Pregnant after 35
Options

First Appt and Parents now know...

Yesterday was my first appt with this LO.  I was so nervous that my BP initially was 168/90.  YIKES!  The nurse asked me to relax and said she would come back later and check it again.  Because I waited so long to schedule my appointment, I was only able to see one of the nurse practitioners that work with my OB for my first visit.  She was funny and really nice and knew her stuff.  It's a teaching practice and she brought in a student to observe.  OH JOY!  Not one, but two people to look at my hoo hoo!  I haven't been to the doctor since I had my DS two years ago, so of course, I had to have a pap smear.  She opened me up and I heard, "Oh look, a nice, clean, healthy cervix!"  I couldn't help but giggle a little and thought I seriously need a camera to follow me around because I just can't make this stuff up!  The baby was dancing all around and shaking it's nubs (what will be arms eventually).  Strong heartbeat.  Yay!  She adjusted my due date from April 9th to April 14th.  Said everything looked good and then sent me for labs.  They did take my BP again and it was 127/88...still a little high on the bottom number, but they were fine with it and sent me on my way.  Next appt is in almost 4 weeks.

I went home and broke the news to my parents.  I think my DH stayed away long enough for me to tell them, so he didn't have to be there.  The big chicken.  They were okay.  They weren't overly joyed, but they didn't take the news as bad as I thought they would.  I mean, I am 40 years old, married for 15 years and already have a 2 year old...  However, I am an only child and for some strange reason, my parents still have the ability to make me feel like I am 12 years old.  I think it's all in my head.  I need to grow up, but it is what it is.  I wonder if I will ever feel grown around them...  Their opinion matters. Period.  Mom has already texted me today asking how I felt, so I know they are okay with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: First Appt and Parents now know...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"