Multiples
Options

Feeling weirded out

We were not expecting to get pregnant with twins. It doesnt run in our families & I wasn't doing fertility treatments. So, needless to say we were shocked. Now I'm finally getting used to the idea. What an incredible blessing! Especially since I hate being pregnant, so so sick ugh, so it's like I'm getting a 2 for 1 deal! :)
But I'm a bit on the petite side which has me terrified. My belly got huge with my son. I can only imagine with 2!! I think with all this rambling I'm just looking for encouragement. :) Words from experienced ones & words from those currently in the same boat. :) Glad to have somewhere to go for support!

Re: Feeling weirded out

• Options
    Congrats on your twins!

I thought I would be much larger than I am now. But at almost 31 weeks I am not much bigger than I was with my son at 34/35 weeks. 

I still have no clue what I am doing. I have gone through all the motions of prepping everything but have no plan for what to do when the twins are actually here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't get too much bigger with the twins. I went 2 weeks earlier (38 wks) than with my son, and I gained the same amount and looked about the same. But I did get bigger sooner, and from beginning to end, I FELT a whole lot worse. So for me it wasn't necessarily about size but about the level of discomfort. Which was intense. Not gonna lie.

But you will get through it! And you will learn what amazing things your body can do. :)

Congrats and good luck!!

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gained less with my twins than I did my son.  34 lbs with them and 45 with him.  I measured just a few weeks ahead my whole pregnancy and I had them at 36 weeks so I never measured over 40 weeks.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Test!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Beta #1 208, Beta #2 800, Beta #3 6,000
    Were Having Triplets!
    You Tube Videos of our Family finding out the good news!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! Your replies help me a lot. This is such an amazing gift & I don't want to spoil the experience due to all my worrying.
  • Options
    Our bodies are amazing! You may be a bit more uncomfortable than with your singleton, but you'll be able to carry these 2 no problem!
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only gained 27 pounds.  I was 145 pounds when I delivered.  Within 2 weeks, I was below my pre-pregnancy weight because I was breastfeeding.  I have zero stretch marks.

Bodies do what they want and each pregnancy is different.  Some weeks I ate healthy, some weeks I ate enough for 6 people...my eating habits never corresponded to the amount of weight I gained that week.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"