Dads & Dads-to-be

It's a TRAP!!???

My wife is falling asleep nearly every night around 9.  She gets a bunch of things done before then (folding laundry, etc) but pretty much at 9 she's a pumpkin.  She is also nearly always apologizing for passing out and not "finishing things."  Except that to me, its no big deal.  I get done what I can at night, finish the rest in the AM and we are good to go. 

SOOOO she tells me today, after passing out last night, that I should have woken her up to finish the laundry, feed the cat, etc etc. 

I SAY ITS A TRAP!!  (Star Wars fans anyone?)  :)

I am not going to wake up my DW to do things that I am capable of doing.  She is making a human, I can't do that!  I'd LOVE to be able to do that, how amazing would that be?!?!? And I'd be filthy rich, but that is a side-note.

Re: It's a TRAP!!???

• I would just finish up what you could to help her out and let her sleep.  MW must be starting to get into the nesting mode since she cleaned up a good portion of the house this weekend including our son's room.

But you are correct, it is a trap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Tough one. I feel like if I was in that situation I would have tried to nudge in. If I couldn't get in without having to deliberately wake her up I might have done the same as you. Lots of factors go into that one though. Couch comfort, my current tiredness, time of night, bed size, how big was the sprawl, current snoring status...

• TJr42Poppa.  We got a new bed the other night. We had been planning for a while and WOW that was a good choice.  We made the bed and I "closed up shop" and came back to bed to a sprawled sleeping DW, and dog.  I folded my have of the sheets over her and sat back to read and relax.  About 40 min later I decided to turn off the light and sleep, forgetting my DW was laying on top of her half the sheets and wrapped in mine like a taco.  LOL

I bit the bullet and woke her up (she prompted went to the bathroom) and "fixed" the sheets.  She came back and all was good in the parents bed.

I think I would nudge around the bed to get in and sleep.  Our couch is comfortable, but I sleep so much more soundly in my bed with my DW.    

• Should finish for her and tell her she did it lol. Only problem is if she believes you then you'll be in trouble for not doing anything to help
  • LOL...no gaslighting the Pregnant!!  :)
  • Women suck. period. We're emotional and quick to speak... even when we're wrong. I feel bad for my hubby sometimes. but lately i just tell him, i am NOT doing the dishes, or whatever, GOOD NIGHT!

you guys are very sweet and understanding and it was nice to read that. Thank you.  :):):)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"