May 2012 Moms
Options

What Baby Carrier Did You Love?

I figured I would ask this question over here instead of my new BMB because you ladies have experience.

We are expecting baby #2 and I want to get a carrier for him. I had a Baby Bjorn with DS and hated it. It put weird pressure at the base of my neck and gave me a headache after a few minutes. DS wasn't a big fan of it either, not sure why.

The ones that are one long piece of fabric have always intimidated me because I worry that I won't do them right. If they are the best, though, I guess I can work through it.

Re: What Baby Carrier Did You Love?

• Options

I would love to know this too. I also had a Baby Bjorn and it worked fine for short trips and only between 5-9 months. I want one that is long lasting and comfortable.

I also have a K'Tan which was real nice for the infant stage, and I'll be using it again for the beginning months. I felt like it wasn't that helpful for the older months.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    The bijorn is not a good carrier which is why you didn't like it, it's a baby dangler do not good support for lo and no good support for you!

I loved the moby but the mi tie, or infintino version of it are good carriers for people who don't want to wrap. Also a lot of people love the ergo but you need the infant insert for that one when they're brand new. I admin our local baby wearing FB page so I hear the good the bad and the ugly about a lot of carriers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like my ergo sport a lot, but I will caution you that unless you have a long torso like I do, to get a regular ergo.  The ergo sport lacks a pocket for your stuff like your keys and is a pain to use in the back carry since it dangles so low.  I got the sport because my husband is 6'3" and I have a long torso so we could both use it, but I ended up using it the most since dh has such broad shoulders that I'd have to readjust it after any time he used it, or it'd fall off of me.

I think I'd be happy with any similar style carrier, I don't think the ergo is the only carrier of that style, I've even seen one of another brand that is for toddlers, I forget what it's called though.
  • Options
    I did a 3 week carrier trial at my local green baby store and LOVE my Boba. It's wonderful. Comfortable for both of us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    We have the ergo and we love it! Still wear J occasionally. Also had the moby when he was a newbie but he hated being in it so we will probably try something else with baby # 2 come January
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I love my Gracie and Sam mei tai! I still use it for DD and it's not complicated at all! I have the "linen luxe" model and it's great for hot weather, I wore DD strawberry picking last week and when she got tired of walking the other day. It's been 30 C here with the humidity which is freakin hot in my opinion. Both times I found it light and airy and I wasn't nearly as sweaty as I get when I use my woven wrap, woven wraps are fantastic once you get past the learning curve but if you are looking for something easy, comfortable, and that will last a long time I HIGHLY recommend the linen mei tai by Gracie and Sam on etsy. Worth every penny (not that expensive) and Valerie, the vendor, is wonderful to deal with.
  • Options
    I love my Ergo. We have the organic one. We didn't have the infant insert so we waited a while before we used it. I will definitely get the insert if/when we get KU (we're trying)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Boba here!

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    If I weren't done having babies I would get a boba 3G! Birth to 45lbs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.