Parenting after 35
Options

GTKY Fall Edition

I know it has been slow around here and with the start up to school some of you mamas are probably pretty busy.  Thought it was a fun way to keep this board alive with a quick Q and A with a fall theme.

Anything new and exciting going on that you would like to share?

Favorite things to do in the fall?

Fan of all things pumpkin flavored or Not so much?

Anyone have their Halloween costumes figured out for their kiddos yet?

Favorite fall piece of clothing you can't wait to put back on?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: GTKY Fall Edition

• Options

I am crazy busy at work.  I need at least 2 more of me to cover the 2 team members I am down.  I have to do the work of 3 people and I am tired

go apple picking and go for walks on the beach with the dog (we can't take him on the beach from Memorial Day through a little past Labor Day)

Yeah, not so much.  I would rather lick my shoe than eat anything pumpkin.  

No, and every time I go into Costco I get stressed looking at the costumes hanging up.  I am beginning to think about it but that is as far as I got.

can't wait to break out my sweaters and boots

• Options
    I'll play, but the answers will bore you...

- nope...nothing new. Well, except that we are going to a wedding in a few weeks and 'no kids allowed', so I need to pump and get DH to try giving LO a bottle before we go. My niece will be babysitting (not sure if she will just have LO or the toddler too). I don't want her to be living a nightmare while we are gone (about 8 hours).

- walk in the dried, coloured leaves...

- nope. I will eat a slice of pie (if its good), and maybe some seeds, but nothing else. And I really mean ONE slice of pie.

- I have a cute tiger costume that DD wore many years ago, and DS1 wore last year that LO will wear this year. DS1 just got a ferocious tiger costume to wear this year.

- I don't have any fall favourite clothes. I prefer warmer weather.
    I see women in cute knitted sweaters and I think, 'hey, that's nice', but then I hate how they fit me, or how inconvenient they are for BFing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Anything new and exciting going on that you would like to share?For the next 7 weeks I do not have a toddler.  DS1 turns 3 today and starts preschool tomorrow so he is a preschooler.  DS2 will be 1 in October and will then be a toddler.

DS1 is walking.

The Big E (huge fair in New England).
    Fan of alll things pumpkin flavored
    DS1 wants to be a fireman.  This is easy because it is what he was last year and the coat still fits.
    Not sure what we are going to do with DS2.

sweatshirts.  Love my hoodies.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    One of my very good friends from college lives in Mass. so I have heard about the Big E.  It always sounds like a great time.

• Options
    Nothing but stress here lately between me and DH over his irresponsible and selfish behavior with our finances. I am at the end of my rope and at a loss. On a positive note, it looks like we have successfully weaned our daughter off the Zantac. Yay! Also, we've moved on up to finger foods and she's loving it. I'm loving it to- no more craziness making so many purées.

My favorite thing to do in the Fall is go for walks when it gets cooler and the leaves turn. Fall is my favorite season.

Pumpkin spice anything is my favorite thing in the world. :)

Haven't decided on a costume yet but I have some ideas.

Sweater, boots and scarves!! Oh how I missed them living in Florida! I can't even tell you how excited I am for Fall weather to get here!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the DH.  Luckily for me we don't have a problem with him and finances (he's super cheap but flexible) I only know for myself that would drive me bat shit crazy because I have worked like a dog my entire life and my Mom made sure my sister and I knew the value of a dollar and how to save.  To have someone to mess with my money would piss me off.  I have a few girlfriends who's husbands don't make the best decisions with money and I just don't know how they do it cause I would kill my DH.  One friend her hubs was out of work and he decided to buy a motorcycle.  I didn't even have words for her when she told me that.

I hope everything works out and you guys can come to some middle ground.  That is not an easy thing to deal with.  

• Options

Happy Fall ladies :)  I'll join in.

Anything new and exciting going on that you would like to share? DS1 is starting preschool next week for the first time.  I'm excited and sad at the same time...

Favorite things to do in the fall?  We love visiting pumpkin patches on farms with hay stacks, corn mazes & other fun fall activities.  Baking & visits from family.

Fan of all things pumpkin flavored or Not so much?  Fan of pumpkin baked goods, but not so much with pumpkin drinks.

