TTC after 35
Options

temping questions

I may have a stupid question about temping, but I'm new to it.  Do most people fall within a certain range for their resting temperature?  From other charts that have been posted, it seems a lot of people are around the 97ish range before ovulation.  All of my temps are around 98.4 resting.  Is it different for everyone or should I be concerned that mine seems a degree higher before ovulation?
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: temping questions

• Options
    I don't think you should be concerned. My pre-O temps are lower than the average and it doesn't seem to be a problem for me. Maybe after you have a couple cycles of charting under your belt it will all make more sense. It's hard to get perspective on your temps until the whole cycle is complete.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't think you should be concerned. My pre-O temps are lower than the average and it doesn't seem to be a problem for me. Maybe after you have a couple cycles of charting under your belt it will all make more sense. It's hard to get perspective on your temps until the whole cycle is complete.
    Agree--everyone is different, and as long as you see a shift, you're good!  Also agree that you'll need to see the whole cycle to get any perspective on them.  I always have a few temperatures in the 96s right after my period, which kind of freaked me out at first, but after a few cycles I figured that it's apparently just something my body does...
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    First time I used FF my temps pre O were 97ish and jumped to 98.  This cycle I was 96ish pre-O and 97 after O.  I also am testing later on this cycle.  I don't think it matters.  You can look at positive pregnancy charts on FF and look at what there temp ranges were.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Thanks for the info, it helps to know your thoughts.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also @greenwl do you happen to temp vaginally?  Many find their temps are more consistent with vaginal temping but a little higher than oral.  So, if the majority of women temp orally but you temp vaginally your temp is going to be a bit higher.  Just another tidbit that may/may not have relevance to you.  I agree w po's, your temp range is what is important, not comparing to others.  Best wishes!
  • Options
    I have heard that a high temps during follicular phase could mean a thyroid issue. Also very low temps like 96.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure there's something in TCOYF that talks about higher and lower temps during the follicular phase.  If I get time later, I'll look it up and report back.
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"