March 2014 Moms
Options

Between sizes

The 0-3 came in handy when newborn became too small and 3 months was way too big, but now that I am starting to get the next size out, 6 months don't seem that huge on LO (she'll be 4 on Saturday).  I need to stock up on some clothes, and just wondering if I should even bother with the in between sizes (3-6, 6-9).  Do you use them or just go to the next month?
Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: Between sizes

• Options
    my little dude has been growing so fast we've been stocking up on things I know are a bit too big for him now but he will grow into soon. every brand is different but for carters stuff, it seems like their onesies run a bit bigger size-wise than the other clothes. so he's in 9 month onesies right now and since they stretch/his trunk doesn't grow as quick as feet/legs, I've been getting 12 month onesies for his next size change. for sleep-n-plays, seriously, they do not make the legs and feet on those things big enough!! I'm only buying 18m+ in those and trying to get long sleeve/pants one pieces but without the feet, so if lo grows at this same rate at least he will be able to fit into them a bit longer than he did the 9m sleepnplays since he can wear socks. the 9m sleepnplays are mostly too small for him now because he can't stretch his legs out enough and the feet are too small. We don't do t-shirts and shorts/pants yet.   :)   soooo I guess to answer your question we just skip to the bigger size. sorry I has too many words for the sharing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Luke can still wear 0-3 Carter's onesies. And 3 month outfits. I have 3-6 that fit a little big, haven't tried any 6 mo yet. I would always get bigger, they will eventually be able to wear them. Thankfully we live in Texss so the summer 6/9 will probably still work in October!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    well to be fair I have Carters that are 6 month and Carters "for me" that are 3-6 months. They do fit differently. We've been in 3-6 month pants now for a week or so. But not quite ready for 6 month yet. And 3 month onesies still fit fine.
  • Options
    Jt7dreamz said:
    I hate to be presumptuous but maybe you're not realizing that when the tag says 6 it means 3-6 months?
    She has mostly Carter's but has a few other brands as well and some of her clothes say 6, some say 3-6....It seemed like most of her 0-3 were smaller than her 3, so I thought there was a slight difference between the two but I guess it's just the difference between brands? 
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Yes to pp 0-3 = 3 months, 3-6 = 6 months, etc. they aren't in between sizes.
  • Options
    lol @ this.... 

from something I learned in retail: when making clothes for people, they use a person with measurements specific for the size they are making to test the fit of the clothes (called a fit model). I'm guessing baby fit models come is such a range of sizes and then grow out of them so quickly that they can't be *super* consistent - especially since all brands and all varieties of brands are using different fit baby models.

hence why carters from kohls (variety of carters) and carters outlet and carters retail are all slightly different. 
  • Options
    I learn so much from you guys...
  • Options
    mamamia866mamamia866 member
    edited July 2014
    babylimas said:

Yes to pp 0-3 = 3 months, 3-6 = 6 months, etc. they aren't in between sizes.

Agreed. Andplusalso, most tags will have coordinating measurements underneath where it says "6 mos" or whatever size you get. If all else fails, stick to that. I'm not buying more than one size up just because I don't know how big he is going to be in the fall. He's fitting into the 3-6 and 6-9 mos range right now, depends on the brand.

Edit to say that by coordinating measurements I mean length and weight.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a fan of companies who put the weight...so muchess confusing

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"