September 2014 Moms
Options

MOTN Check-In

Re: MOTN Check-In

• Options
    2nd motn feeding. He has been eating so much the past two days, I am exhausted. I want my sleepy baby back. I feel like a train wreck.
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Only a half hour worth of broken sleep and its 3am. I'm pretty sure I've cried more from exhaustion than the amount of sleep I've been able to get in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is sleeping on my chest right now, and we are watching tonight's episode of The Voice (we recorded it).  He hasn't slept more than 10 minutes anywhere other than my arms this evening.  Hopefully this doesn't continue the rest of the night.    

I have my PP 2-hour GTT tomorrow morning, and the last time I attempted a glucose test on minimal sleep it didn't end well.  At least I can just go to the clinic here on base instead of going to the hospital to get it done.  And I'll be able to check my results online in the next couple of days instead of waiting for the office to call me.  
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This has been the longest motn routine ever here. Usually it's a fairly straight forward feed, change, swaddle, feed, bed for the boy. Not tonight. He had his first bottle of pumped BM and it was clearly so much easier to eat that way. So he did not want to cooperate when trying to bf him. I did not give in. He was happy with his pacifier until he finally decided bf wasn't as rough as he thought.

Mom for the win!

Then I nearly got pooped on while changing him, he got new clothes and he wanted to be rocked and held for a long time before I could put him back in his bed. I was ok with that part. He's sound asleep now and dd2 has made her way into my bed. It's time for me to sleep again before it's time to get the big kids up for school in and hour. I may have a nap in my schedule today.
  • Options
    str13str13 member
    edited September 2014
    I didn't get to check in at all because every time I tried to read what y'all were writing my eyes would cross! Soo... Tired...
    Also everyone keeps saying LOs hair is going to fall out. But DD1s didn't fall out. Sometimes I hate people. Maybe I should be a hermit.
    Did your LOs hair fall out? Have you ever heard this?
  • Options
    @str13‌ babies hair always falls out but you might not notice bc it's super super fine and tiny. It's just the baby hair and you will probably never even see it. DDs fell out and the only reason I saw it was bc it was on her boppy and I had a light pink and white cover on it and her hair was so dark. It didn't happen until about 3/4 months.
  • Options
    @str13‌ dd1's hair fell out and she was bald as a cue ball. Dd2 kept hers. I made a little pic of them both at 5 months - dd1 has no hair, dd2 has little pigtails lol
    image        image
  • Options
    str13 said:
    I didn't get to check in at all because every time I tried to read what y'all were writing my eyes would cross! Soo... Tired... Also everyone keeps saying LOs hair is going to fall out. But DD1s didn't fall out. Sometimes I hate people. Maybe I should be a hermit. Did your LOs hair fall out? Have you ever heard this?
    DD1 lost all the hair she had at birth.  It was dark and she's a blonde now.  It happened like male-pattern baldness.  She was totally bald on top and still had this sad little ring of hair around her head.  She looked just like a little old man for awhile.  Her hair still isn't long enough for pigtails at almost two years old!
  • Options
    Well LO slept in her crib from 8:30 to 10pm which was the first time since she was 4 days old and she is now 1 month old. I keep trying to put her back down but she is not having any of it. I also have no more swaddle blankets clean she has peed, pooped, or spit up on all of them today...

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• Options
    Gassy baby + not enough naps today = disaaaaaaaaster.

imageimage

• Options
    Midnight here. DS lasted until 11:30 but only because I kept falling asleep before taking him out of the RnP! But he wasn't screaming so that's a plus. Now just waiting for him to finish. Hoping he sleeps until at least 3:30-4.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Options
    Dd is cluster feeding right now. She only likes the left side. Does anyone else's LO have a favorite side?

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Options
    So happy!! LO slept from just before 9pm to midnight! This is good because he has been coming down with a cold (very congested and fussy), and has only been sleeping for 2 hours at a time. Maybe this means he is getting better? :) FX!!
  • Options
    @PumpkinNHunny‌ good luck on your weight check tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Well DD has been cluster feeding every hour for the past 6 hours.... Let's hope this time I can get her to sleep for good! I can't stay awake anymore...
  • Options
    Just pumped and only got an ounce. I'm feeling so discouraged. LO was eating for almost 2 hours and my poor boobs couldn't take it anymore so I gave in and gave him a bottle of pumped milk. I feel like I will never get a stash at this rate, and every time I feel like I have a hold on it, I have another setback. So tired!
  • Options
    @PumpkinNHunny GL tomorrow at your weight check! :)
    @braybee I'm sorry! :) ((big hugs)) I hope it gets easier.
  • Options
    @mcstrepp my LO prefers the right. He just does better with it.

