July 2014 Moms
Options

BFM

Bring it on!
image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BFM

• Options
    1. At 38 weeks pregnant I suggested to DH that he go out of town this weekend to go fishing with his dad. I was hoping that Murphy's Law would cause me to go into labor while he was out of town. It didn't work.

2. After giving him time away from home and me and DS1 before we headed into life with a newborn again, I would have expected DH to have come home in a great mood, and be grateful for the time off. Not so much. WTF? I'm supposed to be the moody one around here!
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Soon2BMrsNSoon2BMrsN member
    edited June 2014
    DS2 and I have been up since 3:30 a.m. I thought he'd be exhausted after getting up at 5:30 yesterday morning and skipping his nap due to DS1's birthday party, so I'm not sure what's going on. And to top it off, we are completely out of coffee and I had to make do with a can of Coke. It's gonna be a loooooong day.
  • Options
    1) I'm getting tired of everyone asking when's the baby coming. She needs to hurry up! No actually I'm ok with her staying in a little longer!

2) I'm so irritated with my HR department. They didn't fill out 2 sections of my disability forms delaying my disability pay! When I notified this they told me it was fine and wouldn't delay in and what do you know, disability receives the forms and says my claim can not be reviewed until they receive the additional information!!! Ugh!
  • Options
    @Summerlovin314‌

Thanks. I was also glad DH stepped up. My FIL & GF are a weird piece if work anyway with just about everything. They take pictures from a mile off too. I know whatever pictures either of then take are going to be horrendous & then copied sent to all the out of state family. No thanks.

Like you, I'm pretty much over everyone & everything at this point. I have been a decent sport with all of FIL & his GF's madness but I'm not people pleasing at this point in my pregnancy game.

• Options
    abrazzabrazz member
    Saturday night my SIL texted and asked what time would be good to visit on Sunday.  I said 1pm so DH could sleep a little (worked three 12's on nights).  She said it would probably be a little after 1pm but she was excited.  So the next day at 12:30pm I texted her to see if they had left yet and told her if they hadn't I would put the kids down for a nap and not wake DH.  I also told her I had food ready if they hadn't eaten lunch.  Twenty minutes later she texts and says her husband may come but she was not coming.  That's it. No explanation and no real information on my BIL coming either.  So I just texted back, thanks for the heads up.  My BIL did end up coming. I wasn't even mad that she didn't join him, I just feel like it would have nice of her to tell me and I wouldn't have had a bunch of food ready and rushed around to get the house clean.       

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    1) I'm getting tired of everyone asking when's the baby coming. She needs to hurry up! No actually I'm ok with her staying in a little longer! 2) I'm so irritated with my HR department. They didn't fill out 2 sections of my disability forms delaying my disability pay! When I notified this they told me it was fine and wouldn't delay in and what do you know, disability receives the forms and says my claim can not be reviewed until they receive the additional information!!! Ugh!

Me too girl! So ANNOYING!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    amlonica said:
    MIL is driving me bananas about her baby swing. She and FIL are doing childcare for us, which is amazing, and I told her of course I would buy everything they need. I'm not expecting ridiculously cheap baby sitting and them to buy baby supplies. She wants a baby swing. I registered for a rock n play for their house but she's complained that you have to move that on your own she wants something that plugs in. Ugh. Fine. So it is currently post shower, and I'm doing the return doubles, check coupons, get the best deal routine I'm sure everyone has done. And she calls me EVERY DAY to ask about her swing. I told her it's not really my first priority right this second - baby isnt here, and even when it is, I will be off for 6 weeks at least. So there is definitely time. She said but I just get so excited! And continues to bug me about the swing. I don't mean to be a brat but seriously. If you're that excited and want your specific swing right this second, go buy it yourself!!
    Tell her to shop consignment stores or sales if she wants it RIGHT.THIS.MINUTE.

image image
  • Options
    I was woken up this morning at 5:30 by my neighbors upstairs. Fighting. Again. She screams like a banshee, shit gets thrown, etc. Before you know it, our entire building is awake. I know this because I can hear other neighbors banging on their walls, trying to get them to shut the hell up. This happens only about 12 times a month. I'm so over it. This area was really nice and quiet until they moved in.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    This is my last week at work. Friday my car broke down. ..... on railroad tracks. At the very least it looks like tie rods, transmission issue, and whatever leaks purple fluid. There goes all the money we saved for my maternity leave. :-(
  • Options
    AMcLaws said:

I was woken up this morning at 5:30 by my neighbors upstairs. Fighting. Again. She screams like a banshee, shit gets thrown, etc. Before you know it, our entire building is awake. I know this because I can hear other neighbors banging on their walls, trying to get them to shut the hell up. This happens only about 12 times a month. I'm so over it. This area was really nice and quiet until they moved in.

