Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Ectopic/Methotrexate advice please

Apologies for posting without a proper intro but I am hoping for some advice - you all seem incredibly kind.  
I had the shot this afternoon.  :(  I was about 5w5d but my beta today was only 156 so I am hoping this resolves somewhat quickly.  My question is whether or not I should plan on staying home from work tomorrow.  If any of you have gone through this process, how quickly did the shot affect you?  Thanks in advance.  
BFP 8-14-14; discovered ectopic 8-28-14

Re: Ectopic/Methotrexate advice please

• Options
    I've not had an ectopic, so I don't have any advice. I'm sorry you're having to go through this.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    HERE is a link to the advice thread on ectopic losses.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much to you both, really appreciate it. 
  • Options
    ((HUGS)) So sorry for your loss. Since your HCG is so low I'd get another set of betas to confirm it's an ectopic & not just a miscarriage.

I had the shot but my betas were over 5,000 (with fetal heartbeat) & I either was rupturing or ruptured soon after as I never left the hospital.

I wouldn't recommend working for a bit as I heard it can take awhile to work. I really have no other advice for you as it was a fail for me. It is a large needle in your hip & it burns pretty bad.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    @FmrAFBrat, My betas were 120, 147, and 156.  There is a chance it was a standard miscarriage, but my doctor was very concerned that the beta numbers = ectopic and made a good, convincing case for treating it as ectopic.  

You are spot-on that I could not have worked today or yesterday.  It's been a rough couple of days.  When this is all over I will include my story in the ectopic advice thread.  Thanks again.  

• Options
    Puglife83Puglife83 member
    edited August 2014

Hi Erin. I am sorry you had to go through an ectopic. I had one almost 2 months ago with my first pregnancy. I took 2 days off after the shot and almost 2 months later I wish I had taken more time to grieve. It took about 2 weeks after that for my levels to hit 0.

I hope you are doing ok <3

Me: 31 DH:28

BFP: July 6 2014. Ectopic discovered at 7 weeks. TTC since February 2014

• Options
    Thanks so much for the kindness, all of you.  I really appreciate it.  This has hit me harder than I though it would (both physically and emotionally) and I am so grateful for the support. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"