TTC After a Loss

*~*~*Ladies in Waiting*~*~*

BookishMommaBookishMomma member
edited September 2014 in TTC After a Loss
Hi lovelies! I'm posting this a day late because I'm a bonehead and got into a car accident in the grocery store parking lot yesterday. As in, I hit a parked car pretty hard. No one was hurt, thank goodness, but both cars had some significant damage so I've been dealing with insurance claims, accident report, etc. Ugh. Anyway...

Welcome to Ladies In Waiting. This is a group designed for all the ladies in the various stages of waiting after a loss: waiting to miscarry, waiting for AF to arrive, waiting to TTC again, and waiting for a BFP. Since this process is such a true test in patience, it is nice to have the support and friendship of other women going through similar experiences and emotions. 

-Check in is every Wednesday- New members: Post an intro and your current TTC status. - Current members: Post updates, link to your chart, upcoming appointments, requests for T&Ps. - Weekly check-in's will include an inspirational quote.

Please do not worry if your name is not on the check in, I only put those that participated in the previous check in. Please make sure that if you get a BFP to PM me. I try to check PGAL, but sometimes I may miss it. 

I look forward to getting to know you! 

Love, BookishMomma

Quote/inspiration of the week:

@ctk181 did you make a decision on setting up an appointment with a new doctor?
paintdadanta has AF arrived yet? What's the status on burning the bench? I hope it's soon!
amybunny30 Big temp jump for you today. Any possibility it's O time or still too early maybe?
creechmommy how you doing, hon? Any sign of O?
natalie115 Just chart stalked you. Looks like the confusion continues. I'm so sorry this cycle has been so dragged out. Hope you start a new one soon or get some clarity!
mrsphd83 Looks like you decided to go for it this cycle? FX!
ldubhawksfan did you end up getting a +OPK yet?
uromys Any update on your situation? I'm so sorry you're dealing with retained tissue. ((hugs))
lyndz333 looks like AF arrived! Are you cleared to TTC this cycle or do you still have to wait?
sunshineshades how are you doing?
@rubysi How did your HSG go?
@denamaree how are you feeling with the Clomid this cycle?
@Pickles4prez are you in the 2WW?
@nocompass has AF showed up yet for you?
@matiekae how's temping going for you?
@artgeek009 how is it going with the new meds? ((hugs)) to you. I hope they are starting to work for you.
DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
In search of a image

Re: *~*~*Ladies in Waiting*~*~*

• thanks @bookishmomma for the check in. sorry to hear about your accident but glad no one was hurt. the aftermath of insurance claims and such are such a pain though...hope you're taking it easy

So far the meds seem to be helping a little. the grogginess is lessening. maybe soon I'll be able to get back into the swing of things and get back to working on my Masters degree internship hours. I just got Fertility Friend and thinking about charting soon. Still need to go through the tutorials and such and get a BBT. AF is over though, which I'm relieved. I was fully expecting a particularly hard AF since it was my first since losing Fenix, but things seem to be in working order. Hope you all are doing well.
    BFP #1 12/19/13 We lost our Fenix 7/31/14 at 36 weeks due to torn umbilical cord
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Chart TTA until Feb 2015
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • @BookishMomma, Thanks for checking in! So sorry to hear about your parking lot accident. Glad no one was hurt! I hope the claims process isn't too annoying for you.

@artgeek009, I'm glad the meds are helping, and I'm glad AF wasn't much worse than you anticipated.

AFM, yes, we decided to go for it this cycle! I'm 3 DPO today and just got CHs, so now I'm officially waiting to test! I'll start testing the 18th most likely (my LP is pretty short - 10ish days). If it's a BFN, then the next 2 cycles are the ones I'm feeling most conflicted about. But I'm trying not to get ahead of myself!! MH and I will talk about it after we know the outcome of this cycle. In the mean time, my fellowship is ending next year, so I'm hitting the job market pretty hard in the next few weeks/months. So that's giving me a whole new level of uncertainty for our future! Although, I did see a rainbow yesterday on my drive home (I gasped so hard I think I sucked all the air out of my car), so I'm hoping it's a sign of good things to come.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 31, DH: 30, Married July 2013
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1  5.17.14, EDD 1.26.15, MMC (measuring 6w3d at 8w3d), D&C 6.26.14
    BFP#2  9.19.14, EDD 5.29.15, AF on 9.23.14 CP
    BFP#3  12.17.14, EDD 8.25.15, AF on 12.21.14 CP#2

