TTC after 35
Options

Let's Play: 3 Truths and a Lie

Think of three rather odd or unbelievable events or truths about your life, and add in one lie. People shall guess which is the lie.

Annnnd go!

Mine:

1) I died three times and survived.
2) My middle name is a boy's name.
3) I skydived with Marky Mark (Mark Wahlberg).
4) I have a sixth sense.

Re: Let's Play: 3 Truths and a Lie

• Options
    I'm guessing #2 is the lie for @lgsdesigner

1. I got married in Vegas, by an Elvis impersonator.
    2. I don't know how to drive.
    3. By the time I was four, I had lived in Australia, Florida, Louisiana and California. My accent was so strange that I was put in speech therapy.
    4. My ancestor invented the Cherokee alphabet.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    @Austrogermokee- Nope. It's a truth. My middle name is Gale which is the male spelling of Gayle.

Let's see, Austro. I am going to say #1 is the lie. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope! Try again.

And my second guess for you is #1.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    @Austrogermokee- #2?

#1 is the truth. I was born with a severe sodium deficiency, and died three times while in the NICU.
  • Options

cute game!

lgsdesigner  number 3 you did not sky dive with Marky Mark

Austrogermokee I'm guessing number 1 bc the others sound so crazy

1. I have one brother, one half brother, one step brother, one half sister, three step sisters

2. My mom has been married 3 times

3. I've been married the same amount of times as my mother

4. My brother has also been married 3 times

• Options
    Austrogermokee, ugh I guessed wrong too, ok you don't know how to drive?
  • Options
    Okay, I will go with #3 as @lgsdesigner‌ 's lie and #4 as @Austrogermokee‌ 's and @kelley72‌ 's. I will post mine after I get back from running an errand.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
    edited June 2014
    @kelley72 - You got it! #1 I could never skydive (too much of a chicken), and #2 I would pee myself if I ever met Marky Mark. He is one of my celebrity crushes.  :\">

@kelley72- #3 is your lie?
  • Options
    meredithcarole yes you're right, my brother married the sweetest lady and a definite keeper the first time!
  • Options
    My lie was not knowing how to drive. I know how, I just don't do it very often.

1. My first marriage, my ex and I went off to Vegas after six months of dating and were married by Elvis. Then I followed him to Bogota, Colombia.
    3. My mom is Australian and my dad was American. I was born in Australia (dual citizen), we moved to the US when I was two, and moved around often because my dad worked in sales.
    4. My dad was of Eastern Cherokee descent, one of our ancestors is Sequoyah. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequoyah

• Options
    1. I have only 24 teeth
    2. I make my own sushi
    3. I have been skydiving and ATVing on the same day
    4. I didn't wear any makeup until age 21
  • Options
    @NeonNoon - I am going to say #2?
  • Options

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    corrrrect @lgsdesigner .. and I thought I was being clever
  • Options
    Okay, here are mine:

1) I have an allergy to dogs, but take daily antihistamines so I can keep my Golden Retriever.
    2) I only have one lateral incisor, there was never an adult tooth to replace the baby tooth.
    3) I have an IQ of 140, but an innate kind of laziness.  The IQ allows me to put forth little effort and still do reasonably well at things.
    4) I really like bird shaped trinkets.  I would say it is a theme in my house.  

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    My guess for @meredithcarole is #4
  • Options
    @NeonNoon - Sushi is VERY hard to make, so that was the only reason why I got that one. I am a big foodie. ;)
  • Options
    @NeonNoon‌ nope, I definitely have a thing for birds.

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited June 2014
    This is fun! :)

@meredithcarole #3?

1. I started cooking dinner for my entire family from the age of 10 and took care of my mom until I was 19, then finally ran away from home to get away from the madness
    2. I named my dog Bella after Bella Swan from my favorite movie Twilight
    3. My husband's cousin is an actress, best known from the TV show Sliders
    4. When I was 14 I met and got autographs from all the members of the rock band Slaughter and had my photo taken with the sexy drummer Blas Elias Gomez at a local Taco Bell

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mdogan29- Hmmm..I will go with #4 as the lie.
  • Options
    @meredithcarole: I'm guessing #3?
    @mdogan29: I'm also guessing #3?

1. Mark Twain is a distant relation.
    2. I've been swimming with a humpback whale and her calf.
    3. I've been swimming with whale sharks.
    4. I was friends with one of the cast members of the Real World Hawaii when we were in middle school together.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Nope, #3 is a sad truth. Sometimes I judge myself for the laziness. @URMySunshine77‌ I am going to guess #3 for you and @mdogan29‌ I am guessing #4.

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    @URMySunshine77‌ #2
    @mdogan29‌ #1

1) I have a need for speed & I prefer to drive manual transmission cars
    2) I'm 1 of 5 children
    3) I saved a little boy from drowning
    4) my cousin won a gold medal in the Olympics
  • Options
    Nope #1 is true, I have a heavy foot
  • Options
    @URMySunshine77‌ - I was gonna say 2 or 3 also... not sure if the momma would want you near her calf? #2 then

@meredithcarole - awww, I thought maybe your IQ was even higher and you were playing us! :P .. I guess #1 then

@C_Girlie - #2?

