May 2013 Moms

overnight diapers for super-heavy soaker?

Hi all - I haven't posted in quite a while, but need some advice. LO is SOAKING through his diapers at night. We had issues months and months ago, and started using Pampers overnights... those weren't enough, so we added a diaper booster pad at night (thanks to the suggestion of someone here :) ) - that worked for a few months, then he started leaking again. He just pees to (and beyond) the diaper's (and pad's) capacity - it doesn't seem to be a diaper fit issue, really. He's a belly sleeper, so that doesn't help, I know - but I need to find a solution. I've also tried going up a size and that worked for a bit, then not. For reference, we use use Kirkland (size 5) during the day with no issues whatsoever (knock on wood). We've tried Pampers overnights, Luvs (at the suggestion of a friend who said it was the only thing that worked at night for her) and Huggies overnights (but it's been a while.) We've tried them with and without the pad. He's a big kid, but has lost some of his pudge/roundness over the last few months but he's about 32" and 30 lbs if that makes a difference.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: overnight diapers for super-heavy soaker?

• We were having the same issue too for the longest time..we went up a size in the pampers overnights we are on size 5 now and then we dropped out the milk before bed and it got much better..he just does milk at dinner now and it seems to be back to normal.  Is your LO still drinking a lot before bed? Only thing I can think of. 
  • He does... usually water at dinner and milk at bedtime. I might try to start trying to drop that, but I think it's going to be tough. It's definitely part of his bedtime routine.

• Loading the player...
  • I would try switching the water at dinner with milk..this is what we did.  We then would still offer some milk before bed...Then he gradually didnt want anything before bed..he kinda dropped it himself. I was surprised how he just started to not want it.  Its worth a try? Good luck!
  • I might try Huggies. It can't hurt. I figured I'd do Luvs first since they have a money-back guarantee. Either that, or I'll just let him sleep in the bath tub ;-)
  • We had this problem about a month or 2 ago. I dropped the night time bottle cold turkey because I thought it was the culprit (it wasn't).

What's been working for us is Huggies overnight in the next size up. During the day he's in 4's and at night 5's. The top of that diaper seems to absorb a TON of urine... So it's not leaking out.

LO gets a sippy with a few ounces of milk about 20 mins before bed.
  • Once C dropped his nighttime bottle he stopped soaking his diaper. I'm sure when the time comes this problem will resolve:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hope so. I also just bought the liners again in hopes that I can figure out a way to get that to work. Some of the reviews talked about folding them over in front for belly-sleeping boys... so it seems to be a common issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"