Current plan: TTC while waiting for RPL results to come back
    Stalk my ute

• Loading the player...
  • @BookishMomma sorry to hear about your accident! It's definitely stressful dealing with the aftermath

@MrsPhD83 Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully the 2WW goes quickly for you!

AFM my 2nd AF following my d&c sucked the first couple days. I felt miserable and leaked through 2 pairs of pants... luckily not enough for anyone else to see but me before I noticed!
    I'm now on CD8 and hoping this cycle is our lucky one. 

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• No signs of O yet, been getting negs on OPKs but I'm only on CD 11 so it's still early.  Going to be lots of BDing this weekend ;)

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @BookishMomma - Oh no, car accidents of any kind are just not fun. Hope you get everything resolved quickly

@artgeek009 - Internship hours are so much fun (can you hear the sarcasm). What is your degree in?

@MrsPhD83 - FX for you this cycle!

@SunshineShades - Ugh, no fun. I had the same problem this past cycle. Seems like the heavy ones always catch us unawares. FX for you!

@CreechMommy - Yay for the weekend, hope you O soon.

@Amybunny30 - Hope the rest of your week is going well. Meant to respond on January thread but saw it had drifted down. Sounds like your training schedule is fun, how do you manage the crazy owners though they always drive me nuts.

AFM - I was surprised last Friday by AF so I can officially burn my bench. FX for this cycle. I haven’t gotten into the temping yet but basic calendar charting would put O for this weekend. Hoping for a relaxing one and that all the service dog training we have going on can go smoothly - no more drama this week. Somedays I swear I am not a people person.

Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

BFP #1 05/19/14, EDD 01/19/15, MMC 06/12/14 

BFP #2 10/10/14, EDD 06/19/15

• @AmyBunny30 last cycle, according to temps, it was on CD 14 That lined up with what I thought.  Previous cycles I've just gone by EWCM and O pain, which usually happens more or less around that time.  

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• @BookishMomma - Thanks for the check-in. Sorry to hear about your accident, I had something like that happen to me a few months back but I was on the receiving end. Insurance companies can be such a pain to deal with, but I'm glad no one was hurt.

@artgeek009 - I am glad to hear your meds are helping and glad your first post-loss AF was not too bad. Good luck with your internship! It will be good to keep busy.

@MrsPhD83 - FX for you this cycle! Hopefully the rainbow you saw is a sign of good things to come. Good luck with your job search, I'm right there with you and this market is ROUGH!

@Sunshineshades - Sorry AF sucked! FX for you this cycle!

@CreechMommy - sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead! ;-)

@Amybunny30 - Hope you O soon!

@paintdadanta - Congrats on burning the bench! Hope the training goes smoothly!

AFM, I have not decided on a new dr yet, I am still researching but it is really hard to decide. My friend just gave me a new dr she is recommending so I plan to check him out and go from there. Whoever I decide to go with, I'm definitely going to go in for the pre-conception consult, thanks to you ladies for your guidance on that. In the meantime, I'm growing extra annoyed with my current doctor, they were supposed to call with my thyroid test results yesterday and I still haven't heard anything. So frustrating. I plan to call tomorrow if I don't hear anything. In the meantime, just waiting around for my first post-D&C AF, once she comes around I can start trying my hand at temping and charting. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Married: 4/28/12
    BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

TTCAL December siggy challenge - Autocorrect Fails

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

• @Amybunny30 - Can't blame you one bit sounds like a good strategy. One of the veterans that we have been working with has been driving me crazy because he blames his bad owner habits as "her anxiety" - drives DH and I crazy. Who do you work for? We just partnered up with an Off-Leash K9 Training in our area and they do a lot of the same things (high price = less crazies).  

