Stay at Home Moms

Favorite boys shoe?

I'm over stride rite. DS's sneakers have holes...the 2nd pair in the last year that fell apart within 6 months. Their quality has gone downhill. I'm looking for both a sneaker and a casual shoe that's not a sneaker (like a boat shoe?) that he can wear with nice outfits

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Favorite boys shoe?

• I like Clarks for casual dress shoes. The quality is great and you can usually catch a sale, though they are expensive full prize.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Keen, Merrells and sperry's
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a toms fan for boys or girls.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My son has one pair from target. He loves them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • See Kai Run if he has wide feet like my kids.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• I love DC kids shoes. I get them on 6 PM.com they're great for wide feet and last forever
  • I buy C9 at Target. They are comparitively cheap and they hold up to DS's abuse.

• I've only ever had my 3yr boy in Tsukihoski's and See Kai Run's because they are excellent quality, fit his extremely wide foot perfectly, and are frequently on sale on their retailers site and Zulily. :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• So no matter how quality of a shoe it's only going to last about 6 months? I'm asking honestly, not snarky. These last 2 pair are the first ones that fell apart well before they were outgrown so I'm surprised

• That's not MY personal experience. Nolan has NEVER outgrown a shoe within a single year - we purchase the next size up every year, thus far - and Emily has only ever outgrown a size within a year once. She literally flew past size 12 and went from an 11 to a 13. :)

• mandymack said:
    I've only ever had my 3yr boy in Tsukihoski's and See Kai Run's because they are excellent quality, fit his extremely wide foot perfectly, and are frequently on sale on their retailers site and Zulily. :)
    Thanks! @mandymack, I knew I had the spelling way off. Their shoes are amazing!
    Oh, haha I didn't even see you up there - I scrolled through too fast ;) Glad I could help.

• https://m.kohls.com/kohlsopenapi/productmobile.html?productID=1697688

Ds has had these in a ton of different sizes. They are the only shoes that still look good after a couple of months of wear. They are super light and flexiable too. He is also currently obessed with a pair of spiderman shoes from payless that have held up well.
    I agree boys are really hard on shoes.
  • We've also had good luck with new balance, Nike & converse. My son is super tough & he always out grows them before they get too rough looking. But as for any other kind of shoe we usually get from target like mentioned because he doesn't wear those as much as his Nike's usually
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The last pair I bought DS1 was sketchers from Costco. He's super hard on shoes and they are just starting to look worn at 9 months of wearing them daily.  And for 19.99 they're cheaper and lasted longer than the target shoes I bought him before.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 6 months is the outer limit of DS being in any one shoe size. At just over 3.5 he's wearing size 12 without socks and 13 with socks.  I don't spend a lot on each pair of shoes for that reason, but I find even inexpensive shoes from Kohl's or Target last long enough for him.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS wears Nike or New Balance for sneakers. He usually outgrows them before they are torn up. For a dressier shoe we don't but a specific brand but he only wears them on Sunday for church and an occasional dressier event.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I like pedipeds. They last and are easy to put on and take off. I've bought the same style in numerous sizes. They are still in good shape to pass down as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Huh. I guess DS's feet grow slowly. He can get about a year out of each shoe before it's outgrown.

• Tsukihoshi.  They are comfortable and made well.  But mostly I like that they are made to toss in the washing machine.  If something is coming up where my boys dress up, into the washer they go. Come out looking like new shoes.  Easy to get onto little feet too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"