January 2014 Moms
Options

AW: Lost our power *Update

bee1916bee1916 member
edited June 2014 in January 2014 Moms
We lost our power last night during a big storm and are still without today. We went to move our food to my SIL's and found that our refrigerator didn't hold the temp. Help me say goodbye to 42oz. of breast milk... wail. It also sucks that most of the food was purchased yesterday, so there's that.

Thanks for letting me complain.

*Update: I called our local lactation consultants and explained what happened. She said that milk temped at 55 degrees (what the milk was at) is still probably okay, as long as it doesn't smell bad. The milk that was frozen and thawed out in the refrigerator will have to go though. So, instead of 42oz. it's only 17oz. Still sucky, but waaaay better than 42oz. lost! So glad I called and double-checked!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012

Re: AW: Lost our power *Update

• Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    edited June 2014
    Omg I'm so sorry to hear That

Eta: words (too early for me)
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If your milk has just begun to thaw it's fine to put back in the freezer. Could someone keep it for you until you're freezers ready?

Or if it was just in the fridge it's probably fine considering the four wasn't open and closed a lot over the night.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bee1916bee1916 member
    edited June 2014
    @mommy grams‌ - thank you! Yes, my SIL is storing my frozen milk until we get power again. I moved all the refrigerated milk into the freezer as well. We didn't open the door at all during the night and so we were really surprised that everything was warm. Luckily the freezer held and everything in there was saved.

Edit- tag fail
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"