Babies on the Brain
Options

An Introduction- Pre TTC

2»

Re: An Introduction- Pre TTC

• Options
    Hi ladies! I was just wondering, did we happen to create a 'group' somewhere that we can all belong to? We all just seem to be such great company here, it would be perfect to have our own group. I'm still fairly new here. Does anyone have experience setting one up? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Started Dating Jan 2004Married Sept 2009. TTC Aug 2014.

BFP 10.30.14!!

• Options
    @createmagic14 Aww, I love your cattle dog siggy! What a cute idea! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

BFP 10.30.14!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lilbabybeans I'm going to try creating a group for us :) If I can't send invites, I will post here to let y'all know the group name so you can join!
    Anniversary
    PersonalMilestone
    imageimage
  • Options

Hi ladies! I'm new here too! My DH and I are wanting to start TTC in October. I am on my period now and will not start my new pack of BC. I have been on BC for about 10 years and my AF is very regular. Any advice on what to expect?

• Options
    My SIL was on bc for like 17 yrs before she ttc, got preggo the second try. Just make sure you have a very nutritious diet with folate and then start tracking your cycle. It's about all u can do. GL!
  • Options
    prinsesslolliprinsesslolli member
    edited August 2014
    @kyoung7221 I went off of my BC about 6 months ago with plans to start TTC this August (this month AAAAHHH!)  I know they say you don't have to "get it out of your system" but I wanted to for a few reasons.  First of all, I did want it out of my system, just in case.  Secondly, I had been on the three month BC, which I loved (A period once every three months that were super light and short.  I miss that!!), but I wanted to make sure body learned what to do again.  And I also wanted to learn about my cycle.  Since I'm a teacher, I have a pretty specific timeline that I would LIKE to follow if at all possible, so I really wanted several months to learn about my body and my cycle to give us the best chance of conceiving in the first few months.  Optimistic, I know, but we'll see how it goes.  :-)  When I went off the BC, my cycle was like clockwork every 28 days up until last month (one month before we planned to TTC, ugh) when I got my period 6 days early.  It was pretty weird.  So this cycle, I'm hoping to get back to normal, and will also start charting my temp (tried last month but I didn't care for the thermometer I got and I got frustrated with it) so that I can have the best chance in August.  As you can probably tell, this whole process has made me neurotic!  lol  I am never this into hyperplanning (we leave for vacation tomorrow and I'm unpacked yet typing away!), but this prego planning has made me crazy!  
  • Options
    Hi everyone - good to see many fellow teachers here! DH and I have been married for 4 years now - I'm 27 and he's 28, and we started TTC this June. We were hoping for an end-of-the-school-year baby, but two cycles have passed and I am not pregnant yet. I'm still hopeful that it will happen for us soon. I teach middle school Spanish. Last month (our second cycle), I started using OPKs and temping to give me a better idea of when I ovulate.

I was on birth control pills for 5 years... I think? I stopped taking it after my last doctor's appointment in October. Took a few months for me to have "normal" periods and now my cycles are 24 days apart. Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    Ahhhh....finally a positive active board!
    I am also pre-TTC, we are thinking sometime around the New Year.
    I have been on BC (Seasonique) for about 10 years not, has anyone else been on BC this long and are worried it might take a while to conceive?
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and was so happy to find this board. DH and I plan to start TTC sometime within the next few months. I've been on BC for 8 years or so and just went off of it this week! It was so exciting taking that first step :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Love this discussion btw. I am also in my second month of TTC. And also a teacher lol. A little background on me, I am 29 and husband is 36 been married a little over a year but together for 6 and a half. Most of our friends already have two kiddos so the hubby gave the ok to start but he is actually terrified/anxiety ridden, poor guy.

I have two questions:
    I did speak with my Obgyn prior to TTC and she said to take folic acid which I have been doing for the past year in prep for TTC but now that I actually am trying should I switch to prenatals?

I regularly take potassium citrate to prevent kidney stones (had them when I was younger) and also pantoprazole (heartburn meds). My Obgyn said to continue taking these once preggo. But I asked both of the prescribing docs and they both said not to take once preggo. Who do I listen to?

