April 2014 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• mamrotu73 said:

I hope the truck that moves all of our stuff gets destroyed somehow and the Navy then has to buy me all new stuff. The new regulations cover full replacement cost, so I would get to go on a massive shopping spree to re-fill an entire house. Everything would look nice together instead of a mismatch collected over the years. Also, instant decluttering. The random stuff that I don't want around but DH thinks there is still a use for (even if he hasn't used in the entire time we lived in this house) would be gone.

All the irreplaceable things are coming with me.
    I secretly wish this each time we move. I won't pay for nice stuff until DH retires from the military.
  • Loading the player...
  • I always thought I wanted daughters but now that I have a son, I'm so glad. I also always thought I wanted two kids and now I'm not sure.

FFFC: my husband is shorter than me and I'm still self conscious about it after being with him for over 7 years.
  • elyse4281 said:

FFFC: my husband is shorter than me and I'm still self conscious about it after being with him for over 7 years.

We're the same height (5'7") and he always gets self conscious if I try to wear heels. Fortunately I dislike heels so it's not often an issue.
  • elyse4281 said:
    I always thought I wanted daughters but now that I have a son, I'm so glad. I also always thought I wanted two kids and now I'm not sure. FFFC: my husband is shorter than me and I'm still self conscious about it after being with him for over 7 years.
    my husband is only two inches taller than i am.. when i wear heels he gets embarrassed so i wear flats more often than not. 
  • @ksulli yeah I am very fortunate. I work 10 minutes from home. Its the only thing that gets me through the day, knowing I get to see DS at lunch.

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• RedBird11 said:

I didn't have one... until now.

I go home from work on my lunch breaks. My MIL stays there with DS. Well, today the timing was good and I was able to nurse DS while I was home, and while he was eating he had a major blowout. It even got on my jeans. So I changed him and cleaned him up, changed my jeans and went back to work. I have been back at work for over an hour now and just noticed I have poop on my shirt. I tried to wash it off in the bathroom just now the best I could. I guess if anyone comments I will just tell them I spilled my lunch.

DD once had a blowout on my lap when I was dropping her off at daycare. I went to work with the full knowledge that I had poop on my pant leg.
  • ^^ I'm still working up the courage to give my number to DD1s BFF from preschool. It's been almost a year.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14

• elyse4281 said:

I always thought I wanted daughters but now that I have a son, I'm so glad. I also always thought I wanted two kids and now I'm not sure.

my husband is only two inches taller than i am.. when i wear heels he gets embarrassed so i wear flats more often than not. 

Yay flats! MH is the opposite. He loves that I'm tall and would have me wearing 5" platform heels if he could. Too bad, dude! I'm the one with the complex :-/
  • AprilMay9 said:

I love when my dd farts. The sound makes me laugh every time. She's so adorable. I just can't handle it.

Now that DS only poops once a week, when it happens we're like YAY! But then there's like 3 diapers and 10 wipes worth so I'm like BOO.
  • I have a hairy German Shepard with tons of energy and a white couch.

I have a white cat who sits on the dark couch or my clean clothes pile...

I have 3 goats as well who need hoof trimming and stall mucking.

I don't have as much time for them but I don't ever wish they were dead even a little bit and I judge you for saying it.
  • I didn't go home yesterday after LO pooped on my shorts.. I went out to lunch instead.
  • elyse4281 said:
    Been with my slightly shorter than me DH for 12 years (as of this coming Sunday!) and I'm still right there with you - photos is where it really gets me  :\">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love my dog and I feel sorry for her.  I think she much preferred her life before kids.  The crying stresses her out and she knows her "position" in the house has changed.   She is my shadow all day long and constantly at my feet when I am up all night with LO - she has also almost tripped us going down the stairs a million times.    I hate knowing that we will lose her some day and that I will have to explain that loss to my girls.

All that being said, once she is gone I will not get another pet for many years. 
  • I judge people based on their eyebrows.

=))
    This is funny and made me realize I do the same thing !
  • I judge people based on their eyebrows.
    I have a funky eyebrow - I guess its inherited because DD1 seems to have gotten it from me and my brother has it too.   One eyebrow is perfectly normal - on the other eye halfway along the hair doesn't grow all nicely shaped anymore - it goes all crazy.    Most people probably don't even notice it but it drives me nuts and it sucks that DD has it too.  She looks almost entirely like her Daddy and the only feature she seems to have gotten from me ( other than her sparkling personality) is that damn eyebrow.
  • I haven't plucked/waxed/threaded or in any other way maintained my eyebrows in 6m+?
  • I'm so ashamed of my middle school eyebrows! But now they're fantastic, I must say and I just did.
  • I haven't plucked/waxed/threaded or in any other way maintained my eyebrows in 6m+?
    I haven't plucked/waxed/threaded or in any other way maintained my eyebrows in 10y+. 

Only got them plucked once ever in my life, part of a facial I had. The most pain I have experienced in my life - even after a c-section. Yeah it looked nice but I have pretty fair eyebrows anyway so meh, not bothered.

I applaud anyone who can be bothered maintaining them, I do not care enough to bother.
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"