December 2014 Moms
Options

Opinions. Let's get unpopular.

Come on ladies, let your freak flag fly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Opinions. Let's get unpopular.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mlee116 said:
    I am tired of the name Grace being used as a MN.  It's a fine name, but it is just so overdone.  At this point when I hear people use it, I think of it as just a filler name and I assume their parents aren't very creative.  It sounds just as common as "and" or "the" to me.  

Im with you on this one... I refused any and all popular girl middle name suggestions including but not limited to: Grace, Rose, Anne, Leigh/Lee, Lynn, Mary/Maria, Marie (even though it is my own middle name) and probably many more that I cannot recall at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with people using these as middle names, but I just cant do it.
  • Options
    amr196 said:
    I'm not a fan of Luke Bryan. I think he's too over played on the radio and I don't think he's sexy
    saw him last summer as part of a concert series FI and I bought tickets to, entire crowd was 13 year old girls with their PARENTS dressed in shorts so short their butts were hanging out and belly shirts. He then proceeded to get so wasted on stage that he couldn't remember his own lyrics. That absolutely killed him for me, after his last album started digging his grave. FI's brother and sister in law bought his 8 year old niece tickets to see him for her birthday, all I could do was roll my eyes. She started crying a la belibers and one directioners.

My UO, I can't stand little girls between ages 6-13. I think they overreact to everything, everything they like is cheesy, and they're just obnoxious. FI's niece was very loudly pretending to be a monkey in the pool yesterday and hanging onto him, and unlike her father I thought it was just annoying, nothing cute about it.

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Mikesfan said:
    I have no desire to watch Orange is the New Black. Or Games of Thrones. Or Walking Dead.  :\">

:-O :|

You will live unhappily. 

It is known. 
    I know...I just have no drive to turn it on. If I ever do, I will kick myself for waiting so long...I did that with Breaking Bad and wish I sampled that awesomeness from the beginning and not on a NetFlix binge.

Pregnancy Ticker

Joanna (30) Michael (31) 
    Twin sons born June 2009 after 1 Year ART, 
    Anthony and Brandon 6/25/09 
    Trying for #3 for 2 years
    IUI #10- BFP! m/c 2/23/2014 

• Options
     I refused any and all popular girl middle name suggestions including but not limited to: Grace, Rose, Anne, Leigh/Lee, Lynn, Mary/Maria, Marie (even though it is my own middle name) and probably many more that I cannot recall at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with people using these as middle names, but I just cant do it.

lol I'm using Rose as a middle name if I have a girl. Shirley Rose. Don't get me wrong, Rose is a nice name, but we don't need 2 people with the first name of Rose in my household.

DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    brittandjpbrittandjp member
    edited July 2014
    mlee116 said:
    I am tired of the name Grace being used as a MN.  It's a fine name, but it is just so overdone.  At this point when I hear people use it, I think of it as just a filler name and I assume their parents aren't very creative.  It sounds just as common as "and" or "the" to me.  

DD's middle name is Grace and I wouldn't have it any other way. My middle name is Faith and we wanted something that would continue with that theme (if this peanut is a girl, we'll likely do the same).

I do feel this way about Lynn, Anne, and Marie though. The reason is often well it was soandso's middle or first name. Yeah, well it was 1:5 names used for first and middle names over the last 100 years. Of course it is.

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I don't usually participate and this may be too political, but it has been really bothering me that people have no problem calling the children (or anyone for that matter) that have crossed the border into the USA "illegals." I think this term is dehumanizing and it makes me very sad to hear people so quick to judge and condemn people without taking the time to appreciate what a challenging situation this really is. I guess flame away.
    In the political science / academic world the proper term is "undocumented immigrants". I agree with this. While a behavior can be illegal, a human being cannot. Also, Glenn Beck is handing out teddy bears and food to children on the border right now. 

My UO: I think cats are really, really gross. Allowing an animal to poop in your house? Ick! Not only that, they walk through the litter box, then jump up on your kitchen table or counters. Double ick! (saying this as someone whose husband brought a cat into the marriage, cat has since died, we aren't getting another). 
    YES!!!!!! I am not a cat fan at all.
  • Options
    MaineMamaMaineMama member
    edited July 2014

My UO- I cant stand when people (over the age of 10ish) cry and carry on when they are injured. Suck it up buttercup. I come from a family of "stiff upper lip-ers". Just put somewhat of a smile on your face and say you are fine until you are in a private area thankyouverymuch. My father has severe PSTD form both childhood abuse and Desert Storm, and we learned from a very young age that crying and carrying on just made the situation a million times worse because he somehow can make it into HIS fault that someone else randomly got hurt, and go into a spiral.