Anyone have their Halloween costumes figured out for their kiddos yet?  No go yet!  I'm feeling a bit nervous about that one.  Usually I've ordered them by now.

Favorite fall piece of clothing you can't wait to put back on?  Sweaters & boots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Options
    Geeps2 said:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the DH.  Luckily for me we don't have a problem with him and finances (he's super cheap but flexible) I only know for myself that would drive me bat shit crazy because I have worked like a dog my entire life and my Mom made sure my sister and I knew the value of a dollar and how to save.  To have someone to mess with my money would piss me off.  I have a few girlfriends who's husbands don't make the best decisions with money and I just don't know how they do it cause I would kill my DH.  One friend her hubs was out of work and he decided to buy a motorcycle.  I didn't even have words for her when she told me that.

I hope everything works out and you guys can come to some middle ground.  That is not an easy thing to deal with.  
    Thank you. It's been going on for far too long. I am really fed up as well as hurt and disappointed. Every time I think he has made progress he turns around and falls right back into old habits. We have nothing for our child's future and we never will if things don't change.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Anything new and exciting going on that you would like to share? DD is sitting up and so excited to be doing so. 

Favorite things to do in the fall? Maybe a bonfire. Walks on crisp days are also nice.

Fan of all things pumpkin flavored or Not so much? Neither. I don't look forward to them all year, but I don't dislike pumpkin, either.

Anyone have their Halloween costumes figured out for their kiddos yet? Nope. 

Favorite fall piece of clothing you can't wait to put back on? Hoodie sweatshirts. Although I wear them year round to be ready for a/c indoors!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    Quinn cat  "My baby girl is going to have a tough time. She only wants me and she has been refusing bottles. I just bought 2 new kinds today, hopefully one will work. Any tips?

I have the same problem with DS who is 9 months old.  I have tried everything and even tried skipping the bottle and going right to a sippy cup and all of it is a no go.  He will hold out till I get home.  I should preface it with I work in a school and I am able to come home for lunch since I live in the same town in which I work.  Then I am home by 3pm each day.  I wish I had some sage advice that worked but I have tried it all and he is one stubborn little man who will have none of it.  I was hoping to be basically done breastfeeding by now but with his refusal of any bottle of any kind he forces my hand.  Good Luck!!!  

• Options

Nothing really new. DH may have an amazing opportunity at work.  IF it happens, we are going to have to stay where we are for another couple years.  Not exactly where I want to be, but if it makes my Hubby happy.  

I love going to apple orchards and picking my own apples and pumpkins.  But we live so far south, that we don't have these favorite things. 

I like pumpkin, but not when they add (especially over much) the pumpkin spices...yuck. 

Yes.  DD is going to as a scarecrow.  Plaid shirt, handmade tulle tutu, these very cute american indianesque boots and the floppy straw hat.  I will add some hay here and there and a cute bit of makeup. 

I love sweaters. 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    The kids will be 11 months on Monday. They are getting so big! She is standing unassisted and tries to take a step every once in a while. He is just so smiley and loves to chat.

Favorite things to do in the fall? We only get a few days of fall down here in Texas. I love college football!

Fan of all things pumpkin flavored or Not so much? I really don't like pumpkin.

Anyone have their Halloween costumes figured out for their kiddos yet? I have no idea. There are so many options!

Favorite fall piece of clothing you can't wait to put back on? Boots!!!! I bought some gorgeous knee high boots and it hasn't been less than 90 degrees yet. I can't wait to get them out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi all - I haven't posted here before (I don't think), but I lurk here occasionally... I just turned 41 Sunday and my son will be 10 Months on Thursday.  I figured I would intro myself with this GTKY, since I love fall!

Anything new and exciting going on that you would like to share?   My son is about to walk... it's both exciting and terrifying at the same time! 

Favorite things to do in the fall? Hmmm... just be outside in the crisp air - I love the weather how it is now (in the northeast) shortsleeves and flip flops during the day, colder with a sweatshirt or windbreaker in the evening.  

Fan of all things pumpkin flavored or Not so much?  LOVE all things pumpkin, especially Dunkin coffee, muffins, bread... I could go on and on.

