April 2015 Moms
Options

DH doesn't believe me :(

He keeps acting like it's not happening because I did a digital 5 days before my period and it came out negative and the urine test at the Dr came out negative 2 days before my period was due. I've had 5 other tests show positive but that's not enough for him. He's really being a downer on my mood. I told my dad today because we are close and DH says "yea I still don't believe it so we'll see". Ugh vent over

Re: DH doesn't believe me :(

• Options
    How long has it been since you got your positive? MH took a day to process it and didn't really believe it until I turned a digi the following day.

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    A+R=TA+R=T member
    Almost 5 days :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd give him a little time to come around and maybe get a digi and show him that if you haven't already.

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    My h got more excited after seeing a digital. All of a sudden, it will hit him.
    imageimage
  • Options
    A+R=TA+R=T member
    I tried explaining to him that false positives are nearly unheard of and there's no way 6 tests (2 different kinds) would all come up that way! If you ask me it doesn't get more positive than this!
  • Options
    I still vote digital. So the "pregnant" is right in his face. Or you can try an article that says most women can't make a pregnancy test positive until after their missed period. Insist on bloodwork from the doctor to confirm? Or wait.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A+R=TA+R=T member
    The Dr book one because the test came up negative. He just gave me the
  • Options
    A+R=TA+R=T member
    Form for the blood test to confirm but the labs around me are booked until Tuesday
  • Options
    Weird. Labs here don't need appointments. You just walk in and they draw them.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A+R=TA+R=T member
    Omg I'm having typing issues this morning, excuse my fragmented message and that was supposed to say didn't book
  • Options
    A+R=TA+R=T member
    You can walk in here (in Canada) but the wait could be hours and I have a one year old. Could make for a crappy day haha
  • Options
    klmcguireklmcguire member
    edited July 2014
    My husband denied the fact that we were having a boy our entire last half of DS1... His words were the exact same, " I will believe it when I see it!" DUDE, How do you not see that penis on an ultrasound. DUH.

My point was that maybe he is not trying to get his hopes up :) He will believe it when he sees it I guess lol!
  • Options
    That is super frustrating, and honestly he sounds like he is unsupportive. I would tell him that this is a time to try and be joyful and tell that his attitude really hurts my feelings.

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard that men can almost be a whole trimester behind their wife mentally. It just takes longer for the reality of what's happening to set in because they aren't physically experiencing the changes that pregnancy brings.

With that being said, I also agree with @SayAnything84‌ - it might help him if you're open about your feelings! Let him know that you need him to be there with you emotionally in excitement. Or maybe ask him why he's having trouble believing it - is he nervous about being a dad? Because that is a normal thing to be feeling, too, but might be good for him to talk about.
    DD - Born 8/12/13

• Options
    mine also doesn't believe.  I've had 3 positive tests, but I think he will come around after the first US.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I think they're just dense sometimes. I had three faint positives, but I knew that wouldn't be proof enough for my DH. So, I went ahead and bought digital and get the unmistakable "Pregnant". He's been indifferent since, worried about it being our 4th, what is going do to his plans and hopes for the next four years. I am worried too but I can find happiness in it too. After a doctor's appointment, he said, "So you really are pregnant, huh?"

Men. haha
    -Jen 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I am sorry, what's DH mean? Idiot here.... Hahaha
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    That's disappointing :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"