was and moved on. No one else said anything. I felt uncomfortable and weird.

Actually, one person did say "Well, that's a skinny girl problem."

Thank you, female coworker, for making my weight the focus of the conversation even for a short time. 

Now I just feel bad again for not gaining. Today I've started replacing most my beverages from water or zero calorie options to milk, juice, and a small degree of regular soda. I'm already eating every two hours and still haven't gained since implementing that advice. If this doesn't help, I guess I'll try ensure... but I'm really trying to hold off on that, I've heard ensure is disgusting.

ETA: I've also considered asking my OB to test my thyroid levels at my next appointment. I am starting to worry I have become hyperthyroid. If my OB tells me they are worried about my weight, i'm going to ask for my thyroid hormones to be tested.

I tried ensure and it did nothing for me to gain weight. I had a coworker say it doesn't look like you need to gain weight when I went to the dietician. When will ppl learn its NEVER ok to comment on weight.
  • Options
    My heart is racing and pounding super hard and I think my cat noticed.  She keeps trying to lay on my shoulders, its kind of sweet.  

So my aunt who I absolutely love wants to throw me a shower for my side of the family.  I am very grateful but I really only want one shower and my MIL and SILs have already started planning one.  Lets face it I have already started feeling really uncomfortable and I don't know how I will feel in a month or 2 so I am having a hard time figuring out how to say no, and I am wondering if it is ok to use the aches and pains excuse.  After all I am already measuring 8 weeks ahead and who knows how I will really feel at that time any ways.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Maple403Maple403 member
    edited September 2014
    @Alygohome - I don't know when people will learn. At the wedding I went to a few weeks ago, people kept saying "Hey, it's good you aren't gaining weight!!" (after, of course, telling me how small I was).

No it is not good! Please don't comment on it! It does NOT make me feel better. I'm sorry your coworker also made a stupid weight-related comment. I kind of think the reason why only 2 of my coworkers (in the group of like 6-7) said anything was because the rest of them knew that weight was not a good topic for pregnant people. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Maple403‌ and @Alygohome‌ talked to my MW about this today. She said that as long as baby is growing ok, not to put extra stress on myself about gaining. Metabolism increases with with pregnancy, so for some women it keeps them from gaining.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    TMI: I go to turn in my 24 hour pee collection in the morning... I feel like there won't be enough pee. I feel like I used to be waterfalls but it's decreased quite a bit... Eek.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So all day today people kept making remarks on how "the secrets out" because I'm showing.
    It would just be nice if people wouldn't have stared everywhere I went at work today. This included a meeting I had at administration.

In good news walmart has halloween baby stuff out! Finally seems like I've been waiting for forever to put out the cute onsies and sleepers. I got two onsies and two sleepers. I do realize I'm not due anywhere near halloween but the clothes are adorable and I don't see an issue as long as its nothing with a jack-o-lantern.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Alygohome said:

Met with a dietician today on my doctors referral. her advise--eat more. Really? THANKS LADY. Glad our taxes are going to such great healthcare programs. Also I need to gain at LEAST 15-20 lbs before 40 weeks. Ya, if I haven't gained a pound in the first 22 weeks I highly doubt I will hit 20. But thanks for making me feel shitty about my weight again. (I am so hormonal today!)

I'm in this boat too. My OB looks at me like I'm trying not to gain weight back from first tri. I can't even look at her or the scale during appointments because I feel like I've done something wrong. Ugh. Moral of the story I'm cyber hugging you right now :) all that matters is that baby is healthy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    @HailsMom‌ Thanks for the reassurance, I will try to stress less. I weighed 0.5 more this morning- might not be anything real but I'll take it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Maple403 Try not to weigh yourself every day.  I wouldn't even weigh yourself at all - just see what happens when you go in for your appointments. Worrying about it on a daily basis is just going to cause more anxiety for you and could even be contributing to your slow gain.

And for the ladies who complain about people talking about how little/no weight gain they have, it's worrisome on both sides of that scale. It's just as hard to worry that you are gaining too little as it is to gain too much. Please don't assume women who mention they aren't gaining are just trying to brag.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    kefttsckefttsc member
    edited October 2014

MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @lizjennings81 I am having a girl.  DC girls unite! 
    How funny! 2 girls here and in DC area too!
    How did I not know you were in DC?

So that's six girls in DC that I count so far. Willa claims goaltender!
    :) I am in Alexandria, VA. I work in Old Town. ETA: I love the name Willa!
    In the DC area as well and having a girl! With 8 we could definitely have a few subs for our hockey team. Willa better be the best skater if she's going to be goalie. We don't want a sieve. ;) 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    RedGiant said:
    @lizjennings81 I am having a girl.  DC girls unite! 
    How funny! 2 girls here and in DC area too!
    How did I not know you were in DC?

So that's six girls in DC that I count so far. Willa claims goaltender!
    :) I am in Alexandria, VA. I work in Old Town. ETA: I love the name Willa!
    In the DC area as well and having a girl! With 8 we could definitely have a few subs for our hockey team. Willa better be the best skater if she's going to be goalie. We don't want a sieve. ;) 
    Not only will she be a good skater, but she'll be ruthless. Like Lisa Simpson when she took up goaltending in pee-wee hockey.

Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"