February 2015 Moms
Options

UO

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe I'm cheap, but I just don't get why people would pay extra to have an elective ultrasound to find out the sex of their baby. Especially when they are having an ultrasound at their doctor's or midwife's office a few weeks later. Why not just wait until 20 weeks when baby is that much bigger and everything is easier to see? What if at the elective ultrasound they see something wrong with the baby? Are they obligated to tell you or do they just say nothing?
    Normally I'm a splurge type of person, but I agree with you. I feel like they're wrong a lot more often than the AS is, and I don't want to pay extra for someone to make a guess. I'll guess for free. Although I'm feeling really detached from this pregnancy, so maybe I'm just a cold-hearted bitch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married August 2009

BFP#1 12/19/13 * EDD 8/24/14 * MMC Discovered 2/04/14

BFP#2 5/27/14 * EDD 2/8/15 * Please be our rainbow

• Options
    Mrsgclark81Mrsgclark81 member
    edited August 2014

deleted----

• Options
    I am doing the elective ultrasound because... 1. It's $60 and it's in our budget. 2. I looked up a place in the area with awesome reviews and over 99% accuracy. 3. H missed the last appointment and was really bummed he missed the ultrasound. This gives us another opportunity to see the baby. It's something we decided we want to spend money on but if you don't, fine. I decided not to buy an at home doppler, but others did. That's fine too. As long as you determine as a couple what's in the budget, I don't care what you spend your money on.
    I agree, it's whatever you want to spend your money on.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    srcr2011 said:
    I don't want to offend anyone, but my UO, I dont like non-traditional spelling of names. A non unique name spelled to make it uneek. Like Kaleb vs Caleb or Jaxon vs Jackson. Please don't flame me ;;)
    I agree. I'm not a fan of the super trendy names either. The name Hadley comes to mind.  

photo tumblr_mvhtjpmhbh1sg96flo1_r2_500_zpsed277910.gif

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   

• Options

srcr2011 said:

I don't want to offend anyone, but my UO, I dont like non-traditional spelling of names. A non unique name spelled to make it uneek. Like Kaleb vs Caleb or Jaxon vs Jackson. Please don't flame me ;;)

I agree. I'm not a fan of the super trendy names either. The name Hadley comes to mind.  

Me too. I also dislike "places" for names too, like Asia. I like "old", very traditional names.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Thegoodpotato why is the Canadian flag following you? Is this a new Bump thing, or did you somehow add it to your siggy. 

(I want one) 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    @psychobutthead‌ those are some of the most horrible names I have ever seen. Ever. At least she has two Democrats and two republicans.. lol I HATE... no ... LOATHE non traditional spellings like that. Cannot stand it. And then people are offended when I can't spell their child's names. Dont. Just... dont lol Eta.. I cant type on my phone for shit. Lol
    She thinks its funny she named them after presidents and on presidents day she makes a point to take her kids out somewhere special every year. I wish I was making this up.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options

@psychobutthead‌ those are some of the most horrible names I have ever seen. Ever. At least she has two Democrats and two republicans.. lol

I HATE... no ... LOATHE non traditional spellings like that. Cannot stand it. And then people are offended when I can't spell their child's names. Dont. Just... dont lol

Eta.. I cant type on my phone for shit. Lol

She thinks its funny she named them after presidents and on presidents day she makes a point to take her kids out somewhere special every year. I wish I was making this up.

<:-P
    Poor kids! Ugh
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    jaztaz1 said:
    @Thegoodpotato why is the Canadian flag following you? Is this a new Bump thing, or did you somehow add it to your siggy. 

(I want one) 
    You must have missed yesterday where I posted about the flag as well. I thought she had a super fan love titting all of her posts. 
    I did miss it! I missed a lot yesterday lol 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    srcr2011 said:
    @psychobutthead‌ those are some of the most horrible names I have ever seen. Ever. At least she has two Democrats and two republicans.. lol I HATE... no ... LOATHE non traditional spellings like that. Cannot stand it. And then people are offended when I can't spell their child's names. Dont. Just... dont lol Eta.. I cant type on my phone for shit. Lol
    <:-P Poor kids! Ugh
    The last one she wasn't sure if she wanted to keep it or not since it was a boy. Mother of the year. I keep her on fb just to see what she ends up posting.

• Options
    jaztaz1 said:
    jaztaz1 said:

(I want one) 
    You must have missed yesterday where I posted about the flag as well. I thought she had a super fan love titting all of her posts. 
    I did miss it! I missed a lot yesterday lol 
    @jaztaz1 I put it there, but I do like that it looks like someone is following me around giving me love teats. :)

When I'm posting on the tri boards I don't want to have to clarify that I'm talking about a different medical system.

Plus I'm a special snowflake. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Okay I don't know if this should go on UO or FFFC but here goes nothing...

I don't think that parents should force their children into religion at an early age.  Absolutely teach your children about your religion and have them experience it, but teach them about other religions too.  I think that a child growing up believing something is absolutely right or absolutely wrong because their religion tells them so blocks opportunities for them to form some of their own opinions and become empathetic. 