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    #1 is the lie. While I do take a daily antihistamine for idiopathic hives, I am not allergic to the dog :)

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Yes @mdogan29‌ is right. #2 is a total lie. Biologically I'm one of three, but my parents adopted 4 children, which makes me one of seven. I'm the second oldest
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn @meredithcarole but it doesn't have to be this way re: judging yourself on laziness.  Be honest with yourself.  Are you limited by your circumstances, in which case some self-sympathy is probably due?  Or is there room for improvement, in which case working on it will alleviate the dissatisfaction?
  • Options
    @mdogan29 and @C_Girlie: I did swim with a humpback whale and her calf in Tonga. A small boat dumped my husband and me in the water when they were nearby. I guess we weren't truly swimming *with* them. We were just in the water near them. The calf was intrigued by us.

@lgsdesigner and @meredithcarole: We also swam with whale sharks in Australia. The boats can see schools of whale sharks and then they just dump the tourists in the water just before they swim by. Whale sharks can get as big as school buses!! I remember jumping in the water and being right in front of one. But I think that they only eat plankton. 

Regarding my lie: Although I am a Midwesterner, I am not related to Mark Twain. 

@meredithcarole: you got me with your lie!
    @mdogan29: kissing the drummer of a hair band on the cheek actually sounds quite chaste! ;-)

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    ok lets see…..anyone who reads anything i have written here knows too much about me already lol!
    I will make these all 1 subject centered to make it harder…. 

1. I was catching frogs on my wedding day…..in my big huge cupcake looking wedding dress…...

2. My husband did not really attend our wedding reception…he had to leave early in……..

3. I almost called off my wedding due to a family tragedy 3 months prior…..didnt matter that we had a big expensive wedding in the works

4. My sister-in-law made my day hell

off to read and guess…...
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    Boo everyone already told their lies! lol

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited July 2014
    @lgsdesigner How did they cure your sodium deficiency? I can't imagine they prescribe a steady diet of McDonald's fries at that age?  Also, we'll have to come up with sharing arrangements for Marky Mark... You can have him Mondays, Wednesdays and every other weekend.

@mdogan29 OMG, you were the cutest teenager!  The guy looks like he's having a photo taken with you, not the other way around... 

@KristenAlecia, I'm going with #4.

Alright, here are mine:

1. I worked on a cruise liner as a singer
    2. I have lived in ten cities
    3. I have driven a Tesla
    4. I have punched a man in the face

• Options
    @URMySunshine77 - Ahhh!! You got us! :)  I was super sneaky w/ the kiss! Ha, he gave me this weird look, I was thinking 'uh oh!' ... but was tingling for the rest of the day. My dad wouldn't let me near him for a few days, convinced I was diseased!

@KirstenAlecia - hmmmmmmm... this one IS hard! #4?

@marijaa333 - you are hilarious! I'm guessing your lie is #1?  Cute? Did you notice I was almost as tall as the full grown man beside me?? I was a giant among children! ;)  Thanks though!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have a friend who was as tall as the teacher in third grade - we were all very jealous of her "maturity." She's 5'7 now and says she doesn't miss sticking out, but it's a shame she didn't realize back then we all wanted to be tall like her... 

And nope, it's not #1.  I really sang on a cruise ship with a choir for a short time. We had a blast and saw many Greek islands for free, although it was a bit hard to stand still when the ship was rocking in big waves! Also gained weight from all the delicious cruise line food. As a result, I have never been on a cruise vacation.

• Options
    mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited July 2014
    Darn @marijaa333! Hmm... You are so funny I believe you punched a man in the face... the Tesla is really cool, so I'll guess #2... but you don't have to answer until some other people guess too if you want! :)

I think there was one other girl who was as tall as I was and up until 6th grade we were the same height and taller than most of the teachers and all of the boys! It's hard to have crushes when all the guys are so tiny! Even throughout high school I was still taller than some of the guys I liked!  I think I was 5'7" when I was ~12, 5'9" by the time I was 14 and reached my full height of 5'11" by the time I was 16. When they measure me now they say I'm only 5'9 or 5'10, I guess I've shrunk some! But I like being tall now, just don't like my bone structure and being overweight! I have an extra large frame and my DH is like a medium frame, but at least he's taller than me, he's just over 6' but we wear the same size shoes and our hands are the same size. Whatever, he loves me! :)

That's pretty cool! A great way to see the world (or at least Greece)!  What kind of music did you sing? How come you don't sing for a living now? :)

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @NeonNoon‌ it is intermittent laziness. I am a very driven person, but I go in sprints and then have lag time in between. College, for instance, was a bit of lag time (who needs to go to class?). Culinary school I was interested so I pushed my self. I have to be gunning for something or under a certain amount of pressure from procrastination. I just wonder sometimes if I am doing all I could be. Being a chef doesn't require a degree in rocket science, but it is actually very mentally taxing as you are constantly problem solving, think for others and directing chaos, but because of that I don't currently push my own development so I judge myself a bit. You are right, though, it is totally in my control.

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"