March 2015 Moms
Options

Little to no symptoms

jduc07jduc07 member
edited August 2014 in March 2015 Moms
Hi all! In a way I feel pretty lucky not to have any symptoms, but could this be a bad sign? I will be 10 weeks on Wednesday. Aside from fatigue in the afternoons and feeling out of shape during my workouts, I feel great. I won't be seeing my doctor again until 9/11. Are my symptoms too good to be true?? Thank you ladies!

Re: Little to no symptoms

• Options
    I wouldn't think so. My symptoms were pretty terrible until i got to my 10th week and then they've pretty much disappeared. I occasionally get nauseated with certain foods. Every pregnancy is different, and some women never have symptoms, while others have every symptom imaginable and are sick the entire pregnancy. 
    My next appointment is also 9/11. Good luck! 
    CafeMom Tickers

October Siggy Challenge, Halloween Costume Fail

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Normal.  I had the same with my first two kiddos.  This time around I'm a LOT more tired, but I attribute that to the aforementioned two kiddos.  Enjoy it while you can!  Third tri is when pregnancy really kicks my ass (sciatic nerve pain, insomnia, getting huge as a freaking house, not being able to eat normal sized meals becuase my stomach is shoved up into my ribcage, etc.).  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stop. 

Consider yourself lucky. I, too, have no remaining symptoms but there are a lot of women here who are still trying to combat the ms and other (not so) fun things that come with being pregnant.
  • Options
    I feel you, I am the same way. I have been fortunate enough to have no symptoms and I freak out sometimes too. It's like you have no idea if it's really happening or not. I'm living for my doctors appt next Tuesday!

I just try to think how lucky I am to not feel terrible. Don't borrow trouble by thinking something is wrong.
  • Options
    Thank you to some of you ladies. Others can be so mean.
  • Options
    No one is intentionally trying to be mean (probably), it's just that this question with almost this exact same post title gets asked at least 2-3 times a week. Please take everything with a grain of salt.

My standard answer: consider yourself lucky. The vast majority of us are not medical professionals, so we really shouldn't be giving you advice on symptoms, or lack thereof. If you're asking for shared experiences, both google and the search bar on the top of the forum for previous posts are your friend. And:

But, should anything serious happen, know that this group is fantastic at being there for support.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Do you really have nothing to contribute so you brag about not having symptoms? Good for you! Awesome! Bye.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When you come on here saying your only symptom is feeling out of shape after your workout on a board full of women who can barely function through the day because they are so sick, much less work out, you are going to get responses like this. If you are worried call your doctor, that's the only advice I have.
  • Options
    I get the general frustration with seeing the same questions asked every day, but, really, the griping about the op's "bragging"? Many of us are first timers and while those with severe ms might roll their eyes at those complaining about no symptoms, those with no symptoms should feel like this is a safe place for them to express their anxieties. Pregnancy is a very scary time for many of us- whether we have a million uncomfortable symptoms, or none! Or zero ;)
  • Options
    It must be so hard for you, feeling healthy. There there, you poor thing. I shall weep for you in my prayers tonight.

I know you're engaged and all but I may have to steal you for myself.
  • Options
    It is a little scary to have no symptoms. I bought cheap pregnancy tests and still take one or two a week-and I am 11 weeks. I feel very out of touch with what is going on in my body.

I can't say whether or not that's where the op was going with this, but I understand her feelings. I don't think it is bragging. It is a legitimate concern.
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my son I have no symptoms at all just a belly! And he is a healthy 7 year old
  • Options
    What no preggers??
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    It is a little scary to have no symptoms. I bought cheap pregnancy tests and still take one or two a week-and I am 11 weeks. I feel very out of touch with what is going on in my body. I can't say whether or not that's where the op was going with this, but I understand her feelings. I don't think it is bragging. It is a legitimate concern.

Which could have been alleviated pretty f'in fast had she lurked the board.
  • Options

I'm a FTM and have had very few symptoms (sorry everyone with bad ones, no bragging here) and I haven't felt like started a new thread about how little I've been affected; I've lurked and read what other people were saying and going through and learned. I also knew from the get go that every pregnancy is different for every woman, there is no set of rules that every woman follows.

I completely agree and this largely describes me, too. I pretty much lurk and learn. But I feel like every day there's a new "saw the heartbeat!" Or "had a great u/s!" And those ladies get nothing but love. I don't really see the difference btwn them and our op.

All that said, I do appreciate the general tone of this board - the humor, the limited tolerance for bs, etc. And I don't get why people ask the same questions day in and day out.
  • Options

It is a little scary to have no symptoms. I bought cheap pregnancy tests and still take one or two a week-and I am 11 weeks. I feel very out of touch with what is going on in my body.

I can't say whether or not that's where the op was going with this, but I understand her feelings. I don't think it is bragging. It is a legitimate concern.

Which could have been alleviated pretty f'in fast had she lurked the board.

True story. But then what would everyone get fired up about?
  • Options
    While my initial reaction is to be snarky, because I'm green with nausea and envy, I will say that my sister went 4 months -- 4 months! -- without realizing she was pregnant.

She thought she was diabetic because of dizziness and having to pee constantly. She was on birth control and continued to have her period, so pregnancy wasn't her first thought.

She didn't become miserable until 3rd trimester. She had major swelling with both of her pregnancies.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    I am a "first timer" telling you to shut up with your "safe place" bull shit. A safe place is in your doctors office, or while you read a informational book. A safe place is confessing your misgivings on scarymommie.com.
    You're pretty much my favorite person right now for introducing me to ScaryMommy.com

• Options
    MalVoughMalVough member
    edited August 2014

wait... so she just ignored her "diabetes"? that's crazy
    No! She had planned to see a doctor to report her symptoms. On a whim, my BIL told her to take a pregnancy test. Needless to say, they were shocked by the result.

My nephew will be five in January and is 100% healthy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Options

I am a "first timer" telling you to shut up with your "safe place" bull shit.

A safe place is in your doctors office, or while you read a informational book. A safe place is confessing your misgivings on scarymommie.com. 

This is a place where humor and thick skins are developed. Where if you search, you may already have your answer. We do support each other, but when someone doesn't want to contribute more than just waving to all of us saying "hey look at me! I exist! I have no symptoms! There must be something wrong. LOOK AT ME!" You are going to run into some pretty straightforward women who won't mind telling you to stfu.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited August 2014
    MauiBliss said:

It must be so hard for you, feeling healthy. There there, you poor thing. I shall weep for you in my prayers tonight.

I am willing to fight you to the death for her. Right now. Right here.

@crunchymamaof2, I am calling you out.

****quote****

Now now, there's enough Pele to go around. After all, my namesake is married to like, 50 people.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

MauiBliss said:

****quote****

Now now, there's enough Pele to go around. After all, my namesake is married to like, 50 people.

Thank goodness because...flowing mane...battle axe...moon for height comparison...

You know you're my lover...

(@toastercat ditches me all the time anyhow and @nomnommama ditches me for moaster...soooo. And plus also, Moaster throws scissor parties. Which I may or may not be involved in)

• Options
    Oh. Was there something else going on in here??

Nah, didn't think so.
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited August 2014

MauiBliss said:

****quote****

Thank goodness because...flowing mane...battle axe...moon for height comparison...

You know you're my lover...

(@toastercat ditches me all the time anyhow and @nomnommama ditches me for moaster...soooo. And plus also, Moaster throws scissor parties. Which I may or may not be involved in)

****quote****

Haha, you know that axes are the way into my heart and pants. You temptress you!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"