What do you all think of.... — The Bump
February 2013 Moms

What do you all think of....

RosebeanRosebean member
250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Third Anniversary
edited June 2014 in February 2013 Moms
It's so funny... I am not normally a "what do you think of this name" kind of gal... but DH had brought up the name Perla the other day. I was thinking to spell it Pearla if we go for it... but now I am toggling. What do you ladies think for spelling? And please, if you don't like the name or have a strong hatred for it (I know not all names are everyone's style), I would politely ask you to just smile and move onto another post. I hate hate hate the names board for that reason, which is why I am posting this here with a community I know better. IRL, I wouldn't even bring this up with my friends or family because we keep names to ourselves until LO is born... :)

TIA! 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What do you all think of....

• I love that name, its beautiful! I also vote Perla.
  • I agree Perla. I like it! It sounds elegant and classic.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

•     
  • Another Perla. Super pretty. 
  • When I see Pearla, it looks pretty, but in my head I say "pear-la" (like the fruit). Perla is a cute name!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

[Deleted User]
  •     
  • I vote Perla purely because I would foresee people incorrectly trying to pronounce it Pear-luh instead of Pearl-uh
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Gotcha on the Pear-la! haha! I never thought of it like that at all. And now it's stuck in my head... :) 

It's really funny, because I love the name Maisie, but DH won't let me use that name if we have a girl because it reminds him of a horse (spelled Mazie) from the farm. I refuse to tell him that I used to know an Icelandic Horse named Perla in case this is the one! If I had my way, it would be Maisie all the way, but this may be a pretty close second. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •     
  • I love Maisie! But I named my Scottie Maisie. ;)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Rosebean
  • I like Pearla-- more feminine!
    wifeofadam
  •     
  • I like it. It does sort of sound like an old lady name to me, but a beautiful, sophisticated, classy old lady name lol 

[Deleted User]Rosebean
  • This is funny.  We live in front of a graveyard now and go walking back there every night.  I love looking at the names on the old stones.  Just last week I commented to DH about the name Pearl and how you never hear it anymore.  I actually love the name.

I would go with Pearla so she could shorten it to Pearl and use it as a nickname if she wanted to.  Perla just looks off to me for some reason.