TL;DR- Quit'cher bitchin.

EDIT- to add, My fathers PTSD never has affected us in a negative way, EVER and we were never told to not cry or told it was bad to be upset about things. Crying just not something that is given any attention to in our family, so carrying on is pointless :)

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Options
    Krisx2Krisx2 member
    edited July 2014
    I don't get the new Younique trend with the 3D fiber lashes. I think they look like shit.

Eh, I like them if they are done nicely. I want to have some, but my lashes are really light and I don't like the idea of not being able to use mascara with them. Plus, ain't nobody got money for that.

I apparently have no idea what I'm talking about. I was referring to something else entirely. I just want pretty lashes damn it. **cries in corner with non waterproof mascara running down cheeks**

DS born 12/29/14

• Options
    @mainemama I absolutely agree. Last summer one of the boys in my parents neighborhood got rat-tailed in the balls and screamed so loud that I could hear him from up the hill, inside my parents house with the windows closed. It was so bad I thought someone had just been hit by a car or broken a major bone. I ran down to find that no that wasn't the case and his mother was in the roadway with him comforting him as he rolled around crying. Oh did I mention he was 14 at the time?  8-|

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't like bacon. At all.
    I can literally feel my arteries clogging just thinking about it.
  • Options
    Krisx2 said:
    I don't get the new Younique trend with the 3D fiber lashes. I think they look like shit.

Eh, I like them if they are done nicely. I want to have some, but my lashes are really light and I don't like the idea of not being able to use mascara with them. Plus, ain't nobody got money for that.

I apparently have no idea what I'm talking about. I was referring to something else entirely. I just want pretty lashes damn it. **cries in corner with non waterproof mascara running down cheeks**

If you're referring to the actual fake lashes you get put on by a technician, yes! I want those too. Good quality ones in my area reach to the $200+ budget, not including the 4-6 week upkeep. If I had the money to do it, I'd be ALL over those lashes. I've seen them done so well that you don't even need mascara.

These Younique ones are different. It's like a fiber mascara. It looks like crap. Google image them. Younique is one of those work from home sell online party type companies.

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Bruno Mars is okay.... But Drake has to go! Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I just can't!

I love Bruno Mars and I like ONE drake song. I'm mostly agreeing with you on this.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Krisx2Krisx2 member
    melkeeney said:
    I know mine is going to be a VERY UO... I am tired of reading post and having peoples throats jumped down because they said a gender reveal party. I agree that it is the sex of the baby they are finding out, however, people just don't call then "sex reveal parties". Even the Bump calls them gender reveals. Telling every person that "here we use SEX" is rude to me. We all get it. I belong to a play group that has a transgendered child and I get it. I a very understanding person and would never say anything to put someone down. It is just irritating to have peoples questions not answered because some are too busy correcting them. Ok rant over...

Eye roll. What "gender reveal" question is so pressing and not getting answered? What shade of pink frosting to use in your cupcake?

A couple of people being informative and trying to change a misguided norm is hardly rude. I'm sure there are still plenty of on topic responses to pick through even though the most USEFUL responses are those clarifying sex vs. gender IMHO.

DS born 12/29/14

• Options
    @PugLife5869 no skinny jeanss!!! OMGoodness... I cant even fathom a life without them lol
    @STracy91 dont eat bacon? Can those words even be in the same sentence :-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    mcr957 said:

With all the baby rumor buzz about Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes, I'll admit that I don't find him particularly attractive. 

Agreed!! I'm confused by all the gosling lusting :)
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Options
    UO: I turn the radio off when anything Bruno Mars does comes on. He just doesn't do it for me, and I think he's waaaay overplayed. I do the same thing with the Pharrell song "Happy". It makes me very unhappy.
    I love Bruno Mars but 100% agree with the fact that his hits are way way overplayed. If I choose to listen to him, I usually pick a song from one of his older albums that hasn't been ruined by popular radio.
  • Options
    SO agree. Let everyone just be honest. We'd be better off.
  • Options
    I'm sick and tired of people who get offended. Seriously it seems that everyone takes offense to every little thing these days. Everything has to be PC and carefully worded so as not to piss anyone off. Honestly if you can't tell that what Im saying was meant in a non-hurtful way then be offended and please don't talk to me. Life is too short to walk around being offended by everything. 

I hate technology today. I was agreeing with this post. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"