August 2013 Moms
Options

Crawling on hard floors

Now that lo is crawling, that's all he wants to do. We have hard wood all over and tile in the kitchen. On the tile, I hear his legs squeaking from the friction. I picked him play after a few minutes and his knees were all red. Do you use anything for his legs? I tried baby legs, but I'm not sure if it's enough and it's too hot to put it on.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Crawling on hard floors

• Options
    I used nothing. C would even crawl on rocks. Those knees are tough!

• Options
    Maybe his knees are tougher than mine. I know what I stand on my knees during yoga, it's painful.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually just fold her leg warmers in half (sometimes 3 times) over her knees. . I imagine it doesn't feel to good to crawl on hard floor we too have mostly tile.
  • Options
    We haven't done anything for his knees, but we did start putting socks on him all the time since he developed a little blister on the top of his foot from rubbing on the hardwood floors. :( We try to use the socks with gripper bottoms for when he's pulling up to standing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have carpet at our house but half of his DC room has tile floor so we send him to daycare in light pants, not shorts. Daycare is air conditioned so I'm not worried about the temp and I do worry about his little knees.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KMck27KMck27 member
    When he was mainly crawling just let him crawl. We do have area rugs so they may have cushioned it a little. He tries walking more then crawling now, not sure of the hardwood influenced that or not.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We haven't done anything for his knees, but we did start putting socks on him all the time since he developed a little blister on the top of his foot from rubbing on the hardwood floors. :( We try to use the socks with gripper bottoms for when he's pulling up to standing.
    yea, I want to avoid the blisters. socks and baby legs it is

• Options
    We haven't done anything special and have all tile. It's probably a smoother crawl than hard wood so no blister problems here. His knew seem pretty good and crawling anywhere never seems to bother him. I think baby legs would be good for any rug burns or blisters but doesn't really take away from the hard surface.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • Options
    We have hardwood and tile, and haven't done anything special. He usually hangs out in shorts and bare feet or soft sandals, and it hasn't been an issue. We only puts leggings/socks on at my in laws. He gets rug burn from the carpets there.
  • Options
    Meh. I just let her go at it.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She's adjusted...When she goes into the kitchen, she'll crawl on hands and feet
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LO used to get a bit of a rash when crawling on carpet, but her knees seemed to get used to it.

• Options
    I had to put socks on him. I found a blister on his toe

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"