Pregnant after IF
Options

Lactose intolerance during pregnancy?

Hi ladies, I have a call in to my doc about this, but she's not in the office on Thursdays so I won't hear back until tomorrow at the earliest.  So I figured I'd ask here as well.  Have any of you heard of women becoming lactose intolerant during pregnancy?  I'm sort of thinking this is happening to me, starting a few weeks ago (I am 30w2d today).  I haven't kept a food journal and I haven't tried cutting out dairy for a few days yet, but I may try that very soon.
Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
TTC #2 since Feb 2015
BFP 5/4/15

Re: Lactose intolerance during pregnancy?

• Options

Doc confirmed that it's a real thing.  She said to the extent possible, I should avoid milk, yogurt, and ice cream; and if I can't avoid, I should take Lactaid pills.  I am fine with giving up yogurt and ice cream (I don't have them much anyway) but I drink a LOT of milk.  My Dad's a retired orthopaedic surgeon, so I've had the importance of milk drilled into me since I was born.  I am going to go off dairy for a few days, then shock my system with a glass of milk and see what happens. to see if I can confirm my self-diagnosis.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    I was having an issue my first trimester with dairy.  I looked it up online and sure enough I found something that says some woman become lactose intolerant in their first trimester.  Since then its kinda leveled off but I totally know believe its true.
    DS born @32 weeks with IUGR and a heart defect.  Passed away May 2015
    DD born July 2016
    TTC #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure it's a real thing. I honestly had the opposite happen.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"