April 2015 Moms
Options

Workouts and Fitness

2»

Re: Workouts and Fitness

• Options
    edited August 2014
    BRNCLES said:

Weight related: any other weight watchers ladies here? I was successful tracking for a year, losing about 30 lbs- but I probably still have a bit to go before I reach my "goal." Obviously weight loss is out the window with pregnancy which is fine- but has anyone had luck continuing to track while pregnant for maintaining only? I just don't want to overdo it, using the baby as an excuse to fall of the wagon- my healthy pregnancy weight gain is 20 lbs. I've seen a nursing option in settings which bumps up your daily points a bit- is that a reasonable increase for pregnancy? I've combed the Internet briefly and could only find super old threads that I'm not sure are still relevant, as I know WW has revamped itself in the past year or two.

I can't answer most of your questions, but I do know that nursing burns more calories than the extra you need to consume for pregnancy. Exclusively nursing burns around 500 calories, and you really only need about 300 extra calories a day while pregnant. But if there's an option for "nursing after introducing solids" then that might be pretty close.
    DD - Born 8/12/13

• Options
    @Briamarillas‌ how do you like the Tracy Anderson dvd's so far? I'm looking for some type or structured workout for the duration of my pregnancy that is safe. It's my first so I'm super cautious of everything!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the accountability group idea too

IAmPregnant Ticker  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

October Siggy Challenge- Halloween Fail

• Options
    I was exercising regularly up until about 2 weeks ago. Then every time I exercised I started to feel sick. I want to start exercising again soon. I'll probably wait until next week since I'm getting over being sick now. I got some pregnancy DVDs from the library today. Hopefully I'll like one of them.

I exercised regularly with my second pregnancy. It really helped with the back pain in the second and third trimesters. Hopefully I can stick with it this time too.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    jlworden710jlworden710 member
    edited August 2014
    I've been doing Jamie Eason's livefit. It's a mix of weight and strength training and a little cardio. I did the 12 week program before our wedding and loved it, so I figured it would help make the weeks go by if anything.

Eta: @emilyklooney‌ we did a healthy living accountability check in on ttcal 2x a week, once at the beginning to kinda set a plan, and the end of the week to discuss progress. I did it every once and awhile, but it helps with motivation for sure :)

BFP: 9/21/13 | EDD:5/31/14 | MC confirmed:11/6/13 | D&C:11/12/13
    BFP: 1/14/14 | EDD: 9/21/14 | MC confirmed: 2/3/14 | D&C: 2/4/14
    DX 3/18/14 (Complete) Septate Uterus | Resection 4/22/14
    BFP: 8/5/14 | EDD: 4/19/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I run them already on FB but I would love to start one just for ladies who are preggo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"