January 2013 Moms
Options

Picky eaters, come on in

So DD is still a horribly picky eater. Anyone else still dealing with this? Would love any tips or food ideas that have worked for you!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Picky eaters, come on in

• Options
    OMG, yes. Girlfriend still won't even taste most things, hates PASTA (she's broken, lol), and between her pickiness and her food allergies I am losing my mind. And then DH is always commenting on her eating habits (he's rarely around when she's awake and never does any parenting...like, I have to BEG him to take her for an hour or two on the weekend), and I'm at my wits' end.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant but uh...you're not alone, lol. I just give her whatever we're having and something I know she likes. That way she's at least eating something and I'm offering new things. Woo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I so the same as @martha919‌. I give him what we're eating but supplement with fruit/yogurt. His new obsession is cottage cheese - so random! I eat it bc of my diet but he loves it. My go to's are chicken, any fruit, yogurt (I freeze gogurts and give him 1/2 at the end of the meal as a 'treat'), beans (he loves cannelini and black beans), waffles or pops cereal for breakfast, and his first love, pizza. I'll be honest, though - he's getting better slowly. I find if I don't offer his favorites he will at least attempt eating what I give him, even if he spits it out he'll take some bites. So I still give him the fruit, etc, but make him try our dinner first.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD's been crazy difficult lately & it's hard because she used to be so easy!

She'll maybe try 2 bites and then nothing. DD goes to bed pretty early still so we were feeding her early and then DH & I ate alone after she went to sleep but last night we decided we'll all start eating together at 6 PM. I'm hoping maybe she'll get a little better if she's eating with us :/

She pretty much won't eat anything that isn't sweet [fruit/peanut butter/bread]
  • Options
    I really struggle to get DS to eat any protein. When all else fails he will always eat yogurt or peanut butter. DH goes crazy because DS will LOVE a meal one day, and refuse to touch it the next. Breakfast is easy. He loves oatmeal, toast with peanut butter, Cheerios with berries thrown in, pancakes, waffles or French toast (won't touch an egg with a ten foot pole). Lunch and dinner are always a struggle.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    DS used to eat pretty much anything, now is Mr. Picky Eater. Things he'll consistently eat: scrambled eggs, string cheese, mandarin oranges, yogurt, pouches, fruit smoothies (so breakfast and snacks are usually ok). Lunch and dinner suck though. Sometimes we can get some chicken in him, but if there's a sauce on it, forget it. Beef used to be his favorite, but now suddenly makes him angry. He loves salmon but that's a bit expensive for two meals a day, every day. Hoping all of this pickiness is a phase, connected to the toddler growing desire to control anything that they can, but sheesh!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We bribe with pretzels.  Flame away, I don't care, it gets him to try to food and actually eat it.  If he wants a pretzel, he has to take a bite.  Small bite does not get a pretzel, has to be a big bite.  He ate his entire portion of pork tenderloin last night with the help of pretzels.

That being said, we aren't yet pushing veggies as we are working on protein since he can get veggies in a pouch.

I got tired of being stressed about his eating habits, so I am being the parent I swore I never would be and he gets hot dogs a lot or mac and cheese.  (Even then, he will only horizon boxed organic…)
    We did BLW and still got a super picky eater.  Over it, just want him to get the calories.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Options
    Madison's diet consists of Nurti-Grain bars, bananas, pasta, lasagna, eggs, graham crackers, yogurt, cheese, mac and cheese, chicken quesadillas and anything in a pouch. So there are no veggies in that mix unless I can sneak them in her pasta sauce or her quesadilla. But she always finds them and picks them out. So I went on Pinterest and found a recipe for Zucchini Carrot Apple muffins. M eats them up!!!!! She always asks for more and that is a big deal to me! I am always upset she never eats right, so this makes me feel a bit better about her veggie and fruit intake. 
    I am happy to see that other kids are going through this picky stage too. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one with a fussy eater. 
    Married My Best Friend 5/21/2010
    Madison Paige arrived 1/8/2013

• Options
    Ugh.  DS has always been picky but he gets very picky when he is teething and right now he has 6 teeth popping through so he basically just wants milk and nothing else.  My DH is a picky eater too and this week I have been very frustrated because I made meals that I thought both would like but neither have been willing to eat this week.  I'm a great cook, too!  Last night we had butternut squash mac&cheese + baked parmesan pork chops + steamed broccoli (though DS has never eaten in-tact broccoli) and NEITHER of them touched a single bite even though it was delicious so I like to blame it on DH for being a bad role model.  But seriously, DS goes through phases where he will eat anything and phases when he only wants milk.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"