3rd Trimester

Maternity support belt/band?

Hi! I also posted this on my monthly board, which I tend to frequent more often. I have pelvic and sciatic nerve pain, and I'm thinking of getting a maternity support belt. My doctor wrote a script for the prenatal cradle mini, and I know that I can find something like that on amazon. Amazon takes returns if it doesn't fit, and pretty cheap on amazon, too. In my experience, they bill out astonishingly high to the insurance company and then I have to pay a ridiculous copay if I get it at a specialty pharmacy... Something like $50 or $100 for "durable medical equipment"... They do that with prescriptions for Tylenol and Benadryl, too... Charge the insurance company more than it would cost us to just buy the damn bottle... It's a way they make money, according to a pharmacist friend of mine... I think I'm better off just ordering online? Does anyone have one? What brand did you get and did you just buy it or use insurance (assuming you're in the US)? I'm not sure if I should get the small belly band or the one that goes around my shoulders, too. Did it help you with your pain? I'm waiting to hear back from the nurse at my doctors office, but I thought maybe someone on here would have experience, too. Thanks in advance for any help you could provide! My siggy is out of date but I'm 28 weeks pregnant, second baby but 5th if you include losses. But I've only made it this far one time before. It's painful! Thanks again.

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...

Re: Maternity support belt/band?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"