March 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone else breastfeeding/trying to wean???

I am still nursing my DD but she will be 2 next month and I really want to stop. I have no idea how I'm going to get through it, but because slow weaning has not been working, I'm going to have to cut her off cold turkey. I'm not looking forward to the struggle. Anyone going through the same thing or have any tips?!

Re: Anyone else breastfeeding/trying to wean???

• Options
    I know I already discussed this in my first post, but I just wanted to say again that I totally understand! It is so.freakin'.hard. To be honest, it's difficult for me to entertain the idea of weaning because it's been our connection for 16 months. It's helped through teething pain, shots, tantrums... Basically if she's super upset, I just give her a boob and she's instantly calm. The idea of giving up that miracle cure is going to be hard. But...dang, I would like a few months of having my boobs to myself.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I must have missed your post about this. Ugh I feel you. I love it but need some time with my boobs to myself during this pregnancy ... Are you definitely going to wean? What are you planing to do/when?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My nipples have actually been killing me this week when DD nurses. No fun...
  • Options
    My LO wasn't huge on nursing--she didn't care how she got her milk and we struggled with a bottle preference for a while. So luckily I didn't have to deal with telling her no :( it was harder for me to wean than on her. I weaned pretty quickly after my MC so I had engorgement issues. I pumped twice a day, just enough to get comfortable, and dropped the duration by a few minutes every couple of days. I think it took about two weeks until my supply dried up. I hope it goes smoothly for you and your LO!
  • Options
    We are in the same boat. We were supposed to be done a looooooooong time ago, but it helps her fall asleep or prepare to, so I've avoided it since she's always been a bad sleeper. We are down to 2-3 sessions a day. I was hoping I would just dry up, but if it gets too painful I will have to pull the plug - which is going to suck. I feel like a human pacifier some days though. DH already asked if we could pump for this one. Since DD refused bottles and I worked part time (she basically would scream and never eat when I was away) - I'm ok with this idea.
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    We are down to one session a day but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to drop that one. I'm hoping later this summer when we got stay with gramma for two weeks that will be a good distraction and we can do it then.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think I am just going to have to duct tape my nipples for a few weeks.  We've been down to 1 session a day for a year most days. 
    oh, and yes, my son is almost 3...
  • Options
    DD is 19 months, and still nurses a lot. I am SO over it a ready to wean, but I have not idea how and where to start. If I feel she is wanting to nurse just for comfort, or anything but being hungry, I try to distract her and tell her no, but we both end up frustrated and in tears. She cries till I let her nurse, and then I cry cause I am so frustrated by it. I really need a break and my body to myself before this baby comes. I was hoping my milk would taste different to her or dry up and she would just self wean, but so far that doesn't seem to be happening. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @antsangel1118‌ I feel you. I am so frustrated and it's worse now that my boobs hurt ugh. I'm not looking forward to crying while she cries about the weaning. It's going to be horrible.
  • Options
    Yes, @sandc63, I know! I am not looking forward to it either! I am proud I was able to breastfeed for an extended time, but I am just so over it and just so frustrated and have no clue where to go from here. She'll eat a few bites of "real" food, but usually after a few bites she just wants to nurse. And after she decides she is done with the food, there is no getting her to eat any more. It is rare that she eats a good serving. :-/  Luckily my boobs don't hurt too bad, they are just a bit sensitive, but it's enough to tear up out of frustration every time she pulls on my shirt. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"