January 2015 Moms

and baby stargirlb #3 has a name :D

Re: and baby stargirlb #3 has a name :D

• Putting the word transgendered in quotations like that is totally offensive. WTF. 
    Is anyone surprised? 
    Not surprised, just offended. 
    Yeah- that's nothing new either. It likely won't be the last time. 
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Loading the player...
  • all I can think of is that song "Mommy Complex" by Peaches.
    So fitting on so many levels ;)

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • @stargirlb Talk to me about your progression of name choices for your kiddos. Has your taste in names changed over the years, or would you have named your oldest daughter something similar to Peaches if your ex had been on board?
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I'm not getting into my view on being or wanting to be transgendered. It was in quotes because he hasn't had any procedures done yet, but does consider himself a girl. To me that's not fully transgendered thus the quotes. 
  • While breastfeeding in public doesn't make you a stripper, I'm sure they'd be less opposed to having done so than someone who has more respect for their body and covers up in public
  • While breastfeeding in public doesn't make you a stripper, I'm sure they'd be less opposed to having done so than someone who has more respect for their body and covers up in public
    wut. derp derp.
  • Stargirlb said:
    I'm not getting into my view on being or wanting to be transgendered. It was in quotes because he hasn't had any procedures done yet, but does consider himself a girl. To me that's not fully transgendered thus the quotes. 
    please educate yourself. 
    All I need to know is it's wrong, but all I can do is pray for their poor souls
  • Stargirlb said:
    I'm not getting into my view on being or wanting to be transgendered. It was in quotes because he hasn't had any procedures done yet, but does consider himself a girl. To me that's not fully transgendered thus the quotes. 
    please educate yourself. 
    All I need to know is it's wrong, but all I can do is pray for their poor souls
    -----------quote fail---------- Aggiemom bingo! I was in the middle of responding that admitting ignorance is marginally better than admitting hate but then, BAM! She pulls out the hate card AND the prayer card! Seriously though, someone make a bingo card...
    It's not hate. He's still my good friend. I just don't agree with his life style
  • Ah and then she calls being transgendered a lifestyle. Agh.
  • well, this discussion turned...predictable.  lol.  at least as soon as the quotations appeared around the word "transgendered".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Oh geez. It's people like you, @AggieMom0809‌, who give Christians a bad reputation sometimes as being self righteous condescending narrow minded bigots. Are you part of Westboro Baptist, by any chance? Because it would simplify my life if I could separate all bigots into one group, away from genuinely good and loving people of faith. Reminds me of the beyotch who told me I needed to "make better choices" and informed me that "that baby needs a father" when I dared to buy groceries without a wedding ring on while flaunting a baby bump. I am sure she thought she was speaking from a godly place as well.
    Nope, Roman Catholic. I am not a "self righteous condescending narrow minded bigot". I am not perfect by any means, but that doesn't mean I have condone others wrong behaviors. 

I don't wear a wedding ring either. My set hasn't fit since I was pregnant with my first. 
  • I'm not getting into my view on being or wanting to be transgendered. It was in quotes because he hasn't had any procedures done yet, but does consider himself a girl. To me that's not fully transgendered thus the quotes. 
    If she considers herself female, you're using the wrong pronoun and it's incredibly disrespectful.
    If the genetic makeup hasn't changed, he's still a he.
  • Aw :)  My mom's name was Peach (not her given name, but was called Peach from birth). Although this baby's name won't be Peach, that's likely what we'll call her, so needless to say, I love it :) Her nursery is Peachy as well....peach colors and art

Pope Francis called for a continuation of BXVI's call to new evangelization and to use the internet if possible, but really, inflammatory statements will NOT change anyone's mind, especially on the internet.

And, while a sound argument can be made that Catholics are the nomination and most others claiming Christian roots are the denominations, it really grinds my gears when people say "Actually, I'm Catholic" like it's a whole different horse.  Theologically, it shouldn't be.  Basic Catholic theology IS the Apostles' Creed (although in Mass, Catholics use the Nicene from Council of Trent in the 300s), which is pretty much universal to those calling themselves Christian.  While some argue that in their spiritual lives other precepts of the Catholic Church are necessary for them to live their faith, the basic Trinity doctrine, divinity of Jesus Christ, and the 2 greatest commandments stated by Jesus in the New Testament are all that is required.  Loving your neighbor as yourself doesn't mean spouting morality lessons across the internet.  It's eating with the "tax collectors and prostitutes" and helping them improve their physical and spiritual well being and relationships through friendship first and guidance secondly.  No one will want to imitate what you see as right if you don't try to love them and view things from their level first, then second, then third...  It's probably one of the reasons Gandhi has a quote to the effect that he loves the Christian Christ, but Christ is so much unlike the Christians.

Completely off topic, sorry, but the Catholic and religion enthusiast (almost major but the Hinduism class was never at a time that didn't conflict with my actual major and I didn't want to do the thesis lol) in me is apparently in a flight or fight mode...  Sooooo off topic religion rant that is, apparently in my nature, long winded.  *runs for cover after that grenade was thrown* lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • misslizzy82misslizzy82 member
    edited October 2014
    Oh geez. It's people like you, @AggieMom0809‌, who give Christians a bad reputation sometimes as being self righteous condescending narrow minded bigots. Are you part of Westboro Baptist, by any chance? Because it would simplify my life if I could separate all bigots into one group, away from genuinely good and loving people of faith. Reminds me of the beyotch who told me I needed to "make better choices" and informed me that "that baby needs a father" when I dared to buy groceries without a wedding ring on while flaunting a baby bump. I am sure she thought she was speaking from a godly place as well.
    Nope, Roman Catholic. I am not a "self righteous condescending narrow minded bigot". I am not perfect by any means, but that doesn't mean I have condone others wrong behaviors. 

I don't wear a wedding ring either. My set hasn't fit since I was pregnant with my first. 

You sound like my father... that's not a good thing... 

He told me he

A) wouldn't come to my wedding because it wasn't in the church (he ended up coming)

B) told me he wouldn't walk me down the isle because he couldn't give me away to live in sin (thankfully he agreed to let my mom walk me down the isle) 

C) wouldn't dance at my wedding because it wasn't a celebration (he did dance to one song but I think my family made him feel bad like they should have).  He's  a condescending hypocrite hiding behind his faith. 

All his "faith" thaught me was that I wanted NOTHING to do with the RC church.  I love God and pray to Him/Her often but will never see myself within an organized religion ever again.  I'm not saying all RC's are bad... my mom and aunts were nuns and they're AMAZING women who taught me that not all faith is hateful and I thank them for that.  Just be aware that how you SHOW your faith is MUCH more important than what you TEACH about your faith.  It makes a much bigger impression! 

Edit because paragraphs are easier to read :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• I say do what makes you happy! Name your children what you want, listen to what you want, be who u are, worship who you want providing everyone follows the only rule there should be... As long as you are harming (judging) no one.... Just be happy and accepting of who people are and congrats in finalizing a name Star
  • Okay, I'm so confused.  I clicked on the link provided in the thread which brought me to a different thread about someone naming their daughter Peaches by a different poster.  Every single poster in that entire thread asked her not to do it and seemed very level headed with their responses.  Then there's this thread where everyone is acting like it's the best name they've ever heard.

Is this a joke?  I'm genuinely confused.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"