Have you called and reported this to get the situation taken care of?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No, haven't called the police. I want to. Hubby asks me not to because he hates tension and confrontation. I told him today that I'm emailing our property management company. If they do nothing about it, I'm calling the police next time. I'm sick of it, and I don't care if it causes tension.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited June 2014
    It all started with sore nipples. Not unbearable but not something that I wanted to continue.

If you need anything getting urgently or that's woman-specific, FTLOG, send a WOMAN to get it! 

OH made "pick up a tube of Lanolin" into a day-long, phone calls every 5 minutes, baby-waking saga.

I'm not in much pain from the birth, the pharmacy is only 10 mins away down a quiet road and I'm not afraid of the words "nipple" or "breastfeeding" so would have made the trip myself or gone in if someone drove me but he insisted and made such a thing out of it.

MiL's friend's daughter sent round 2 tubes for me in the end, some 12 hours after I asked the OH to get some. Thanks B from a couple of houses away - you're amazing! 

This event probably made to feel worse than it was because I'm tired and cranky.

EDIT: can't spell
  • Options
    Ekg688Ekg688 member
    I have to groom and bathe our dog. I don't mind cutting his hair because its bonding time for us and he loves it. The bath part is a whole other story, not to mention he's about 60 lbs. I'd ask DH to help but he's super cranky today :(
  • Options
    I can't tell if I'm feeling justifiably depressed/angry because of certain shitty circumstances or if I am feeling the start of what will turn out to be PPD.

Either way, all I want to do today is nap and punch anyone who disturbs me in the face.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Options
    @VTKatie‌ hope things start moving along for you! Being miserable sucks. At least you have Dunkin!!

MBF#1: Dear Ft Worth Texas, why can't you have Dunkin Doughnuts in every corner like you do taco shops. Driving 15 minutes away for a glazed stick and a regular hot isn't cool.

MBF#2: today is my off day from work since I have to go in this Saturday. DH, I understand you work from home and can just pop into the bedroom to tell me things but I am trying to sleep in! The last visit at 10:40 he laid down on the bed and goes "time to get up babe". Ugh. Let me sleep.... Please. Kaithxbai.
  • Options
    BP607BP607 member
    I think something died in one of the walls of our house.  A few weeks ago I was in the living room and heard what sounded like a critter in the walls and then didn't hear it anymore.  The stairs leading down to the basement have had a stench and I opened the closet near the front door and it definitely reeked.  

Luckily, the smell stays in those two areas and doesn't spread, but I'm not sure how the critter got in there and unfortunately it looks like we are just going to have to ride out the smell.  Hopefully the hot weather speeds up the process....

• Options
    SkeemerSkeemer member
    edited June 2014

I just discovered my bitch for today.  Mice.  We have had problems with mice in the unfinished portion of our basement (thankfully, no where else!), but DH just reset our traps last night and, after months of nothing, we discovered three mice in traps overnight.  I guarantee we will end up with more by the time the week is done.  We have no idea how they are getting in, and I really don't want to touch them to clear out the traps, but DH is at work, and I don't know how many more mice we have in our basement.
    :-&

they have enclosed traps now that have a little door on them. That way you don't have to touch them but if you Want to be more humane you can release them away from your house.

ETA: quoting mobile mishap -------

We tried the kind with the door once & it worked for several mice. Then we had one sly little devil that managed to outsmart it several times & take our cheese.

• Options
    MBF #1: I paid our mortgage a month ahead since I wasn't sure when / exactly how much to expect re: disability pay, and now we have no spending money. Didn't think that one through! Managed to do all the grocery shopping but no extras until someone pays me, so that's annoying and cuts into my fast food habit.

