TTC after 35

Let's Play: 3 Truths and a Lie

2»

Re: Let's Play: 3 Truths and a Lie

• edited July 2014
    @KirstenAlecia‌ I am going to guess #4, too and @marijaa333‌ I will also guess #2.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Ours was the "family entertainment" stage, so lots of kids dancing and general hilarity ensued every night. Picture something like this, except with fewer Koreans, LOL:

(WARNING: EXCESSIVELY CHEESY VIDEO FOLLOWS)

We actually performed Under the Sea often on request.... You can't really take yourself very seriously or be in a bad mood after signing in fake Jamaican accents so it was great fun.

And I don't sing nearly well enough to make a career of it, although I love doing it and am generally a music obsessive!

As for #2- ERRRRRR!!! again. I have indeed lived in 10 cities and at 25 addresses (we moved seven times by the time I was 14 in the city where I grew up out of necessity--we were renters and did a lot of stints in homes of people who worked abroad for a year or two). Later, I just picked up the pace from there, but definitely as a choice. As a result, I don't tend to hoard stuff, and don't think it's a big deal to move to a new place at all (in fact, we're house-hunting now and the idea of staying in the same house for 10+ years seems terrifying). On the flip side, I value relationships over everything else and need old friends to ground me no matter where I am... Not sure what I'd do without the Internet and Skype!

@mdogan29 I hear you on wanting to lose a few pounds. I'm not overweight, would just like to get rid of 5 lbs I gained as a grad student, and it's SO HARD. I am so impressed when people lose 50+ lbs and seriously don't know how they do it... 
  • Loading the player...
  • TAT2MAMITAT2MAMI member
    edited July 2014
    *edited because it formatted really wierd! :/
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• So sorry to be late to the game! @lgsdesigner‌ - You come up with the funnest stuff to keep this board going and to distract us all a bit from the reason why we're on this board! So thank you for that! Okay! Here goes!! :) 1. I am 1st generation to be born in the U.S. Both of my parents are from Mexico. My first language was Spanish. 2. I have one older brother who is 3 years older than me. He is my only sibling. 3. I love reptiles and have always wanted a snake. 4. I met my DH in 7th grade and started dating him in 9th grade.

• mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited July 2014
    @marijaa333 - that's awesome! :) The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie, so I love that song. We actually performed Under The Sea for a season in marching band and I enjoyed that too!  My DH thinks I sing pretty well, but I'm too shy to ever sing in front of anyone but my family... I tried acting in college and it went horribly wrong, I was fine @ rehearsals, but at the live shows (and even w/ bit parts) no one could hear me and I always turned as red as a beet! But I had no problem performing in band -- maybe because we were a group. Who knows?  ... I'm going to let other people guess yours! :)  ... Well, once I found out I had hypothyroidism, I thought maybe with meds I'd start losing weight. Dr. has me on such a restricted diet now, I'm going to the gym and still not losing... so I think unless I just do like my brother did --- eat chicken & broccoli every day for a year --- it's not going to happen! He lost 85lbs in just over a year and has kept it off for 2 years now! He's hardly ever hungry and gets full so fast now.

@TAT2MAMI - hmmm... you may be being sneaky, but I'm going to guess #3 ;)

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mdogan29 Wow, 85 lbs! Amazing, however he did it. 

@tat2mami I'm going to guess #4!
  • @Tat2mami Im guessing #4

@marijaa333 Im gonna say #3 i believe you would punch a man who deserves it! 

OHHHHH YOU GUYS ARE GOOD…

#1. I DID run around at the end of the night catching frogs…..one got lost in my huge pile of tulle like dress. By the end of the night i needed to do something i thought was fun to distract me from the disaster that it was! 

#2. My Husband DID miss most of our party. By ceremony time our wedding party was largely smashed…….in a fun way. However by the start of the reception my brother in law was sooooo drunk he tossed my nephew up and failed to catch him on the dance floor….resulting in a dropped toddler. BIL felt so guilty he ran off. We all knew he was really drunk and did not drive. We were married in the mountains……my husband and his much of his family spent the remainder of the evening (about an hour after the reception started) looking for his drunk passed out ass in ditched and surrounding fields and streets.

#3 I did almost call off my wedding.  3 months before my day my brother almost died of a STAFF infection/MRSA in his lungs that took all but 33% of his lung capacity. He was on life support in ICU for 3 weeks and we were not sure he would live. Miraculously he is alive (they don't know how) and he walked me down the aisle and gave me away along with my dad and other 2 brothers. He is on oxygen the rest of his life (he is only 34) but he is here…..he is my best friend. 

#4. None of my sister in laws made me day hell….they were all awesome! lol <-----THE LIE

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited July 2014
    @KirstenAlecia that must have been quite the roller coasted ride with your brother. So glad to hear he pulled through and was even able to walk you down the isle!

And yes, I've been outed too! Indeed, I have NOT driven a Tesla, although I'd love to someday soon.

• @marijaa333 --- I knew you punched a man in the face! Hahaha! Not sure why, but just knew it - you are hilarious! ;)

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • To be clear, I don't normally like to hurt people, but this guy deserved it. We were at a club dancing, and he was grabbing girls he didn't know in rather inappropriate ways, and then pretending it wasn't him. He would just go for a grab/pinch and then continue dancing like nothing happened. I didn't see it happening at first but a friend in our group shrieked when he did it to her. Five minutes later, I felt a really painful pinch on my thigh, at which point I just swung around instinctively and hit him pretty hard in the jaw. He ended up disappearing after that but we certainly never went back to that club. To this day I regret not reporting him to the bouncer.
  • @mdogan29 - You guessed it right!  Number 3 was my life. I do NOT love reptiles and I do NOT wish I had a snake. Quite the opposite. I am deathly afraid of snakes. I will look away if they are on TV!

The others tales I told are true. Both of my parents are from Michoacan, Mexico.
    I met my DH in 7th grade and we started dating in 9th. We got married when I was 26.
    And I only have one sibling. My brother who is 3 years older than me. ;)

• @KirstenAlecia that must have been quite the roller coasted ride with your brother. So glad to hear he pulled through and was even able to walk you down the isle!

And yes, I've been outed too! Indeed, I have NOT driven a Tesla, although I'd love to someday soon.

It truly was a roller coaster ride. All wedding plans stopped while i spent every minute in the hospital by his side and then caring for him at home while he learned how to walk and move again. It was rough and my wedding details suffered greatly but at the end of the day…..wedding details mattered not…….my brother was there. He is doing well being a dad, a brother and even married his girlfriend last year……..life is good! 

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• @KristenAlecia your wedding was much more of a roller coaster ride than mine was. So happy ur brother pulled thought and was able to walk u down the aisle. My horror was 2 weeks b4 my wedding my brother and his friend was driving fast on a highway her in Long Island. My brother lost control of his car, he said the car flipped over about 3 times, then finally landed in between trees and bushes. He was extremely lucky. He had a few scratches a deep wound on his arm and a fractured pelvis. He was discharged from the hospital a few days b4 my wedding & was able to still be a groomsmen.
  • C_Girlie said:
    @KristenAlecia your wedding was much more of a roller coaster ride than mine was. So happy ur brother pulled thought and was able to walk u down the aisle. My horror was 2 weeks b4 my wedding my brother and his friend was driving fast on a highway her in Long Island. My brother lost control of his car, he said the car flipped over about 3 times, then finally landed in between trees and bushes. He was extremely lucky. He had a few scratches a deep wound on his arm and a fractured pelvis. He was discharged from the hospital a few days b4 my wedding & was able to still be a groomsmen.
    ugh the luck some have!!!! Glad your brother is ok too!!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"