April 2014 Moms
Options

UO

It's Thursday, I have a sleeping child in my lap and no UO to read?!? Let's go ladies!!

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Stop bringing your damn kids to fancy restaurants and late night movies. There are times and places for a child and a 7 o'clock $80 dinner is not one of them. (And weddings too as far as I'm concerned but whatever.)

I went to a 9:30pm showing of a Harry Potter movie, and this elderly couple in line with us brought their two grand kids, both under the age of 4. They asked us what the movie was about after they had purchased tickets! Of course the younger one started screaming two minutes in and they ended up leaving. What were they thinking???
  • Options
    I hate poutine.
  • Options

I hate poutine.

You better not be Canadian, that's the fastest way to get your citizenship revoked
    I am. And I've tried good Québécois poutine. I get a lot of "what's wrong with you!?" from my friends!
  • Options
    Consider my citizenship revoked.  It's not the taste of it, but the look.  I will eat it if it's made with Swiss Chalet sauce though instead of gravy.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never would have started this thread if I knew there was going to be a poutine beat down - that's blasphemy! I wouldn't have survived my pregnancies without poutine!! No white gravy on it though - that's just wrong.
  • Options
    Stop bringing your damn kids to fancy restaurants and late night movies. There are times and places for a child and a 7 o'clock $80 dinner is not one of them. (And weddings too as far as I'm concerned but whatever.)
    The only time I find kids at fancy restaurants acceptable is if it's a holiday/family celebration. We'll be bringing LO to a fancy restaurant for my mom's birthday (also Christmas Eve) but, along with what @elyse4281 said, you can be damned sure I will be teaching that child to behave, and if inappropriate behavior occurs, I will happily walk my child out of the restaurant to make sure an understanding is reached.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AndrewsgalAndrewsgal member
    edited September 2014
    elyse4281 said:
    Yes! And if I may piggyback on your comment: When eating out, how about interacting with your children and teaching them how to behave in a restaurant rather than plugging them into the latest electronic device!!

Eh you can do both. The other day we waited over 30 minutes for our food at a family chain restaurant I was pulling my hair out as an adult. You can bet your ass I let my kids play on electronic devices. My UO I would rather see kind on electronic devises than being obnoxious and interrupting my meal.

I'm dying. =))

Your dying because my 5 and 8 year old can play with my phone . Pretty sure I never claimed otherwise. Not talking my 5 month old yet.
  • Options

I don't think it's anybody's business if my kid is using an iPad at the table. Butt out. I interact with me kid like 23 hours a day and if I want some peace and quiet at a restaurant to talk to my husband for once it's nunya business.

Thiiiisssssss.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said, "my kid won't do that" and I get that it was probably implied. If you choose to use an electronic device with your kids, that's fine. I've been to restaurants and observed device use for the entirety of the ordering/waiting/meal/paying. It just makes me sad.
  • Options
    I can't stand the majority of Beyonce's new music (i.e. "Drunk in Love", etc.) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    How can you guys not love Beyoncé?!?!?!? X_X
  • Options

I love all things Pumpkin- coffee, beer, pumpkin bread....if it's pumpkin flavored, I will buy it!!

Ditto!

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Options
    hvmom2b said:

I don't get what the hype is with Nutella? Not a fan.

Same. I don't like peanuts or any kind of tree nuts though, so that's probably why I dislike it.

• Options
    RrrrrachelRrrrrachel member
    edited September 2014
    Psst, @elyse4281‌ maybe if you looked at my comment and thought "that's not what I said" it's because it wasn't about you.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Psst, @elyse4281‌ maybe if you looked at my comment and thought "that's not what I said" it's because it wasn't about you.

Ok. No hard feelings.
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:

Pumpkin is delicious. 

I took dried pumpkin (like homemade pumpkin fruit roll up) to the filming of Angels in the Outfield. I won a watch because the pumpkin was awesome than any other of the extras' foods. Yeah. That happened. I was like 6. 
    You were an extra in Angels In the Outfield??? I love that movie! Jealous.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"