February 2013 Moms
Options

What do you all think of....

RosebeanRosebean member
edited June 2014 in February 2013 Moms
It's so funny... I am not normally a "what do you think of this name" kind of gal... but DH had brought up the name Perla the other day. I was thinking to spell it Pearla if we go for it... but now I am toggling. What do you ladies think for spelling? And please, if you don't like the name or have a strong hatred for it (I know not all names are everyone's style), I would politely ask you to just smile and move onto another post. I hate hate hate the names board for that reason, which is why I am posting this here with a community I know better. IRL, I wouldn't even bring this up with my friends or family because we keep names to ourselves until LO is born... :)

TIA! 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What do you all think of....

• Options
    I love that name, its beautiful! I also vote Perla.
  • Options
    I agree Perla. I like it! It sounds elegant and classic.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Another Perla. Super pretty. 
  • Options
    When I see Pearla, it looks pretty, but in my head I say "pear-la" (like the fruit). Perla is a cute name!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I vote Perla purely because I would foresee people incorrectly trying to pronounce it Pear-luh instead of Pearl-uh
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    Gotcha on the Pear-la! haha! I never thought of it like that at all. And now it's stuck in my head... :) 

It's really funny, because I love the name Maisie, but DH won't let me use that name if we have a girl because it reminds him of a horse (spelled Mazie) from the farm. I refuse to tell him that I used to know an Icelandic Horse named Perla in case this is the one! If I had my way, it would be Maisie all the way, but this may be a pretty close second. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Maisie! But I named my Scottie Maisie. ;)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I like Pearla-- more feminine!
  • Options
    I like it. It does sort of sound like an old lady name to me, but a beautiful, sophisticated, classy old lady name lol 

• Options
    This is funny.  We live in front of a graveyard now and go walking back there every night.  I love looking at the names on the old stones.  Just last week I commented to DH about the name Pearl and how you never hear it anymore.  I actually love the name.

I would go with Pearla so she could shorten it to Pearl and use it as a nickname if she wanted to.  Perla just looks off to me for some reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"