Babies on the Brain
Options

An Introduction- Pre TTC

Nice to meet ya'll! Joining bump has been officially my first web search for anything baby related.. ever! I am 26, living in SC & my DH (just learned these acronyms-trying to use them correctly LOL) and I have been married 1 yr 8 months. I've been LOVING spending time with my sweet new nephew who's 5 months and I finally, finally, FINALLY got the motherhood butterflies this weekend. DH and I have discussed children, our last conversation a year ago ended with- "yes, of course, but this is not the right time". We are having a big year & I thank God for the success and stability. I'd love to welcome a child into this world by March 2016 and know that means a year from right around NOW I should be freshy pregnant for the first time! I started reading a bit about tracking and calendars and BD tips and I came across a post about fertility friend? Now, I realize that this is a paid app- but I was kind of wondering if anyone was interested in becoming a real life fertility friend? It would be lovely to just chat with another women (with similarities or with experience) about all of the amazing, awful, life-changing things that are on my horizon :) - M
Anniversary
PersonalMilestone
imageimage

Re: An Introduction- Pre TTC

• Options

Nice to meet ya'll! Joining bump has been officially my first web search for anything baby related.. ever! I am 26, living in SC & my DH (just learned these acronyms-trying to use them correctly LOL) and I have been married 1 yr 8 months. I've been LOVING spending time with my sweet new nephew who's 5 months and I finally, finally, FINALLY got the motherhood butterflies this weekend. DH and I have discussed children, our last conversation a year ago ended with- "yes, of course, but this is not the right time". We are having a big year & I thank God for the success and stability. I'd love to welcome a child into this world by March 2016 and know that means a year from right around NOW I should be freshy pregnant for the first time! I started reading a bit about tracking and calendars and BD tips and I came across a post about fertility friend? Now, I realize that this is a paid app- but I was kind of wondering if anyone was interested in becoming a real life fertility friend? It would be lovely to just chat with another women (with similarities or with experience) about all of the amazing, awful, life-changing things that are on my horizon :) - M

Not to burst your bubble, but it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive successfully, so keep in mind that you may not be able to time a baby's arrival as ideally as you might like.
  • Options
    Hey, Michelle! I'm in a similar boat. I consider myself "pre-TTC" as well. I'd love to be fertility friends :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  I have never heard of a fertility friend, but I think I love it!!  I am also new to the process (and also still trying to figure out the acronyms!!) and will start trying to conceive in August.  My husband and I will have our 2 year anniversary next week.  I will be starting a new teaching job in August as well, and we are hoping to have the baby toward the end of the next school year. Although my sister knows we planned to start trying once I started my new job, we are keeping quiet for now as well.
    -Heather

• Options
    nicpugnicpug member
    I'm a teacher too, Heather! What grade? I'm AS k-2 . And I'm also still figuring out the acronyms!
  • Options
    So exciting to meet you girls! I've been married 7 months & we are thinking if TTC this winter. Right now we aren't doing anything to prevent PG but not actually trying. DH is finishing up his medical training so we figured we'd wait until he gets a full time job. I'm 31 so I'm a bit nervous about getting a late start seeing as TTC success can sometimes take up to a year. I've started charting and making positive health choices in the last two months- I figure I may as well do all I can now to get prepped!
  • Options
    I teach Language Arts to 8th graders!  I know that sounds like Crazy Town to some, but I love it!  

EKP, I will be 31 in January and am also a little bit nervous about TTC for the same reasons.  I have also been charting, making healthy choices and learning a lot so that when we start trying, we can be as knowledgeable as possible!  

Thank so much for your post Michele!  So far there are some great and supportive girls here!
  • Options
    S&D13S&D13 member
    Hello Everyone!

My DH and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary recently and we are now seriously talking about TTC this winter. We are waiting until we come back from our holiday this October 2014 before we start trying. 

I am 30 and DH is 32 and this will be our first pregnancy so we are in the same boat as some of you other members here!

My DH is going to be a brilliant father, and I can't wait to start TTC, but I don't want to wish the summer away! I am hoping this forum/website will be a good way for me to keep my baby brain occupied until then lol. 