MBF #2: The damn dog drank too much river water and had to wake us up FIVE times throughout the night to go potty. I'm glad he did so I didn't have a mess to clean up but now I'm cranky and even more sleep deprived.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My husband says I'm vain about my feet (mostly joking) when I freak out because the last few weeks one will swell up if I stand too much. Dude it hurts, the skin is stretched and it feels weird.
    I know he's teasing and he's the sweetest most patient man in the world. But only funny the first time damn it.
  • Options
    Also FU pelvic instability/pelvic girdle pain junk
  • Options
    VTKatie said:

I had my 37 week apt this morning and there are no changes from last week. Given how miserable I have been, I thought for sure I would have effaced/dilated more.  I almost cried in my car when I was leaving. I went to Dunkin Donuts to drown my self pity in iced coffee and donuts.

This. I had my 37 week apt today and no change in dilation or effacement. They said I'm measuring 39 weeks and want to do another growth ultrasound next week. They also did that they will let me go a week past the due date which will mean a c-section :(( I need this baby to come!
  • Options
    I'm so tired of this pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome! It just sucks because in addition to the numbness, sometimes it hurts to do the simplest of tasks (writing, spreading peanut butter on a sandwich) and there's nothing that I can think of to help it except have the baby.

Also, my kids are driving me crazy with their bickering! Typically it wouldn't bother me as much but the past month it's been bad.
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    VTKatie said:

I had my 37 week apt this morning and there are no changes from last week. Given how miserable I have been, I thought for sure I would have effaced/dilated more.  I almost cried in my car when I was leaving. I went to Dunkin Donuts to drown my self pity in iced coffee and donuts.
    I liked this only because of the Dunkin Donuts iced coffee reference. That and donuts makes everything better. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I can't tell if I'm feeling justifiably depressed/angry because of certain shitty circumstances or if I am feeling the start of what will turn out to be PPD.

Either way, all I want to do today is nap and punch anyone who disturbs me in the face.

@helloblueeyes, I am worried about this too. I have been feeling depressed the last week or two. I spoke to my doctor about it and she just told me and my husband to keep an eye on it especially after the little one is here. I have wanted to punch people in the face a lot lately! 

@ZeroZeroOne‌ Thankfully my doc knows all about my history with depression and has been really great about asking me and DH about my mental health. Honestly PPD is one of my biggest fears right now, but I kinda feel that meds are probably inevitable with everything going on and the thought makes me more depressed. Hello mom guilt. Ug.

It also sucks that I'm not the only one pissed off/annoyed at the circumstances. It just makes it so much more difficult to actually gauge where I'm at emotionally.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Options
    BP607 said:
    I think something died in one of the walls of our house.  A few weeks ago I was in the living room and heard what sounded like a critter in the walls and then didn't hear it anymore.  The stairs leading down to the basement have had a stench and I opened the closet near the front door and it definitely reeked.  

Luckily, the smell stays in those two areas and doesn't spread, but I'm not sure how the critter got in there and unfortunately it looks like we are just going to have to ride out the smell.  Hopefully the hot weather speeds up the process....

Unless the decomposing juices seep through the walls. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    BP607BP607 member
    BP607 said:

Unless the decomposing juices seep through the walls. 
    The only place it has to to go is the bottom, which will go into the basement.  DH was just up in the attic putting up more insulation over the winter and said there really is no where for a critter to get in.  He said the biggest thing possible it could be is a mouse.  

I feel gross but there isn't much else to do.  I don't really think it's worth paying someone to rip out a whole wall to find some mouse flesh.  
  • Options
    I just complained about this in the random thread but I think I deserve to bitch... the ultrasound tech just took away my team green status. Ive been coming here weekly for a while with the same girl and she always asked if she was ever going anywhere near the genitals so I didnt think I needed to say anything. Wrong. She just goes here is the heart, good, and the breathing, good, and heres the penis and scrotum!

At least I can keep my mouth shut and not tell DH and he can at least still be surprised but wahhhh. 37 weeks... I was so close.

On another note, my BP is 171/102 and she may send me in to be induced today anyway.
  • Options
    My biggest gripe right now is that I've never been to Dunkin Donuts and now I want it.

Otherwise, it seems first tri fatigue is back, and it's hard to be bitchy when you sleep all day long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"