December 2014 Moms
Options

EC

I know the general consensus across the bump (I searched before posting) about elimination communication tends to be "ain't nobody got time for that", but I want to know if any of our D14 ladies have done it with their other kids or are planning to with this new LO?

D14 June. Favorite TV Dad(s).image
12/31/13: BF Proposes
2/14: First month off OCP, cuz, hey, why not? He put a ring on it.
3/31/14: POAS: BFP!
6/21/14: It only looks like a shotgun wedding.
12/09/14: EDD

Why just plan a wedding when you can plan a baby AND a wedding?

Re: EC

• Options
    We started late at 12m. X was exclusively pooping in the potty at 15m and out of day diapers at 18m. We were done with night diapers at 2.

We will be starting much earlier with the next one :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Would never. DS was potty trained closer to 3, but he was ready and it was very simple. We had tried about a year earlier and it just was more work for us with clean up.

Our ped told us that if it's more work for us, he's not ready. Also, if he is wearing nighttime diapers, he's not really potty trained and his body isn't ready.

I'm the type of parent that picks my battles. Potty training isn't something that "I" need to be ready for. It's not up to me. It's up to the child and his/her own development, which may be drastically different for each child. Our potty training experience was very/no stress for all of us. I tend to like things that way, so we'll not stress this LO out about using the potty either.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    One question on EC (and I'm sure I can google this...) Do you need to be home mostly with your LO? I'll be returning to work around 3 months, so I'm not sure I'd be able to do this...
  • Options
    I just wanted to add that to me EC was not just about potty training early. It is just another way to listen to your child and communicate with them about their needs. Kids don't want to sit in their poop and pee and they will tell you when they need to go with their own subtle cues. It is not about forcing them to go potty when they don't want to. If they resist you back off or it will backfire. It is also not all or nothing. You can do it part time or start and stop when you want or have time. It is an alternative to diapering. My son did PT earlier than some and I think EC had a lot to go with it but ultimately it was up to him to make the choice to do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will not be doing it, but I know several with great success doing it. I think there are great FB groups that can be a good support system.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"