It's great to know there are other couples out there our age that are just starting this baby journey too!

Love  June 20, 2005
     Married  May 25, 2013 
     TTC  November 2014
  • Options
    My DH is going to be a brilliant father, and I can't wait to start TTC, but I don't want to wish the summer away! I am hoping this forum/website will be a good way for me to keep my baby brain occupied until then lol. 

It's great to know there are other couples out there our age that are just starting this baby journey too!

I am 30 and my husband is 32 also!  One thing that I have done the past few months to get ready-- before we are ready, is to be become neurotic about charting my cycle.  That sounds really creepy, but I know the girls here will understand!  LOL  But it has really helped me learn about what to expect and what to look for and has helped keep my mind occupied.  I've also done a lot of reading about fertility and conception.  Welcome!
  • Options
    nicpugnicpug member
    My dh and I are both 28, 29 in Dec for me, Jan for him. We're going to ttc without charting for July and August, then if it doesn't happen, being charting temps. I'm glad to hear you guys are- I can come to you for advice!! :).
  • Options
    Really glad I posted, it's nice to hear from all of you! I work in education too! I'm an academic advisor at a small technical college. Thanks myatala for that tip, my sister was quiet about it but they took several months to conceive their first too. Let's all keep chatting! 
    Anniversary
    PersonalMilestone
    imageimage
  • Options

my husband and I will be TTC starting in July. I have never heard of FF but sounds very interesting. this will be baby #2 for us and we don't plan on telling anyone that we are trying we didn't the first time around.. I just don't want the pressure of family and friends asking and let whatever happens happen :)

• Options
    What charting software are you all using? I was using Cycle Pro Go bc it came with my NFP class (was married in the Catholic Church) but my account expired and I'm thinking about switching to FF. FF is $10 cheaper and let's you superimpose the charts. I've only charted 2 months, so I figure it won't take long to switch my info over. What do you ladies think? For anyone who is interested, you can also chart by hand (I have a booklet of unused charts leftover from NFP class) but I personally like using apps better bc I can track my fertility symptoms throughout the day as opposed to waiting until I come home from work to write it all down.
  • Options
    EKP110913EKP110913 member
    edited June 2014
    What books are y'all reading? I hear What to Expect When You are Expecting is good, but haven't read it yet
  • Options
    EKP110913 said:
    What charting software are you all using? I was using Cycle Pro Go bc it came with my NFP class (was married in the Catholic Church) but my account expired and I'm thinking about switching to FF. FF is $10 cheaper and let's you superimpose the charts. I've only charted 2 months, so I figure it won't take long to switch my info over. What do you ladies think? For anyone who is interested, you can also chart by hand (I have a booklet of unused charts leftover from NFP class) but I personally like using apps better bc I can track my fertility symptoms throughout the day as opposed to waiting until I come home from work to write it all down.
    Even the free version of FF is pretty decent. It lets you input tons of information and pinpoints ovulation based on your BBT and whatever other signs you've entered. If you want to do more complicated analysis, you're right that it's not expensive. They also run deals and discounts pretty often if you keep an eye out. 

I've been charting for a few months now and I find it pretty easy, especially with the mobile app - and I LOVE knowing more about what's going on with my cycle. FF saved me major embarrassment and a pair of white pants this month when I saw my temp drop on the day I had a baby shower to attend across town. I didn't get cramps beforehand or anything, but sure enough, in the middle of the shower, period showed up. I was SO glad I wasn't caught off guard. 

