November 2014 Moms
Options

First name problems, which one to go with?

2»

Re: First name problems, which one to go with?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    aa98aa98 member
    I didn't vote because I just couldn't...  I thought one of the PP had a great piece of advice, if you want something unique for the first name, definitely go with something more traditional for the middle name so your future son has a choice when he gets older.  That way you can express yourself but he has an out before he can legally change it.  Plus he has the option of retaining that uniqueness while doing the first name is an initial thing in a more professional setting.  I think there are actually a lot of power businessmen that do that.  

As for alternative spellings, I'm not completely against it if the name is easily recognizable, actually one of the names we are considering for our LO has a more traditional "American" spelling and a traditional "Indian" spelling and if we choose that name, we will go with the Indian version.  Still, they are both commonly accepted spellings.

As a side note, yes, your kid will be judged (fair or not) if he has a misspelled name or strange name.  When we see crazy names on patient schedules, we judge (e.g. Nevaeh is shockingly popular-heaven backwards...  sorry to anyone with that name or a child with that name).

**** what is up with the weird spacing???
    BabyFruit Ticker

Our first!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"