December 2011 Moms

hitting and swear words

Yes Blake has gotten into trouble for both of these. The topper on the cake is that he hit his preschool teacher today. I fell apart. I instantly think the teacher thinks that we are bad parents. He's been in school for a few weeks and just started hitting. I don't know where he is getting it from. 

The swearing. Yes my husband and I swear. Its natural to us. We make up words around him so he doesn't know the real ones. If one does slip we tell him thats a bad word. And he understands and respeats it. Ugh. 

Any advice? Please tell me Im not alone. 
** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: hitting and swear words

• My DS is a hitter and biter :-(. We have been consistently doing automatic time out for both behaviors and given A LOT of attention for when he uses his words instead. Each time he is sent/brought to time out we remind him of words to use instead of the negative behavior. Both behaviors have decreased quite a bit, but are still around. It has taken a while.

As far as the swearing, the one time it happened we ignored it and fortunately it stopped.

Good luck!
  • Thanks so much. 
    We reinforce the "thats a bad word" and "say this instead" 
    The swearing just recently started. Ive started to say don't say that when someone says something. Now Blake is saying that. I hope it sticks. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"