And now I sound like a commercial. Annnnnyway, yay charting!
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • Options
    nicpugnicpug member
    mbbach said:
    nicpug said:
    My dh and I are both 28, 29 in Dec for me, Jan for him. We're going to ttc without charting for July and August, then if it doesn't happen, being charting temps. I'm glad to hear you guys are- I can come to you for advice!! :).
    HEY! We are in the same boat! Except we starting TTC in June but this cycle is just about over. Booooo but looking forward to the coming months! GL to you :)

GL to you too! Maybe we can stay in touch to talk each other through!
  • Options
    Hi girls!  I hope everyone is having a great week!  I thought you all would get a kick out of the fact that I just took my first ovulation test and was beyond excited! LOL  I've been monitoring my fertility symptoms for a few months, but haven't actually used an ovulation test until today.  The good news is that I've been right on about identifying my symptoms correctly. My little line showed up right away and was even darker than the reference line. I feel like I'm a champ at ovulation testing! Hahahaha!!  DH and I aren't TTC for 2 more cycles, but it's exciting to know we are on track!  Have a great July 4th weekend!!
  • Options
    prinsesslolliprinsesslolli member
    edited July 2014
    wickedsugar said: EKP110913 said: What books are y'all reading? I hear What to Expect When You are Expecting is good, but haven't read it yet I would stay far far away from that series.. A really good book is "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.

Would you mind letting us know why you don't prefer
    What to Expect When You're Expecting?  I've got a copy from my sister, but haven't read it yet either.
  • Options
    nicpugnicpug member
    edited July 2014
    That's awesome @prinsesslolli‌! :) I'm glad everything is on track for you! I wanted to start charting after trying in July and August, but decided I'd probably need a lot more practice, so I just started temping this cycle! I feel like an idiot bc I have so many questions about it, lol! I bought ovulation tests from target yesterday so I'll be using them this month, too! Did anyone do a pre-conception appointment with their GYN? I'm going next week - any suggestions for questions or what to ask?
  • Options
    nicpugnicpug member
    @michelewilson1013‌ I just LOVE the quote you put up! I'm a very positive person in every aspect of my life, and find this quote so true! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Nice to "meet" you! We officially start TTC the end of August/first week of September. We are getting married Sept 6th. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips on books, ladies! My NFP teacher also recommended the Toni Weschler book, so I think I'll read that one!
  • Options
    hherrin01hherrin01 member
    edited July 2014
    Hi everyone! My husband of two years and I are also TTC as of this month! :) I am so happy to finally find a message board online that is up to date! I am a teacher as well, so keeping my fingers crossed for a end-of-school year baby.
  • Options
    EKP110913 said:

So exciting to meet you girls! I've been married 7 months & we are thinking if TTC this winter. Right now we aren't doing anything to prevent PG but not actually trying. DH is finishing up his medical training so we figured we'd wait until he gets a full time job. I'm 31 so I'm a bit nervous about getting a late start seeing as TTC success can sometimes take up to a year. I've started charting and making positive health choices in the last two months- I figure I may as well do all I can now to get prepped!

I am in the same boat! DH and I just started thinking about TTC this year instead of next because we realized we might not get pregnant right away and we want two LO's. :-/ I've had a lot of support from the TTC group that until you're 35, it's really not something to even begin being concerned about.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Started Dating Jan 2004Married Sept 2009. TTC Aug 2014.

BFP 10.30.14!!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    @hherrin01‌ DH AND I are hoping for a post school year baby too!! (Post student teaching).
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Started Dating Jan 2004Married Sept 2009. TTC Aug 2014.

BFP 10.30.14!!

• Options
    Hi! I am also new here and am "pre-TTC" I have major baby fever but we are going to wait until next spring/summer to start trying because my DH is in grad school and we would like it if our baby came towards the end of the program or slightly after graduation. We have been married almost a year and together for 5, I am 27 and DH is 28. 
  • Options
    Hi! Another teacher here, trying to conceive this summer for a spring baby! I'm among the crazies who choose to teach middle school :-). This year I'm teaching 6-8 STEM, and finally starting to get excited about it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    I agree with the PP that suggested Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Extremely informative.

The What to Expect series is extremely dry and poorly laid out. 

While pregnant, i enjoyed the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs (short and quick) and Your Pregnancy Week by Week. 

Good Luck all!
    -=- Tara -=-

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Tara0604 said:
    I agree with the PP that suggested Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Extremely informative.

The What to Expect series is extremely dry and poorly laid out. 

While pregnant, i enjoyed the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs (short and quick) and Your Pregnancy Week by Week. 

