TTC after 35

Did anyone else not respond to Gonal F?

Hello there,

I am new here.   We are right now in the middle of an IVF cycle.  We tried our first IVF cycle in April using Clomid.  My ovaries didn't respond at all to that drug so we were switched to 400iu Gonal F injections this time. I went in for my follicle study on Saturday and once again my ovaries are ignoring it.  I have 6 follicles in my right and 5 in my left but they are the same size as they were at my baseline ultrasound.  Our doctor has increased my dose to 450iu, adding in 0.1ml hcg injection.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?   Did it just take you longer to respond to the hormones?  Did you eventually respond?  Am I a lost cause?   uggghh.... :(

ME: 37, DH: 40
TTC since September, 2005 (8 yrs and 9 mos - but who's counting)

Dx: PCOS, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis  
Tried to conceive naturally on just clomid off and on for several years.
IVF #1:  4-24-2014:  Started an IVF Cycle on Clomid, my body didn't respond so it was cancelled.
IVF #2:  7-11-2014:  BFFN :( 

Our RE believes I have an Immune Disorder that destroys my eggs and our embryos.

We decided against any more testing or procedures with Infertility and are Happily waiting to Adopt our little one. 

You can visit our Family and Adoption Blog here.

Re: Did anyone else not respond to Gonal F?

• Hi there. I really don't have advice on this topic; you might want to check out the IF board b/c the majority of women on there are doing IVFs. Best of luck to you.

Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• denbkdenbk member
    Thank you Leslie!  I had no idea where to post this, I will hop on over there :)

IVF #1:  4-24-2014:  Started an IVF Cycle on Clomid, my body didn't respond so it was cancelled.

Our RE believes I have an Immune Disorder that destroys my eggs and our embryos.

We decided against any more testing or procedures with Infertility and are Happily waiting to Adopt our little one. 

• Loading the player...
  • I just came off of my 3rd cycle on Gonal F. I took a low daily dose (IUI not IVF) of 75 and responded really well...but all 3 failed anyway. I was really surprised, I was expecting a super drug, guess it just doesn't work for everyone. Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • denbkdenbk member

Thank you @tripmomma  Surprisingly the high does of 450iu along with the 0.1ml of hcg injection daily worked.  I'm responding really well now from my scan just now.   

Everyone is so different at responding I suppose.  I've always been very resistant to most drugs so I'm not sure why it surprised me that I didn't respond at all to clomid, femara.  

I LOVE your umbrella family picture.  SO CUTE!!!!   Good Luck to you! 

• Hi all.  I started on Clomid and I went in for my baseline post clomid ultrasound and they added Gonal F.  Will be going back for follow up ultrasound on wednesday.  It is so hard to be calm and I hope they have good news on wednesday that the follies are progressing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"