High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Has anyone been put on Prozac?

I am currently 8 weeks, I got taken of my lexapro honestly I didn't even think I needed it anymore, and boy was I wrong, I have had horrible mood swings, bad anxiety, and depression, the doc called me in Prozac today but I am so scared to start taking it!! I need some feed back my fellow pregnant ladies!

Answers

• Options
    Sorry I am
    Not high-risk I accidently put it under this! But please help!
  • Options
    I was taking Prozac for OCD and anxiety for years, and never thought I needed it for depression. Like you, though, I found out otherwise when I went off while I'm TTC.

My PCP mentioned that it's more of a concern in the first trimester than at other times, so if you can hunker down and weather the storm, there's less risk. That said, I know there are psychologists who specialize in prenatal medication for treatment of depression and similar issues. Ask your PCP or OBGYN for a referral.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've taken Zoloft throughout this pregnancy. It was a risk/benefit situation for me but I trust my psychiatric np. I get a little scared I'll be a rare case and my little guy will have a pulmonary issue, but honestly, I'm a wreck off my medication, and dealing with a pregnancy after two miscarriages without it woukd have been....not good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"