I am not a religious person (mother is a former Catholic and Dad is atheist) but when I was entering my teen years I started studying a lot of different religions.  My mom offered to take my to church is I wanted but also offered to take me to any other religious service I wanted to go to.  Going into my quest for religion with an open mind really helped me to figure out what is important to me morally and forced me to form my own opinions. 

And putting this right here in case anyone misunderstands me - I am NOT anti-religion, I am just an advocate of letting individuals chose their own spiritual path. 
    Interesting thoughts... 
    By teach them other religions, do you mean explain that there are other religions? Or are you saying they should participate and practice other religions?
  • Options

Okay I don't know if this should go on UO or FFFC but here goes nothing...

I don't think that parents should force their children into religion at an early age.  Absolutely teach your children about your religion and have them experience it, but teach them about other religions too.  I think that a child growing up believing something is absolutely right or absolutely wrong because their religion tells them so blocks opportunities for them to form some of their own opinions and become empathetic. 

I am not a religious person (mother is a former Catholic and Dad is atheist) but when I was entering my teen years I started studying a lot of different religions.  My mom offered to take my to church is I wanted but also offered to take me to any other religious service I wanted to go to.  Going into my quest for religion with an open mind really helped me to figure out what is important to me morally and forced me to form my own opinions. 

And putting this right here in case anyone misunderstands me - I am NOT anti-religion, I am just an advocate of letting individuals chose their own spiritual path. 

Totally agree. DH and I are having a hard time with this. We are both Christian, but he thinks our baby is automatically Christian just because we are. He wants to have the baby christened (hello we aren't even catholic) and I don't see the point because the baby will be way to young to understand. He wants us to force our religion down his/her throat and teach the bible as absolute fact. I believe that we should teach all religions in an unbiased way and let him choose because it has to come from himself or it means nothing. And I hope he will make the right choices but if god gave us free will, I believe we should parent that way. I'm honestly afraid our child will rebel from Christianity just because of DH.
    Have you told him you`re afraid of this?

DH and I are both atheist. We dont plan on raising our baby to be anything. It can choose when its older.

• Options
    @jaztaz1‌ I think teaching them about different religions at an age-appropriate level is important. That may mean witnessing a service for a religion or just talking about it in terms that they can understand. For example, instead of "Judaism teaches so and so but we believe this," it could be "Judaism teaches this, what do you think of that?"
    Although I understand that it goes against what most religions practice, I really don't like the idea of young children being full members of a church. Religion is a big, big deal and I think that an individual should have a right to enter into it after they've formed their own opinions.
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options
    It's almost like people want their child to be called the wrong name when they spell it so strange. I bet teachers these days just roll their eyes at name spellings. Worst name I've ever heard spelled was supposed to be shi-theed. The parents spelled it Shithead. The Dr. and nurses urged the family to change it before it was official on the birth certificate.
    WTF is wrong with people?
    I am having UO Deja vu!

on another note that is one of the nicknames my DH uses for our dog (and now sometimes DS) - Shi-Thead!  he thinks it is HILARIOUS!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jaztaz1 said:
    @WanderingA I asked because most devout religious people, see their religion as a way of life not just something they believe in. When something is a way of life to your core, I dont see how one can not raise your children that way or teach them other options. 

This is me and my experience... I was raised a certain way, and when I got of age I completely rebelled. I wanted to explore and learn and understand other things. And now I have my own revelations and interpretations on the way I was raised, and have sort of come full circle. 

I definitely understand teaching tolerance of other religions and anyone that is different in general. I just cant quite grasp from a faith standpoint, teaching multiple things. It may be better in some ways to not teach anything at all, than teach everything. 
    Just wanted to say that I like your quote of the month :)
    "As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen." -Winnie The Pooh

• Options
    @Angelg3134 Ha! Thanks... Its actually time to change it. 
  • Options

Maybe I'm cheap, but I just don't get why people would pay extra to have an elective ultrasound to find out the sex of their baby. Especially when they are having an ultrasound at their doctor's or midwife's office a few weeks later. Why not just wait until 20 weeks when baby is that much bigger and everything is easier to see? What if at the elective ultrasound they see something wrong with the baby? Are they obligated to tell you or do they just say nothing?

I agree. The surprise/waiting element is a kind of fun for me. Plus also, my non elective dating ultrasound and 20 week anatomy scan aren't completely covered by my insurance and are costing me about $250 each so there's no way I'm shelling out more $$ for an elective/extra/3D.
  • Options
    jaztaz1 said:
    @Angelg3134 Ha! Thanks... Its actually time to change it. 
    Damn, I must be blind if that was July's quote LOL.
    "As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen." -Winnie The Pooh

• Options
    UO: I really hate the teen mom series. 

When it started I want to say I was about 17?
    I was pretty much living a lot of what those girls where going through and it makes me angry to watch a single episode. Like raging crazy angry. I guess I have too many bad memories to be able to enjoy the show like others do.

• Options
    srcr2011 said:

DH and I joke about this all the time because my cousin named her son... Wait for it.... Jaxon!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"