January 2014 Moms
Options

PP periods

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited July 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Did AF come by for a visit yet?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

PP periods 146 votes

I got AF regularly after birth...the worst!
5% 8 votes
I didn't get AF back yet (*knock on wood*)
50% 74 votes
I got it back 2-3 mo PP
19% 28 votes
I got it 4-5 mo PP
8% 12 votes
It came back 6-7 mo PP...so recently...booo
4% 6 votes
I'm on BC and I don't plan on getting it back!...suckers!
10% 15 votes
SS
2% 3 votes

Re: PP periods

• Options
    MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
    edited July 2014
    Not yet...I just jinxed myself doing this poll. Freaking spellcheck wrote pole. Stooopid

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    Think it just started this cycle. I've been lightly bleeding this whole time. I am on progesterone  now to try and clean everything out so I took them for 14 days and stopped to start my period and will start progesterone again in another 14 days but I still bf. Can't wait for my body to regulate whether it is a monthly period or it holds off some while bf. 

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not yet, but I had some aching in the ovary area a few days ago that was reminiscent of ovulating, so maybe soon. Could have been anything though, so we'll see.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    I got mine back around 8-9 weeks.. such a bummer but I'm going next week to get the mirena. @esd do you like it? And did you have any side effects? We just got engaged and are getting married November next year so we decided the mirena would be nice because I don't really want to be pregnant at my wedding. We will probably take it out right after.

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Nope. No estrogen in sight here with my hyperlactation, one perk i guess. I have the ovaries (And vagina) of a post menopausal woman. So. Dry. Want. To. Die.

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• Options
    I had pp bleeding until 9 weeks... And then got my first pp period at 11-12 weeks pp. Awesome. I have had 4 so far and I EBF. Boo.
  • Options
    I mentioned this in the last motn thread, but I'm hoping to keep af away by ebf on demand.

I still fed on demand with my other 2 but was pumping because of work and my cycle came back about 7-8 months pp.

I really want to keep it away and I'm hoping that since I don't have to pump (off for the summer) that it won't come back at 7-8 months.

I've been talking about getting nexplanon (arm implant) because Mirena did not work for me. My dr couldn't get it placed at 11 weeks pp. I just hate how I feel with hormonal bc so I've been putting it off. I've really been toying with tta.

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    DS is still EBF and I have not had a period. I did however get Mirena but have yet to have any type of bleeding besides after it was inserted. 

Does anyone else hate the term AF? It bothers me for some reason.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Not yet, hopefully this doesn't jinx me. Not looking forward to her return.
  • Options
    I hate AF, but I used it in the OP bc it's the universal bump term. I prefer period, but even hate that word.

• Options
    peanutmusepeanutmuse member
    edited July 2014
    @ccip82‌ -- even more than I hate the abbreviation AF, I hate it being personified.
  • Options
    I haven't gotten it back since the day I stopped bleeding for 11 weeks after birth.
  • Options
    Pretty sure I'm jinxing myself- but I EBF and haven't had that lovely visit as of yet; Fully expecting it once LO solids.

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I'm an EBFing and co sleeping mama who got her period back at 8wks (spotting) and full on at 12wks. I'm like clockwork - every 28days:/

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited July 2014
    No AF yet, knock on wood. I'm still breastfeeding/pumping and I'm on the mini pill.
    Edit: I don't like calling it period! They both just sound terrible. Ick.
  • Options
    No AF yet, knock on wood. I'm still breastfeeding/pumping and I'm on the mini pill. Edit: I don't like calling it period! They both just sound terrible. Ick.
    This is me too. Just let a week lapse on the mini pill, though, because I was out of town and didn't pick up scrip from CVS. Oops. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    @peanutmuse

The personification is the worst.

Warning: This thread is bad luck. I got my first PP period this morning. WTF @MiaMyPuggle ....

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82 said:

@peanutmuse

Warning: This thread is bad luck. I got my first PP period this morning. WTF @MiaMyPuggle ....
    NO! NO! NO! I hope I didn't jinx myself too!!

• Options
    I marked 4-5 months but mine was right before 4 months (there wasn't a 3-4 option) it's pretty much the same as pre baby AF. I definitely did not miss not having it for over a year.
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm surprised that 21% of us got our periods after only 2-3 months and I believe a large portion of that includes EBFs like me. It's a total drag!
    Is your period heavier than it used to be? After post-section hemmoraging (retained tissue in my uterus) I had about 8 weeks reprieve and then I got my period and it's super heavy, boo!

• Options
    @Arya808 I take More Milk Plus and Fenugreek. They help a ton!

• Options
    ccip82 said:
    @peanutmuse

Son of a bitch...my fault....I had bad cramps this morning and felt crappy for the past few days....it's coming. My apologies. 

• Options
    I EBF and I haven't gotten it yet. Im hoping it'll stay away until I wean them. I do keep using it as an excuse for things though, man I'm bloated, probably getting my period soon. Man Im in a bad mood, probably getting my period soon. haha

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"