• @ashtog, sorry about cd1 :( big ((hugs)) lady!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• Hi @BookishMomma‌ - Fingers crossed for a smooth sailing with your insurance company after your accident and thank you for the check in. :) AF did show up and I am cleared for take off, well, you know what I mean.i keep forgetting to temp in the morning because I'm up so early I drag my exhausted behind to the coffee pot (even though it's decaf anyways) without thinking. I'm trying to get my act back together and get psyched about trying again. My desire for a baby far outweighs my fear but I would be lying if I said it wasn't at the forefront of my mind.
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• edited September 2014
    @MrsPhD83 - Hooray for going for it! Hoping the 2WW goes by speedily for you and you get the results you're looking for! And good luck on hitting the job market as well. In this economy, everyone needs it. May I ask what you studied?

@SunshineShades - FXd for you!

@CreechMommy - Have fun this weekend!

@Amybunny30 - I've found being on this board makes it a little harder to TTA, have you? Learning a lot though and I'm hoping the anticipation will help focus my energies on that positive.

@paintdadanta - Congrats on burning benches and hoping for a smooth weekend for ya. I'm this close to finishing my Masters in School Counseling.

@ctk181 - Sorry your doc office is being annoying and hasn't gotten your test results back to you yet. Mine likes to play the "no news is good news" strategy but I always wonder if something got missed or they just forgot to call. Good luck on your research and FXd your AF shows soon.

@ashtog - ((Hugs)) on cd1. Here's to another go, hopefully for the results you're looking for!
    BFP #1 12/19/13 We lost our Fenix 7/31/14 at 36 weeks due to torn umbilical cord
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Hello everyone,

@BookishMama1012 Thanks for the check in.  That really sucks. I am glad no one was hurt.

@artgeek009 I am glad thing seem to be in working order.

@MrsPhD83 Good luck with your job search. I hope that rainbow was a sign.

@SunshineShades FX this is your cycle. 

@CreechMommy Enjoy you weekend ;)

@Amybunny30 You must have tremendous patients to train all of those pet owners...

@paintdadanta burn baby burn. Congrats on getting off of the bench.

@ctk181 There is no harm in temping now. It will get you in the habit. FX AF appears soon.

@LDubHawksFan FX you are in the tww.

@ashtog hugs... I hate cd

@lyndz333 I think we all have that fear,  it is unavoidable at this point. 

AFM: The HSG was all clear, so yet another test that came up normal. I had my mid cycle scan and they found a cyst that had collapsed, most likely from my last cycle so now I am just waiting for AF or cd 35 to have AF induced. So I am taking this opportunity to drink... a lot. I am starting metformin this weekend and I am going camping for the last time this year. 

Hugs for everyone! 

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • MrsPhD83MrsPhD83 member
    edited September 2014
    @MrsPhD83 - Hooray for going for it! Hoping the 2WW goes by speedily for you and you get the results you're looking for! And good luck on hitting the job market as well. In this economy, everyone needs it. May I ask what you studied?

*snip*
    Thank you!! I have my PhD in psychology, and I do tobacco treatment research.

ETA tag fail
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• matiekaematiekae member
    edited September 2014

@BookishMomma Car accidents suck to deal with, but I'm glad to hear no one got hurt.  Thanks for the check-in!

@artgeek009 I'm glad the meds seem to be helping you out and good luck with FF. I just started this cycle so getting used to it, but I'm very excited. Without these ladies I would have never known it existed! :)

@MrsPhD83 Good luck this cycle, that timing looks awesome! :)

@SunshineShades FX for you as well!!

@CreechMommyHave fun this week ;)

@paintdadanta Congrats on your surprise AF and burning that bench! FX for you this cycle!

@ctk181 Good luck finding a new doc, hope you get those results your waiting for today! I don't think they realize how long the wait till Monday can be for us!

@ashtog sorry for cd1 :( ((Hugs)) to you!

@lyndz333 congrats on being cleared for take off. I don't have much advice for how your feeling, but I'll send some ((Hugs)) your way!

