Late Term and Child Loss

What did you do on baby's due date?

For those of you who had a loss before full term, what did you do on your baby's due date? Did you do or go anywhere special? It may seem a little distasteful to some, but my husband and I are going to Disney World the week Janelle would have been due. I'm not sure how we'll feel, but we decided we needed to do something special and get away. 

Re: What did you do on baby's due date?

• Our due date is in 3 weeks. We were playing to take a trip somewhere, but we can't decide where. I think it's because we're questioning if it's the right thing for us. I think we should do something special and possibly get away, but then I'm scared that I may just feel the need to breakdown and feel every emotion that's going to come up. Of course I can do that wherever we are, but I may just want my bed and my shower. 

I'm like you, I'm just not sure how we'll feel. ((hugs))

After 2+ years TTC, 1 miscarriage, & 3 failed IUI's... IVF#1 worked! DD born 2012
    2013 FET#1: BFP, but we lost the baby at 12 weeks
    2013 FET#2: BFN
    2014 FET#3: BFP, but our sweet baby was born sleeping at 33 weeks
    IVF#2: BFP! DD born 2015
    2017 IVF#3: BFN
    2017 IVF#4: BFN
    1st Dx = Unexplained IF, 2017 Dx = DOR
  • My due date would've been Mother's Day, so we booked a trip to Aruba to get away. It was a technology-free vacation and when we returned to the States my phone blew up with texts, emails and FB messages from my very sweet friends. 

I think whatever you and your DH decide to do (or not do) is a great decision. 

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Our due date was the day after Mother's Day.  My husband took me out of town for those two days, but mostly because I needed my space away from everyone else.  We bought the boys some new books (we still read to them every night) and just spent time together.  I think that was what was most important - we turned off our phones and enjoyed our time together.
  • Our due date is 9/24, which is a couple week's after my 30th birthday. I am not sure what we are going to do yet. I have already taken the day off work. I think we might do a small getaway  and just spend time together.

Asher born February 5, 2011.

Baby #2 born sleeping at 20 weeks. May 6, 2014.

• We finished Ben's garden and just spent time together. It was a tough day and was the day before Father's Day and the three month anniversary of his death.

I don't think going to WDW is distasteful but I wouldn't be able to be at such a family oriented place. I'm not going to lie, I have taken major steps back since Ben's due date.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• sig warning*****

Jesse's due date was March 23, and we didn't do anything to commemorate the day.  Actually, we were at my parents house celebrating my niece's 4th birthday.  I knew in my mind that that day was supposed to have been so different for us, but it didn't/doesn't hold a lot of meaning for me personally.  He wasn't born on that day.  On the other hand, we were also going through another IVF cycle, and trying to look at the corresponding dates as a good omen.  I think his actual birthdate will be a lot harder when it rolls around in a few months. 

I guess my point is, whether you mark the occasion or not, do what you feel is right for you and your family.  <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Fiona's due date is next week(July 1st), and we will both be working. I had no choice but to work since I used up all my time bring off after her birth. I'm not sure how to feel about the whole thing. On the one hand, it's just a day that she may or may not have been born on. On the other hand, it represents everything that should have been but isn't. Honestly, I am just trying to keep busy and keep my mind occupied. I think that whatever you choose to do(or not do) will be perfect for you and your family.
  • For us it was a little tricky since I was due with Jack on Mothers Day this year. MH and I did a balloon release at home, thengot a hotel room downtown Chicago for Saturday...we went out for a nice dinner, had some drinks, saw a movie. On Sunday/Mothers Day , we spent the day downtown just walking around, had brunch, wrote in a prayer book for Jack in his namesake church. Basically just took the day to be alone but together and think about Jack
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Ticker warning

I had to work, but the next day we had a balloon release at her grave with our close family and friends, and then we had a BBQ.  I will always acknowledge the date, but I think from now on we likely won't celebrate it, just for her angelversary in March, but I think it will forever be a hard date.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Today is Madeleine's due date. My midwife warned me that today could be very hard. We are leaving for Hilton Head tomorrow so I am focusing on that today. My mom came in town last night to spend the day with me. We are going to look at a house that DH and I are considering putting an offer on. Keeping busy.

Last night I told DH how nervous I was for today. He put it so simply, "How many moms remember their baby's due date?" It might sound harsh, but it made me feel so much better. July 2nd WAS her due date, but she came June 5th. That is her special day. Today, there's no significance.

I know it's not a common view but it's the view I need to have to get through this day.
  • That is actually the view that I have come to adopt. Fiona's due date was yesterday but really, who knows if she would have been born then? It was still a tough day, but I am hopeful that it's one that will get better as the years go on. I agree that our angels have special days already; their birthday. Good luck today and I hope you have as nice a day as possible.
  • That is actually the view that I have come to adopt. Fiona's due date was yesterday but really, who knows if she would have been born then? It was still a tough day, but I am hopeful that it's one that will get better as the years go on. I agree that our angels have special days already; their birthday. Good luck today and I hope you have as nice a day as possible.

Thank you! I have had a lovely day. I cried a bit but no more than usual. And I feel her today, I don't feel her every day so that brings me comfort. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"