Sorry such a long post. I look forward to talking with u ladies more. And GL to you all!
  • Options
    Hi! New here! Been married for 3 years together for 9. I'm 29 DH is 38. I'm using Ovia to track and start ttc in august. I'm working and doing my masters in education. And from Canada. Just fot off the pill from taking it non-stop for 14 months (i was on Yaz). I did that because it prevented me from having really bad migraines.
    Me 29 DH 38
    Married 07.01.2011
    TTC #1 BFP 09.28.2014 EDD 06.07.2014
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    jnicole124 I was on the pill for the better part of 12 years.  Only went off it once or twice, and was on the 3 month pill for the majority of that, so I was really nervous that my body wouldn't remember what to do! lol  But as soon as I went off, my cycles were normal again.  This will be our first month TTC, so I can't speak for any trouble, but I think for most people the challenge is getting back on schedule.  GL!

cmarie28 Welcome!  We're glad you're here!

HeatherC21 it it were me, I'd probably switch to prenatals since they should have all the folic you need and any other vitamins to grow a healthy baby.  I don't think it would hurt at all.  As for the heartburn meds, I'm certainly no doctor, but I have heard tums are the only thing most docs tell you to take.  However, you may want to double check any side effects to see if there is any link to harm to a fetus.  If not, I'd go with your gut (or baby bump, haha).  It's all about weighing the benefits and risks.  

melanie_ariel Welcome!  There are lots of teachers here and most of us are trying for spring babies if we can help it!  It's funny to see the trend of teachers here.  Most are super-planners, love the positive board, and many are TTC this month.  GL!
  • Options
    ruby0710ruby0710 member
    edited August 2014
    Hello!  
  • Options
    michelehoney13
    Any luck with starting a group yet? I am amazed I found this board with so many positive people! So many others are really harsh, I would be afraid to post anything on them for fear of ridicule.

• Options
    Hi all, I wanted to jump in here too. I am new to the boards as well (although I am not a teacher I did just finish my MA so I am very familiar with the academic world). DH and I have been married for just over two years and together for almost 6. We rescently moved to a new town and are in the middle of  a huge renovation which has totally consumed my summer. We have two furbabies but are very excited to start trying to expand our family. We are planning on "pulling the goalie" (my Mirena IUD) in September and I have have already started to use FF to track and get comfortable with my cycle. I am a huge planner the the unpredictability of TCC will likely drive me crazy! Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
    Married: 08/04/2012
    TTC #1: 07/2014
  • Options
    @‌HeatherC21 @michelehoney13 was good enough to create it for us, it's: Pre TTC & TTC- Hopeful & Excited!
    michelehoney13 Any luck with starting a group yet? I am amazed I found this board with so many positive people! So many others are really harsh, I would be afraid to post anything on them for fear of ridicule.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

BFP 10.30.14!!

• Options

@‌HeatherC21

@michelehoney13 was good enough to create it for us, it's: Pre TTC & TTC- Hopeful & Excited!

michelehoney13
    Any luck with starting a group yet? I am amazed I found this board with so many positive people! So many others are really harsh, I would be afraid to post anything on them for fear of ridicule.

I feel a little silly but anyone else having issues joining the group? I'm getting an error code when it asks for reason for wanting to join.
  • Options
    @‌HeatherC21 @michelehoney13 was good enough to create it for us, it's: Pre TTC & TTC- Hopeful & Excited!
    michelehoney13 Any luck with starting a group yet? I am amazed I found this board with so many positive people! So many others are really harsh, I would be afraid to post anything on them for fear of ridicule.