@rubysi Have fun drinking and camping, that sounds great!

AFM... I'm still awaiting my first AF. I'm not getting impatient yet as I wouldn't expect a normal one till Wednesday anyway... but I'm ready for it ;) I have been temping, and have remembered 6 out of the past 7 mornings! But there are so many open circles and dotted lines before that I'm not putting much merit in what it's telling me (plus I don't WANT to wait an extra 5 days for AF to arrive, haha). I'm just practicing for now, but next cycle the game is on :).

BFP#1: 8/5/14 EDD: 4/17/15 MC: 8/20/2014
    BFP#2: 10/10/14 EDD: 6/23/15 Grow, Baby. Grow!!

J15 January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @matiekae‌ I've found that even with lots of open circles FF can usually still detect O for me. So don't stress about the open circles too much. You'll get more in the habit as time passes.
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• @MrsPhD83 , wow! That's quite an accomplishment! congrats! Maybe one day I'll get my PhD in counseling, but with all of the shananigans with counseling and licensure, being in School Counseling right now might mean I would have to get another Masters in clinical mental health counseling, despite the CACRAP programs being almost exactly the same. *sigh* that's what I get for going into counseling instead of psychology, but I must say I'd probably be better off leaving the technical research to the pros like yourself. 
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • So Sorry I am so late checking in! Where in the world has the time gone!! @Bookishmomma You so deserve a HUGE break!! As in your so due for something amazing to happen very soon! Can't wait to hear all about whatever it may end up being! Sending you big hugs!!

@artgeek009  I started FF directly after my MC for the first time also and it's been a nice thing to focus on. In many ways its helped me understand my cycles more then I thought I would because I am not only charting my temps, but I'm also recording my cervical mucus, etc. On month two of TTC and charting I am a lot more confident in TTC as a whole. Hope time goes quick for you!

@MrsPhD83 WOOHOO!! So excited for you! Come on little sperm and connect with those/that egg(s)! Will look forward to your updates!! Good luck in the job search!!

@SunshineShades  Uck, I do don't miss those days! Pre-MC this was common for me. I've heard having the large healthy bleeds is a great indication the body is ridding bad toxins that it needs to rid itself of. Hopefully as O approaches your body is fully prepared for a BFP!

@CreechMommy  Yey for bedding!! Enjoy your weekend! hope you confirm O soon!!

@Amybunny30  How long are you TTA avoid for? What is your current plan in place?

@paintdadanta  WooHoo for Ovulating on the weekend! Hope its a nice relaxing and very enjoying one for you!!

@ctk181  Ugh, sorry the drama with your Doc seems never ending. As if all we go through isn't enough! Hope you can find a great one as you prepare to move back into TTC! Hope AF shows her ugly face soon!! 

@ashtog  Hope you get through AF quick and O appears promptly! Sending Hugs right back to you!!

@lyndz333  We all totally and completely understand the fear, but excitement! I was in the same boat with temping until I finally started setting my alarm two hours before I have to wake up to get ready for work and as soon as my alarm sounds I take my temp, use the rest room, have a glass of water, and go back to bed for a couple hours. It's worked well for me to continue the same testing time through the weekends! 

@rubysi  I am toasting you with my margarita and sending you hugs! I'm so sorry you don't have answers, but glad there is nothing concerning standing in your way! Hopefully AF shows ASAP so you can move on!! Have a great time camping, we love to get away (but our camping is in a cabin) several times each summer and I always dread the fall cold that prevents us from getting back to the mountains!

@matiekae   Come on AF make your appearance!! It took some time for temping to become a routine for me also, but now it just seems so natural! I so hope the time goes quick for you so you can move on to TTC soon!!

I am at CD17 and I am having a ton of signs of ovulation, but just waiting for the egg(s) to actually release! I did clomid CD5-9 and as I remember it happening with my clomid cycles back in Jan/Feb I've been getting the sticky clear CM and O pains starting at CD16 and will likely get my positive OPK between CD19 and CD22! DH has low sperm count so we can/do only bed every other night so we started Wednesday and will continue to cover through CD23! I won't test until Oct 1st, which seems like forever away!! I am in great spirits and feel really confident this month! There is always a little bit of nerves with clomid as I know if we don't conceive in September or October I have to take November off in order to build my lining back up. If we aren't successful by October 31st then I think we will be taking off of TTC until January. Sending so many hugs to everyone who needs it!!