Anyone have their Halloween costumes figured out for their kiddos yet?  I purchased a really cute Tigger costume, but a friend said she thinks she has a frog from her son when he was the same age.  I can't justify spending the money when he will only be 11 months old and probably in the costume for 10 minutes to take pics and that's it!  So I will probably return the costume I bought if she finds hers

Favorite fall piece of clothing you can't wait to put back on?  I don't know... I'm barely back in my pre-pregnancy clothes so we will see... but probably the burberry jacket I wanted for years that my husband bought me 6 months before I got pregnant so I only wore for 1 season!
  • Options

Nothing new.  Just enjoying the weather changing.

Going to the pumpkin patch and driving to the mountains to see the leaves changing.

Not so much.

I just got their costumes the other day.  DS1 is going to be a Ninja, DS2 is going to be a shark, and DD is going to be a Rainbow Monster.

Sweaters, sweatshirts, and jeans.
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    Geeps2 said:
    I know it has been slow around here and with the start up to school some of you mamas are probably pretty busy.  Thought it was a fun way to keep this board alive with a quick Q and A with a fall theme.

Anything new and exciting going on that you would like to share? Both my kids started school - kindergarten and preschool, respectively. 

Favorite things to do in the fall?Eat Fall food and wish it was cooler.   

Fan of all things pumpkin flavored or Not so much?YES!!!

Anyone have their Halloween costumes figured out for their kiddos yet?Figured them out, haven't bought them yet. 

Favorite fall piece of clothing you can't wait to put back on? Sweaters, cardigans and tights.

• Options
    Geeps2 said:

1. DD started 3 day a week preschool and loves it. Had her first class performance last night (they waved leaves around in time to a song... Hey, she's 2, it's not Broadway.
    2 Texas weather finally gets bearable again! So we do a lot of 5ks in the fall. We are doing DS's first one this Saturday!
    3. Love pumpkin flavored anything!
    4. DD is going to be Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. DS is going to be a penguin.
    5. Boots and leggings!
  • Options
    linzerdlinzerd member
    edited October 2014
    Anything new and exciting going on that you would like to share? Today is my 35th bday! Favorite things to do in the fall? Go to the local fair, apple picking, corn maze, walking the dogs at the beach, all things I can't wait to introduce LO to! Fan of all things pumpkin flavored or Not so much? Hate it. Except for my mom's pumpkin bread she makes, that is delish! Anyone have their Halloween costumes figured out for their kiddos yet? We got a bag of hand me down clothes for LO from MH's coworker, there was a Halloween tshirt in there, so that will do. No need to dress up, there will be no trick or treating so I don't see a point. Favorite fall piece of clothing you can't wait to put back on? my slippers!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @linzerd‌ !

So swamped these days! Very happy to have the 3 day weekend to actually get to spend some time with DD. She's 5 months old and along with her lovely smile and babbling has adorable new tricks like sucking on her toes, rolling belly to back, and successfully pushing daddy's hand away when he tries to pinch her nose. And strange ones like attacking my face. But I also have to get a bunch of school stuff done that is due Friday. Progress report, professional goals, etc. Ick. All not easily done onehanded on a mobile device while she nurses. So bumping instead for now after being AWOL from the last few weeks.

Like to spend time outdoors now that almost all mosquitoes are gone. Though still have to watch out for deer ticks. Again, ick.

Love pumpkin and other fall flavored foods. Not beverages. Im a curmudgeon who thinks pumpkin and other flavors do not belong in coffee or beer.

Was going to ignore Halloween though was having guilt in advance knowing I'd be busted when DD is older and will find there are no cute photos of her first Halloween. But then last weekend I was at a thrift store looking for more warm clothes for her and found a set of hoody-footy PJ's that look like a white bunny. 2$. Score! Plan B is dress her in red and put on this cute apple hat her daycare provider's husband bought for her at the local orchard.

Fall clothes. - usually I'm happy to wear cozy sweaters again but extra layers is a pain for BFing. Plus more laundry when get spit up on. So not so much this year. Having to wear a fleece again is useful for the pocket though.

Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"