I feel a little silly but anyone else having issues joining the group? I'm getting an error code when it asks for reason for wanting to join.
    Hey heather- I invited you to join the group this morning. So it may be an error because you are already a member? Check your notifications make sure you don't have to accept the invitation too :)
    Anniversary
    PersonalMilestone
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  I was searching for a group just like this and found this message board! I am pre-TTC (starting hopefully soon!) and looking for people to talk with since I am not sharing this with any friends/family.  My DH and I are both 29 and we have been married for 1.5 years.  I saw that a new group had formed and would love to be a part of it!  How do I join?
  • Options
    Hi koalabear334!  We would love to have you!  I'll have Michele send you and invite since I can't or don't know how!  lol
  • Options
    Great!  Thank you!!
  • Options
    I have been on BC (Seasonique) for about 10 years not, has anyone else been on BC this long and are worried it might take a while to conceive?
    been on quasense for 12ish yrs.  and I am worried that it may take my body time to adjust, also didn't have regular cycle before I got on it, thats why we started with the reg pill, then got on the every 3 month thing
  • Options
    I would love to join in here as well!!  
    I am 29(30 in April) DH is33(34 in Jan) We have been married not even 2 weeks lol but together for 5.5 yrs.
    I am the super planner, lets talk everything out, while DH is quiet and thinks things through more than me but is quieter about it lol
    I am starting my senior yr of my 3rd degree next month and will be doing my internship next summer.  DH is hoping to start school and continue his job next month as well.  The planner in me wants to get off BC now to regulate myself since I have been on BC for 12ish yrs.  BUT I don't think I want to be pregnant while in school.  Our pastor wanted us to be celibate 9months before our wedding, so we did, so right now we are just enjoying being able to be intimate again!!!  
    We are wanting 2 kids, and I can feel the clock ticking lol I don't want to be having kids past 35ish, just not sure when to go off my pill to give us that yr timeline that it may take to get pregnant, so much to learn lol  Sorry for my book but that is where we are at.
  • Options
    rahrah82rahrah82 member
    edited August 2014
    Hi ladies, I am very excited to have found this thread and would love to join the group. DH and I just got married in July but he was sent overseas for the next 6 months a few weeks after the wedding. I'm 32 and he just turned 31 so I am beyond ready to TTC, but I will have to wait til he returns Jan/Feb. I stopped taking my BCP 2 months prior to the wedding to help get my cycle back on track, and if we got lucky enough to get pregnant, but that didn't happen. So now I have been doing some research on TTC and just started using FF and temping. I want to be as ready as I can be when DH returns and to learn as much as I can about my body/cycle.

BabyFetus Ticker 

• Options
    Thanks for your reply and for welcoming me! It has taken me this long to navigate myself back to this discussion. I am a bit of a newb lol. But now I have found my way back I hope to be more active in posting. 
    Meanwhile the summer is already gone! My DH and I are 6 weeks away from our delayed Honeymoon, after which we plan to get started TTC!
    I am so excited and have been thinking about baby names and looking at cool baby stuff to buy online. I have found some really cute and unique baby accessories on Pinterest. Its hard not to buy the stuff already, but I know I am sounding like I'm getting way too ahead of myself. 
    I also have booked my pre-conception appt with my doc. I have read some comments where people have said this appt is not necessary, however I am due for a physical anyway so I am planning just to bring up the conception thing at this regular visit. 
    Hope all is going well for all the other pre-TTC couples out there!
    Love  June 20, 2005
     Married  May 25, 2013 
     TTC  November 2014
  • Options
    lizard85 said:
    been on quasense for 12ish yrs.  and I am worried that it may take my body time to adjust, also didn't have regular cycle before I got on it, thats why we started with the reg pill, then got on the every 3 month thing

Thanks for your feedback. It's good to know other women have the same worries I do. I stopped taking BC about 2 weeks ago. I bleed for about 2 days afterwards, it stopped and I haven't bleed anymore. This week I started taking my temp in the morning. I was wondering if it's still too early to take an ovulation test, or if I should wait until after I have a regular period.
  • Options
    jnicole124 said:Ahhhh....finally a positive active board! 

I have been on BC (tricyclin) for about 12 years also. When I told my doc that we are trying to conceive and that I'll be going off the pill soon she said that it may take a few months for my cycle to get back to normal. So I guess that means I can't reliably track ovulation days until things get a little more regular?
    Love  June 20, 2005
     Married  May 25, 2013 
     TTC  November 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"