BTW: Having been raised on a farm, I absolutely Love the quote of the week!!
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• MrsPhD83MrsPhD83 member
    edited September 2014
    @MrsPhD83 , wow! That's quite an accomplishment! congrats! Maybe one day I'll get my PhD in counseling, but with all of the shananigans with counseling and licensure, being in School Counseling right now might mean I would have to get another Masters in clinical mental health counseling, despite the CACRAP programs being almost exactly the same. *sigh* that's what I get for going into counseling instead of psychology, but I must say I'd probably be better off leaving the technical research to the pros like yourself. 

@artgeek009‌ Thank you!!! Although I do have to admit that there are days that I wish I just did something more clinical. Having a private practice, or being able to be employed by a group, school, hospital, etc. seems easier than dealing with with academic jobs. Positions are few and far between, and I do pretty specialized research (for better or worse). So you do school counseling now? Do you like it?

ETA, tag fail as per usual.

TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• @LDubHawksFan‌ - can you please share with me where or how you found your February love bug picture? I have finally been able to bring myself back to this website after losing my February angel and would love to add it to my signature. Thank you! <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Angel #1 - EDD 2/1/2015 - MC 5/30, 5 wks 1 day
  • @AmyBunny30  I can completely understand! April and May were the two most challenging months that I can ever remember. In June I started to get my faith and confidence back and by August I new I was ready to TTC again. For me I didn't want to start TTC until I new I was ready to handle possibly having to go through another loss. Wishing you the best and hope things continue to progress for you both emotionally and physically!
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~

• @LDubHawksFan‌ - can you please share with me where or how you found your February love bug picture? I have finally been able to bring myself back to this website after losing my February angel and would love to add it to my signature. Thank you! <3
    @paintdadanta‌ created some new ones about a month or so ago. So talented!! I think they might be in the blog too, but I search that thread: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12401857/month-badges
    I haven't seen them on the blog yet but I added them to a WordPress site just for badges: ttcalbadges.wordpress.com. I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to post the new thread with the final updates but I'll try to do that now.

• @CreechMommy  YEY!! So happy for you ;) I am at CD19 and still negative OPK's. I'm pretty sure I O'd on CD22 or CD23 last month so I am REALLY hoping I get my positive on Wednesday! Enjoy the bedding!

• @DenaMaree FX that you O soon!! We're cycle buddies!!

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• @CreechMommy  Ugh, I'm still waiting on a positive OPK! I'm not too surprised as FF had me O'ing on Cd23 last month! Calling the RE today as my luteul phase is only going to be between 8-10 days which I read can cause a MC. Will look forward to your update following your 2WW! FX!!

• @denamaree I hate waiting to O much more than waiting to test. I guess maybe because when I'm waiting to test, I know I've done all I can, whereas when you're waiting to O you're like... do I need to BD today or not??
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• @DenaMaree FX for you!!

Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014

• @ldubhawksfan Yep, I O-ed on CD16, as confirmed by temps and cross-checked with OPKs. 

I tend to have a short LP when I'm not on progesterone (9 or 10 days), so I'm expecting AF sometime this week. But knowing what a bitch AF is, she will probably take her sweet time since she knows it's my last cycle TTA and I'm chomping at the bit to TTC again!

I hope this cycle ends soon for you, LDub!
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• @BookishMomma‌ You so read my mind!! Especially with DH having a low sperm count I'm always anxious that I'll bed to soon and miss the "perfect opportunity"! My temp was 98.2 this morning and last month made it to 98.7 before dropping back down to my normal 97.1 so I'm pretty confident I'll O Wednesday! Which is perfect as we bedded Sat, we will tonight and finally again Wednesday! So glad to see your tracking your O and it appears to be normal for you! Makes going into TTC next month less stressful!!

