eireyeseireyes member
edited July 2014 in April 2014 Moms
DIdn't see it, so lets hear 'em!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it's that weird that body builders and athletes (men) are into drinking breast milk. The sexual aspect is creepy to me, but otherwise I wouldn't judge at all.
  • Options
    GMOs and conventional farming is GOOD! (Haven't seen this uo yet so less stir this baby up!)
  • Options
    @nhermie GMOs have their place in very limited capacity. The way that American farmers are using them (forced to use them) is detrimental to our natural food supply and serves the purpose of feeding big corporate bank accounts and the pockets of the politicians tied to them.

That said, GMOs can be beneficial in countries where food does not grow naturally and the population is starving. The Howard Buffet Foundation, for example, is working on creating wheat and corn seeds that will grow in parts of Africa (The Sudan, Ethiopia, etc), giving the population a food source that will enable and empower them to thrive.

GMOs for cheap shit food though? No way. No way.

Good one to bring up! :-)

I hate when I hear that farmers are forced to use gmos. It's a free market and farmers can choose to use whatever they want. Non gmo seed is commercially available. It is a choice weighed on and a decision made each year as farmers make their cropping plan for the following year. It decreases erosion (by decreasing the need for cultivation for weed control) and decreases the amount if herbicides needed for weed control as well as decreases the use of broad use insecticides. For example, bt corn produces a protein that is lethal to ONLY the target insect as opposed to needing to treat an entire field with an insecticide that could potential harm off target beneficial insects. Also, there have been dramatic increases in yields following the development of gmo crops. Granted, I'm not ignorant enough to believe gmos are the answer to everything, but they are another valuable tool in toolbox and they still need to be used in a correct way. In regards to countries with a poor food supply, it pays to remember that much of the us corn crop is exported to these countries, both as raw crops and as meat. Raised here, but feeding other nations. I am very happy to see that you recognized they have a place and can do some good. I'm excited to see how some of those crops fair in Africa and other countries as Norman borlaughs legacy lives on and the green revolution (the original green revolution) lives on.
  • Options
    RoufiRoufi member

I don't get when I see people on here say something akin to the following:

"My baby sleeps ten hours from 7-5 every night! S/He just wakes to feed at 10:00, 1:00, and 3:00."

Yeah... That's not STTN.

THIS!

Also, I had to bite my tongue not to laugh yesterday. I had a (very nice) sales rep for a heating system yesterday telling me about his week old baby, who apparently sleeps through the night. Bwahahaha!
  • Options

I believe God created me, not millions of years of haphazard evolutionary chance.

I hope this isn't an unpopular opinion... But maybe I'm too sheltered/naive.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You'd be surprised, Dixon!
  • Options
    Good point @dani+california‌ I'm sure social circles have a lot to do with most popular/unpopular opinions.

And it would be curious to see stats on countries.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    J&NLJ&NL member
    Vinny424 said:

I'd much rather be told I need to eat a cheeseburger to get meat on my bones than have a double chin and batwings.

I agree. Same with me but it still gets annoying when all you see is "men are not dogs, they want meat not bones" or whatever other shit is constantly being spat out.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    AprilMay9 said:

I hate the phrase "like a champ"

What about "like a boss"? Lol
  • Options
    Runny eggs are nasty.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really don't like to see a baby in just a diaper only. If you don't have a change of clothes, it's too hot etc. that's understandable. But just to do it..ehh.. X_X
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"