December 2014 Moms
Options

Placenta Previa

I just saw the doctor today and she said that my placenta is completely covering my cervix.  She said not to be overly worried about it because it could move as my uterus grows, but I can't stop thinking about it.  She did say that if it didn't that sex would be a no no after 24 weeks and I would need to continue to be monitored and if it stayed there then I would need a c-section at 37 weeks.  I did some research when I got home and found that it is likely to move when seen this early (18 weeks) but its less likely to move when it is completely covering, which mine is.

Anyone else going through this or had this in a previous pregnancy?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Placenta Previa

• Options

I don't have any advice, but I hope it resolves itself! One thing I've definitely learned with all of my pregnancy drama so far is to step far, far away from Goo.gle. Just do it! It had me so worried for no reason. Dr. Goo.gle is not our friend.

In all seriousness, I have heard of lots of women having this issue this early and it fixing itself. Praying that it happens for you, too!!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    No I don't but my mom had it completely covering when she was pregnant with me, I agree to stay away from Dr Google
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We found out I had partial coverage at 13 weeks. I'm crossing my fingers for my 20 week appointment. My midwife said that it normally just resolves itself later on. I was put on light rest (a step up from bed rest) and I'm not allowed to pick up anything over 15 pounds. I swear the people who make up these rules, never had a toddler...
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options
    Yup, and it moved, as my doctor said happens in more than 90% of cases. Try not to worry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes I've been told no sex or lifting over ten lbs since week 12.... I'm only at week 17 and have to wait until week 20 to see if it's moved. I've been very upset over it. So I feel ya. Hang in there ;)
  • Options
    I had it early in my last pregnancy and it had resolved itself by the third trimester. It's really common to have and usually moves out of the way.

• Options
    I'm sorry it's stressing you out. I know it is not uncommon at this stage, and that it resolves itself the vast majority of the time. Hope you can relax about it a bit, and that it wiggles out of the way soon!
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Options

I had it early in my last pregnancy and it had resolved itself by the third trimester. It's really common to have and usually moves out of the way.

Same for me. During that time I was on pelvic rest. No sex. Or as my midwife put it - nothing up there :)

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Options
    NELSMDNELSMD member
    I was also told I had partial coverage at 12 weeks, but was told it probably would correct itself. Ive stayed off google, but now Im interested what all the horrors are about. I figured it was no big deal :/
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• Options
    I hope yours moves. I have a partial PP and both my OB and MFM are confident it will move. Let's hope it does for everyone dealing with this.
  • Options
    I had partial placenta previa at a 15 week ultrasound and it had totally resolved itself by the 16 week ultrasound. It almost always does when diagnosed this early. **fingers crossed** for yours to get a move on!
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sugarstar1784sugarstar1784 member
    edited July 2014
    I have this... First seen at 16 weeks, wasn't looking too bad. Then at 18 weeks it's really settled down there... According to the docs, it's wrapped around the bottom part of my uterus, making it unlikely to move. That being said, a lot of ppl have it at this stage, and a lot of people's move...according to doctors. 
    ETA: It is complete coverage
    *Said goodbye to our angel baby July 30. 2014. only had him for 21 weeks in my belly, missing him every day*
  • Options
    The ultrasound tech alerted me to this at my cervix check on Wednesday.  It's also anterior (not sure if that is always one & the same or not).  She did say she thinks it will move but if not, c-section. 

I hope it does - I would love a natural birth (as I posted when I started the birth method thread last week).  But, at the end of the day - all I care is that baby boy come out in the healthiest way possible.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"