@LDubHawksFan‌ I think learning your body now and finding some consistency and predictability with your cycles prior to getting back to TTC helped me out a ton! I'm swimming in OPKs and have been testing since my first AF post D&C ended and start at CD16 even though I've never ovulated before CD19! I completely believe knowledge is power ;)

• @LDubHawksFan My DH doesn't like me temping, either. He thinks it makes me more crazy. I won't be temping when we do our upcoming meds + IUI cycle, since I'll be monitored at the RE. And, really, I don't need any more crazy than I already have. But it's been nice while TTA to temp again and see my body getting back to normal.
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Too funny! My DH actually prefers that I temp versus do OPK's? When we got pregnant back in February I didn't turn a OPK but obviously must have ovulated..silly OPK's! Temping gives me peace of mind and makes me feel more proactive!

• MrsPhD83 said:
    @MrsPhD83 , wow! That's quite an accomplishment! congrats! Maybe one day I'll get my PhD in counseling, but with all of the shananigans with counseling and licensure, being in School Counseling right now might mean I would have to get another Masters in clinical mental health counseling, despite the CACRAP programs being almost exactly the same. *sigh* that's what I get for going into counseling instead of psychology, but I must say I'd probably be better off leaving the technical research to the pros like yourself. 

@artgeek009‌ Thank you!!! Although I do have to admit that there are days that I wish I just did something more clinical. Having a private practice, or being able to be employed by a group, school, hospital, etc. seems easier than dealing with with academic jobs. Positions are few and far between, and I do pretty specialized research (for better or worse). So you do school counseling now? Do you like it?

ETA, tag fail as per usual.

School Counseling so far as been great, WHEN I'm allowed to do some actual counseling. At least in AL, the school counseling profession is still trying to get away from paper pusher duties. It seems like 99% of the work school administrators give to school counselors has little to nothing to do with actually counseling students. It's like pulling teeth to try to orchestrate a time to see students on an individual level for any length of time. You'd think that they'd want to better manage their limited funding and have their Masters level employees do what their actually trained to do. 
    In the counseling field some states are closing in on what school counseling degrees are actually allowed to do. Used to be that we could do private practice or school, but some states like Florida specify that the degree has to be in clinical mental health in order to be in a practice. Sooo, all of those people with "community counseling" degrees are really freaking out. Lots of politics. 

On a different note, I finally bought a BBT yesterday (pink one from Walmart) and did my first temping. My insomnia may make it difficult to temp after 3 solid hours of sleep. I haven't been able to get to sleep before 2-3am since everything happened, and when I do sleep its restless and I wake up constantly. Ambien stopped working, Remeron no longer makes me drowzy. blah. Any of you ladies have the same issue?

My first temp this morning seemed to be really low and I'm wondering if I should have gotten a different BBT. I was 96.83 F this morning. It's CD10, so I wasn't anticipating a higher temp, but doesn't 96.8 seem low?
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Are you doing vaginal temping? It's more accurate with a varying schedule! From what I have read/learned its not necessarily what the temperature is, but what it peaks to, etc! Are you putting the information into a program like FF? It's been great at helping me understand the temping!

• I've only been doing orally. Is that wrong? I've just started today, so FF doesn't really show much. I'm probably over thinking things. 
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Orally didn't work for me because I tend to be a super restless sleeper! My RE suggested to do it vaginally as it would then be more accurate! It made a big difference.

• DenaMaree said:
    Orally didn't work for me because I tend to be a super restless sleeper! My RE suggested to do it vaginally as it would then be more accurate! It made a big difference.
    Thanks, I'll try that way!
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Another vote for vaginal temping here. It's been much easier for me to get confirmed O (solid crosshairs) on FF with vaginal temping. 

@artgeek009 you're not doing it "wrong." Most people do oral temps. But for people with inconsistent sleep patterns, or insomniacs like me, thermometer up the va-jay-jay is the way to go. I agree with @DenaMaree. The only difficulty is that it makes it harder for me to hear the beep when the temp has been read. 
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards