One & Done: Only child
Options

Cartoons

Does your LO like watching cartoons? If so which ones?

At first DS was really into Thomas and Friends but he recently only wants to watch SpongeBob Squarepants.

My early FFFC is that I let him watch it and I enjoy it myself. I have always been a SpongeBob fan.

:\">

our one and only *

DS - 2011

Re: Cartoons

• Options
    jse25 said:
    Dd's top 2 are Dinosaur Train and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. She'll sing all the songs for dinosaur train & most of Daniel Tiger. Other favorites are Word World, Thomas & Friends, and Curious George. She's gotten into watching Shrek 2 (she loves the Puss in Boots character) as her favorite movie and also enjoys any Pixar movie. We only have over the air so she watches PBS mostly and we buy a lot of dvds for her to watch cartoons.
    DS always finds Word World on our iPad on Netflix and watches it too.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    DD loves Bubble Guppies and Yo Gabba Gabba, though it's not a cartoon. Apparently she also likes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... Or so DH says. Lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thomas and friends, Dinosaur train, the cat and the hat, curious George, and wild kratts. He really only watches pbs.
  • Options
    she cycles through shows - she loved daniel tiger, bo on the go, dinosaur train, magic school bus. currently she's into peg and cat.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    It's different every week, practically. He's watched a lot of different shows by now. We don't have cable but we have Netflix and Amazon streaming.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mickey has been a favorite since she was tiny.

Recently she's gotten into Dora pretty hard as well.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    We watch all the PBS shows (except peg + cat, who he has a seething hate for for no good reason) but he has some strange favorites on Netflix. He loves this weird movie called My Friend Bernard that can best be described as when you have a weird dream that doesn't make much sense and you try to tell retell it to someone else. It's Korean but there's no dialogue and the narration is redubbed in English. Bernard is also a regular cartoon that he likes to watch, too. Apparently Bernard is big in South Korea and Spain-- and with my son. He also likes this Finnish cartoon/movie called Police Patrol. Again, it's been redubbed in English over the Finnish. We've watched them both ad nauseum and I find myself begging to watch Thomas instead.

• Options
    DD LOVES cartoons. Her first favorite (technically not a cartoon) was Jack's Big Music Show. She then moved onto Dora and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Today she's into My Little Pony, Spongebob Squarepants, Lazytown, and Wild Kratts.

The other day she told me she doesn't like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse anymore. I died a little inside.

Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    Dora, Bubble Guppies, Peppa Pig, Super Why.

• Options
    Dora, Bubble Guppies, Peppa Pig, Super Why.

I forgot Super Why!! My DD loves that show too!

Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    AgoAgo member
    We don't have cable, we have over the air and Netflix. DD likes Busytown Mysteries ("Hucko"), Guess with Jess, Bo on the Go, My Little Pony (not the new stuff right now, but the older stuff), How to Train Your Dragon shorts on Netflix. I love Peg + Cat, but she is just meh about it right now.
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Options
    Current favorites are Team Umizoomi, Super Why, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Used to love Sesame Street (mostly Elmo) and Thomas the Train but I think he's outgrown those. He watches other things at daycare: Dora, Bubble Guppies (which he pronounces, "Guppie Guppies", hehe), Paw Patrol. He likes Cat in the Hat too but I try to talk him out of that one, it bugs me. I love Peg + Cat too! He liked it for awhile but doesn't want to watch it anymore, dang it! :)
  • Options
    Ago said:
    We don't have cable, we have over the air and Netflix. DD likes Busytown Mysteries ("Hucko"), Guess with Jess, Bo on the Go, My Little Pony (not the new stuff right now, but the older stuff), How to Train Your Dragon shorts on Netflix. I love Peg + Cat, but she is just meh about it right now.
    @ago DD found Bo on the Go on Netflix too and was OBSESSED with it for several months. Is that not the creepiest cartoon ever? Bo's eyes kind of haunt me...and sometimes in the dark of night I can hear her creepy voice saying, "the chamber of dooooooors..."

Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    AgoAgo member
    Ago said:
    @ago DD found Bo on the Go on Netflix too and was OBSESSED with it for several months. Is that not the creepiest cartoon ever? Bo's eyes kind of haunt me...and sometimes in the dark of night I can hear her creepy voice saying, "the chamber of dooooooors..."
    Haha!  I don't stick around much for it, but yes, her eyes are creepy!  Every once in a while when I'm helping DD with something she wants me to do, she says "You're doing it!  You're helping me!  I can feel your energy!"
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Options
    Current favorites are Team Umizoomi, Super Why, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Used to love Sesame Street (mostly Elmo) and Thomas the Train but I think he's outgrown those. He watches other things at daycare: Dora, Bubble Guppies (which he pronounces, "Guppie Guppies", hehe), Paw Patrol. He likes Cat in the Hat too but I try to talk him out of that one, it bugs me. I love Peg + Cat too! He liked it for awhile but doesn't want to watch it anymore, dang it! :)

DS says Bubble Gumpies.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"