LO did not fall asleep at all b/n this feeding and last. But I would attach him and he'd pop off. It makes me so frustrated. Then I feel bad for getting frustrated. Today was a LONG day and I just want sleep.
    REVENGE!

• Options
    Thank goodness my LO seems to be getting back to normal. After 4+ nights of extra feedings, DS slept from 9-2. 1 month today and I am dreading his checkup today. Shots suck.
  • Options
    LO keeps falling asleep on nip, I think she's done, but she cries when I unlatch her. Gonna be a long night.

• Options
    Lo slept for 6 hours :-O but we've been up for 2 hours feeding and working on a poopy. All the while, the wifi not working. Now it's working, babe is in the pnp. Fingers crossed she stays asleep.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

@kelbel716‌ I do this at least once a night, even though I don't nurse at night (LO is refusing to latch and both he and I get frustrated so it's just easier to give him some milk from pumping).

DH was trying to be helpful earlier by feeding LO but spilled like 2oz of my milk on the floor. Screw whoever said, "there's no use crying over spilt milk"... They obviously never spent hours each day at a breast pump to feed their child.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    Why am I awake? DS is sleeping, SO is up and doesn't work tomorrow/today. But here I am at 2:30am. Awake from our 12:30 feeding still. I will regret this soon.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Options
    omg @crystalangel79‌ best news ever :) I'm so happy for you!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    @crystalangel79‌ I am so happy for you! That is amazing news <3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @crystalangel79 oh my goodness!!! That's so wonderful!!! I'm so freaking happy for y'all! So I can only imagine how happy you are!!! Lol
  • Options
    @crystalangel79‌ wonderful news!!!

On
    REVENGE!

• Options
    Great to hear such wonderful news @crystalangel79‌! I'm so happy for you!
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @crystalangel79‌ I am SO happy for you!! That is awesome news! I will continue to keep you all in our prayers!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It's 4:15....I am now wide awake after feeding LO at 3:15. Watching an SVU marathon and aggravated as I listen to DH snoring next to me. We bottle feed so we have a whole cooler set up with 8oz ready to feed bottles that we crack and use 4 oz of for night feedings. The remaining 4 oz get put in cooler with ice to hold over to next day. Helps us not have to heat bottles in MOTN.

Well....DH is supposed to put ice in cooler and bring up 3 ready to feeds when he comes up at night (after playing video games while I put DS1 down). So I wake with LO at 3:15 to find no cooler and no bottles.....SOOOO frustrating! Add that to the fact that he should be the one taking care of LO while I out the big guy to bed but for the last 3 nights he's handed him off to Grandma while he goes downstairs for some "downtime"....ie video game time.

Where is my downtime? And now he will wonder while I'm annoyed in the morning.

On a positive note.....DS1 slept through the night for the 2nd night in a row! A miracle for us!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @crystalangel79‌ That is so exciting! I can't even begin to imagine just how excited you and your husband must be! I'm excited for you! It's so close to her being in her home!

It's 1:30ish here and this is 1st motn feeding here. I woke up to ds2 wiggling and waking up so I went to the bathroom quickly, came out and found dd2 hanging on the side of the bassinet giving baby brother his bink. Now he's awake, she's awake, and I mean she is AWAKE. luckily dh is trying to keep her out in the living room because she's like a little tornado lately sweeping through the house.

I just want to sleep but the tiny one needs to finish bfing or he will be up again soon.
  • Options
    @crystalangel79‌ I am so excited for you! That's the best update so far I can't even imagine how happy you are to be taking Madeline home so soon!

B was up at 12:30 for his normal feed and he didn't make it to four. My eyes are burning from me holding them open. Yea it's almost four but I could have used those last 15 minutes.
  • Options
    That's awesome @crystalangel79‌!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• Options

Today was such a long day. Good news is we are supposed to go HOME at the end of the week!! Woot woot! Im so excited to get to have my baby girl with me all the time.

No one thought she would come home before 3 months. We didnt know if we'd bring home a 3 month old, a 6 month old or if we would even bring a baby home at all so "nesting" looked very different before baby was born. We were told by experts not to even buy a carseat so we just got that and have to install it tomorrow. We have hardly any 0-3 month clothes so I did some shopping today. I came home tonight (looove being here!). Tomorrow is trying to do as much washing as I can in one day lol... And in home oxygen training. So just a mad rush to get ready but so excited! It's midnight here and know I need to sleep but Im just so excited and my brain is in overdrive.

So excited for you @crystalangel79‌
    BabyFruit Ticker  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"