Good Luck all!
    I also recommend TCOYF!  I learned more about my body in a few hours than I have in the past 31 years of my life!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    I am 31 DH is 36, he under went a VR in March, and last month was our first "true" month of trying to get pregnant.  I am currently using FF to monitor my cycles and hopefully "time" it correctly.  
    Me: 34 (Divorced 8-22-16)
    Last Depo: 2-19-13  Stopped BCP completely: 10-13-13
    TTC Starting 4-26-14 Stopped TTC 2-1-16
    Ultrasound found minor PCOS 9-5-15
    BFP with boyfriend 12-7-16 

• Options
    prinsesslolliprinsesslolli member
    edited July 2014
    Hi ladies!!  How is everyone doing?  Does anyone have any news to share?  

So I've had an interesting few weeks, so here goes.

I've been off the pill since February and have had a 28 day cycle every month like clockwork.  Last cycle, DH and I were still preventing, but I took my first ovulation test on day 14 of my cycle just to make sure I was reading my body's signals correctly.  I was.  The ovulation test showed DH surge.  About a week later I was having some weird symptoms and thought I might have been pregnant on a fluke, but started my period 2 days later--6 days earlier than my usual.

SO, now I'm a bit frazzled since I really don't know what to expect with my cycle.  DH and I decided to "pull the goalie" (Giuliana Rancic terminology) this month (a month early) and see what happens before we get serious about trying next month.  So I took ovulation tests yesterday and today (days 13 and 14) and nothing.  I suppose if this cycle is short like last month, I could have tested too late, but could potentially be pregnant.  But even though last month's cycle was short, I still ovulated at the "regular time."  So I'm kind of all over the place now since a wrench seems to have been thrown into my menstrual cycle!  lol

Who else has news?

• Options
    This is my first post and I am new to the bump as my husband and I just decided we want to start trying in the next 6ish months so I'm still pre TTC and a HUGE planner so I think this is the right forum for me :)
    Michele - we are on the exact same timeline! I'm 27 and would like to have my first in March 2016 so I too would love to get pregnant next June! I know it doesn't exactly work like that and you can't decide exactly when it's going to happen but I'm crossing my fingers that it works out for me! We are currently building a house and are staying at my parents for the time being so any earlier than that would be too much on my plate :/
  • Options
    Acagle23 said:
    This is my first post and I am new to the bump as my husband and I just decided we want to start trying in the next 6ish months so I'm still pre TTC and a HUGE planner so I think this is the right forum for me :) Michele - we are on the exact same timeline! I'm 27 and would like to have my first in March 2016 so I too would love to get pregnant next June! I know it doesn't exactly work like that and you can't decide exactly when it's going to happen but I'm crossing my fingers that it works out for me! We are currently building a house and are staying at my parents for the time being so any earlier than that would be too much on my plate :/
    Hi @acagle23! Awesome and GL to you. I've been checking bump daily to learn as much as I can about TTC. I actually have a preconception appointment tomorrow-- which, from what I read is overwhelming unnecessary unless you have existing issues. But I'm also meeting a new OB :) The TTGP board has good newbie links that helps you learn about charting if you want to start. Everybody uses fertility friend here but I prefer the ovia interface, and it tracks all of the same data. Hope to chat soon!
    Anniversary
    PersonalMilestone
    imageimage
  • Options
    nicpug said:

Hi Michelle, we want to ttc starting in July! Good luck! Would love to be fertility friends with anyone interested. We don't want to tell family that we are trying, so if don't have anyone to chat with about it!

@nicpug‌ we too aren't telling anyone were TTC. It would be great to connect on here! ♡
  • Options
    Hey y'all. If I could recommend a few books to help you out, I would say please please read Ina May Gaskins guide to childbirth. Birthing with out fear. And Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn. I'm a birth professional and those are the top recommended books!! Also, I'm heading back in to the ttc world! I've got a 6yo and a 4yo, both boys. Maybe I could tag along with y'all.? Is there a group to follow? Thanks and good luck!
  • Options
    nicpugnicpug member
    @babywatermelon‌ sounds great !:). I'm back at cd1 as of today so I'm ready to try again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"